PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Replaces Campaign Manager

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 04:07 AM
Clinton Replaces Campaign Manager

2008-02-10 16:49:45
By BETH FOUHY Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton has replaced campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle, naming longtime aide Maggie Williams to the top job.

Solis Doyle announced the shift in an e-mail to the staff on Sunday.

"I have been proud to manage this campaign and prouder still to call Hillary my friend for more than 16 years," Solis Doyle wrote. "Maggie is a remarkable person and I am confident that she will do a fabulous job."

The move comes a day after rival Barack Obama swept contests in Washington state, Nebraska, Louisiana.

Article continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14390806&feedid=14)

red states rule
02-11-2008, 06:53 AM
The "smartest women in the world" is fighting for her political pride and life. The myth of the Clinton's may once and for all be destroyed

Kathianne
02-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Memories:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/shadow061499.htm

But Mrs. Clinton's scandal-managing role continued. By the summer of 1995, Whitewater was causing her real anguish. In Newsweek that August, Joe Klein wrote that the scandal had exposed the character of the Clintons. "They are the Tom and Daisy Buchanan of the Baby Boom Political Elite." The Buchanans were the 1920s-style careless people of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby."

"They smashed up lives and didn't notice," Klein wrote.

He laid out in harsh terms how Hillary's chief of staff, Maggie Williams, had broken down in tears while testifying the previous week at the hearings chaired by Sen. Alfonse D'Amato. Williams was saddled with large legal bills, virtually abandoned by her patrons in the White House. "How could the first lady allow her chief of staff to spend $140,000 on legal fees?" Klein asked. "Why hasn't she come forward and said, 'Stop torturing my staff. This isn't about them. I'll testify. I'll make all documents available. I'll sit here and answer your stupid, salacious questions until Inauguration Day, if need be'?"

Hillary was sobbing when she called Jane Sherburne, the White House attorney in charge of scandal management.

Had Jane read the Klein column?

Yes.

"It's killing me to let this happen," Hillary said. She wanted to testify, to make it better, to take care of it. "Every bone in my body tells me that's what I should do."

She could not stand by and let Maggie be hurt so, have others dragged in.

"How is Maggie?"

Sherburne said they both knew Maggie was both vulnerable and tough. She was willing to throw herself in front of any train and get beat up.

Hillary's voice caught and she gasped in short breaths.

Testifying, Sherburne said, would be a mixed blessing. It would be such a sensation. The pure spectacle of the first lady appearing before Congress would overshadow anything she said. Were there words she could say that would resolve the issues and answer all the questions? They would always find more questions.

"I got to do this," Hillary said, gaining strength, taking deeper, measured breaths. "I'm going to do it." ...

red states rule
02-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Tuesday's Chesapeake primary could seal Obama's win

Clinton badly needs Virginia victory

Tuesday’s Chesapeake primary seems likely to continue propelling Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) in opposite directions.

Obama has hearty leads and distinct demographic advantages in each of the three contests: Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.

Obama leads Clinton in Virginia by 53 percent to 37 percent, according to a poll released Sunday by Mason-Dixon.

The survey found his lead in Maryland at 53 percent to 35 percent.

Those states, as well as the District of Columbia, have significant populations of black voters and educated, affluent whites – both top demographics for Obama.

for the complete article

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8428.html

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Whoever it was that was saying obama better double his body guards if he wins, I think they were right. The clintons believe they were preordained to be king and queen of America, and they don't like to lose. Especially to some little upstart magic negro. Yeah ole obama... he better watch his back, and those that turned against the clintons and endorsed him better watch theirs too.

02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
This is more than just the Presidency at stake. If Obama wins the nomination, he will take the party machine with him. The Clintons will not be able to control the party anymore. (the fact that they kept control after Gore and Kerry was amazing enough).

They will lose all the power they have.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
This is more than just the Presidency at stake. If Obama wins the nomination, he will take the party machine with him. The Clintons will not be able to control the party anymore. (the fact that they kept control after Gore and Kerry was amazing enough).

They will lose all the power they have.

True... they will have finally been marginalized, and by their own people. Maybe then we'll get a break and won't have to see or hear them anymore.

02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
True... they will have finally been marginalized, and by their own people. Maybe then we'll get a break and won't have to see or hear them anymore.

oh i think they will be crying out for power in their death beds. but one can hope.

red states rule
02-12-2008, 06:14 AM

And if the Clinton machine pressures the "Super delegates" to go with her, and not Obama - it could be a real war withing the Dem party

Hillary and Bill will do and say anything to win, so going against what the voters decide is not an issue for the Clintons

nevadamedic
02-12-2008, 05:43 PM
The Clinton's are getting desperate, Obama Bin Laden better quadruple his Secret Service protection(and I dont think that will be enough). He also better get the word out on every major news media outlet that he has no intentions of committing suicide and is far from depressed.

We have all seen what happens when a Clinton gets this desperate.

red states rule
02-13-2008, 06:04 AM
The Clinton's are getting desperate, Obama Bin Laden better quadruple his Secret Service protection(and I dont think that will be enough). He also better get the word out on every major news media outlet that he has no intentions of committing suicide and is far from depressed.

We have all seen what happens when a Clinton gets this desperate.

No matter who wins, a liberal will be in the White House no matter what we do