PDA

View Full Version : Obama Takes Early Lead in Maine

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 04:10 AM
Obama Takes Early Lead in Maine

2008-02-10 17:02:40
By GLENN ADAMS Associated Press Writer
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Democrats overlooked the snowy weather and turned out in heavy numbers for municipal caucuses Sunday, giving Barack Obama a slight lead over Hillary Rodham Clinton in early tallies for the party's party presidential nominee.

Democrats in 420 Maine towns and cities were deciding how the state's 24 delegates will be allotted at the party's national convention in August. Despite the weather, turnout was "incredible," party executive director Arden Manning said.

With 11 percent of the participating precincts reporting, Obama had a narrow lead over clinton Clinton, 175 to 168, with four uncommitted.

The voting came a day after Obama and Clinton made personal appeals here, and after Obama picked up wins in Louisiana, Nebraska and Washington.

Organizers had expected heavy participation at the caucuses, but up to 8 inches of snow and Arctic cold were expected when many of the gatherings were scheduled. Even so, Democrats started Sunday with more than 4,000 absentee ballots in hand.

Article continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14390796&feedid=14)

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Obama sweeps, Hillary fires her campaign manager, is hard up for money, and Obama is looking good in Tuesday's primaries

I wonder what Bill is going to do about this?

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
my wife and I proudly voted for Obama at OUR caucus.

02-11-2008, 11:47 AM

i know you guys dont really have many more choices than we do, but i think youll regret that decision someday.

When Obama becomes President, i think we will all have regrets by the time its over. its just a feeling.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
i know you guys dont really have many more choices than we do, but i think youll regret that decision someday.

When Obama becomes President, i think we will all have regrets by the time its over. its just a feeling.

if you think you'll be disappointed, you will.

state of mind, avatar...state of mind.

02-11-2008, 12:12 PM
if you think you'll be disappointed, you will.

state of mind, avatar...state of mind.

oh i wont be. Because my life is not going to be dictated by who is in office. I am going to take care of myself regardless.

truthmatters
02-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Do you have any regrets for voting Bush?

02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Do you have any regrets for voting Bush?

it was him or his opponents. it was no contest. So no.

I do wish he would actually govern as a conservative. particularly in the illegal immigration area.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
oh i wont be. Because my life is not going to be dictated by who is in office. I am going to take care of myself regardless.
likewise

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:14 PM

I think he's got a real shot at this. We might as well get this experiment over and put a cherry black man in the White House and see what happens. I mean how bad can he screw the country up in four years? I guess we'll find out.

02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I think he's got a real shot at this. We might as well get this experiment over and put a cherry black man in the White House and see what happens. I mean how bad can he screw the country up in four years? I guess we'll find out.

how bad was Jimmy Carter again?

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
how bad was Jimmy Carter again?

It'll be a disaster avatar... I have no doubt. But, some people have to learn the hard way.

02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
It'll be a disaster avatar... I have no doubt. But, some people have to learn the hard way.

yeah but the rest of us have to suffer with them.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
yeah but the rest of us have to suffer with them.

that is how I have felt about the chimp ever since about Tora Bora.

In the beginning, I was in a very small minority.... Bush was wildly popular and his approval ratings were off the charts... and I suffered in relative solitude. But interestingly enough, most of America has come around to my way of thinking. It just took them a few years to wake up.

02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
that is how I have felt about the chimp ever since about Tora Bora.

In the beginning, I was in a very small minority.... Bush was wildly popular and his approval ratings were off the charts... and I suffered in relative solitude. But interestingly enough, most of America has come around to my way of thinking. It just took them a few years to wake up.

Only one proble with that. You aren't suffering. We have great prosperity. We have liberated two nations. Nations throughout the world are electing leaders with more conservative values.

And we are going to have a President who "speaks well" but supports policies that will literally destroy our nation.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Only one proble with that. You aren't suffering. We have great prosperity. We have liberated two nations. Nations throughout the world are electing leaders with more conservative values.

And we are going to have a President who "speaks well" but supports policies that will literally destroy our nation.

liberated two nations? and here he told us we wouldn't be doing any of that "nation building" stuff.

and funny thing...the people who come to my church's soup kitchen would disagree with you....

and if you are so certain that Obama will "destroy our nation" (heavy melodrama, I'd say) then you should be making plans to move somewhere else, I suppose?

red states rule
02-12-2008, 06:51 AM
liberated two nations? and here he told us we wouldn't be doing any of that "nation building" stuff.

and funny thing...the people who come to my church's soup kitchen would disagree with you....

and if you are so certain that Obama will "destroy our nation" (heavy melodrama, I'd say) then you should be making plans to move somewhere else, I suppose?

and I thought libs were the folks who stood up for the oppressed, and downtrodden

Or does that only apply when it is a Dem President doing the liberating?

Our economy has taken many blows, but continues to grow and prosper. Like Iraq, Dems want to ignore the success and keep putting out the doom and gloom talking poin\ts