PDA

View Full Version : A conservative leader

02-11-2008, 03:28 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. Conservatives have been screwed over by our leaders. Ever leader we have turned to has turned his back on us at some point. We elect leaders to shrink government, and it grows. We elect leaders to end abortion, and it's still preformed. We elect leaders to cut taxes, and very often, they raise taxes.

It seems to me that by always looking to one leader to guide us in our efforts, we are betraying conservatism. Think about it. Conservatism by definition is defined, not by government power, but the power of the people. And while we continue to sit around let our leaders "take care of wishes" we get totally screwed and our credibility is completely lost. How many times are we going to vote in people who promise to cut spending before we actually see some results? And how many times can we vote people who promise one thing and do another before the American people at large just distrust anything branded with the conservative name.

Much of the war we are waging to change America cannot be won in Washington. It has to be won in the hearts and minds of the people. It cannot be won by politicians in houses of government, but in the homes of families where parents take responsibility for their lives and teach their children to do the same.

It's time we stop looking to politicians to save us and save ourselves. We need to become the leaders of the next generation. We need to do this or we will perish under the yoke of oppression as will our children and many generations of people after us.

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2008, 06:41 AM
okay, I don't understand this "spread it around" thing.....I don't rep people very often, I think maybe twenty times since I joined...I can't even remember the last time I repped avatar, but it says I need to "spread it around".....

Kathianne
02-11-2008, 06:46 AM
okay, I don't understand this "spread it around" thing.....I don't rep people very often, I think maybe twenty times since I joined...I can't even remember the last time I repped avatar, but it says I need to "spread it around".....

I covered it. Somewhere Jim explains rep.

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2008, 07:06 AM
seriously, I just went and looked it up....the last time I gave avatar rep was January 6, over a month ago.....and it says I need to spread it around?....now THAT is an infringment on free speech.......

02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
we need to focus on our lives and how we can be conservative leaders in our life.

JackDaniels
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
There is no doubt that the Republican Party is devoid of Conservativism. The Republican Party is now, unquestionably, the party of big government, big spending, anti-privacy and corporatism.

For limited government you only have one choice: the Libertarian Party.