PDA

View Full Version : There's No Good Choice for Conservatives

red states rule
02-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Great article from Mark Steyn. We are stuck with a liberal RINO, and the Dems are on their way to running all branchs of the government

McCain can sure sound like a conservative

It's looking like a grim pick of the daisy petals for conservatives: McCain. Clinton. Obama. He loves us not. She loves us not. He wants to waft us upward on a great uniting bipartisan marshmallow of "hope" and "change" so he can implement down-the-line by-the-book highly partisan hopeless unchanged liberal policies.

How did it get to this? I was on the radio with Laura Ingraham an hour or so before she introduced Mitt Romney's farewell appearance at CPAC, and she played Stevie Wonder's campaign song for Barack Obama, whose lyric runs:

for the complete article

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/mccain-mitt-republican-1976539-obama-quite

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Great article from Mark Steyn. We are stuck with a liberal RINO, and the Dems are on their way to running all branchs of the government

and I'M on my way to a brand new set of Taylormade driver/fairway woods, courtesy of RSR!:dance:

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
and I'M on my way to a brand new set of Taylormade driver/fairway woods, courtesy of RSR!:dance:

What charity is that?

and I thought you libs were scared of McCain

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:19 AM
What charity is that?

and I thought you libs were scared of McCain

my personal checkbook.... from yours to mine.

McCain is going to keep the conservatives at home. Obama is going to energize the democrats AND the independents AND the youth. I think it might be a trouncing reminiscent of '64.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
my personal checkbook.... from yours to mine.

McCain is going to keep the conservatives at home. Obama is going to energize the democrats AND the independents AND the youth. I think it might be a trouncing reminiscent of '64.

So your checkbook is your charity - are you on welfare?

McCain the RINO is the best candidiate the Dems could get. After 4 years of libs running things we will see a repeat of 1980 and 1984 when a true conservative has to come in and clean up the mess

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:31 AM
So your checkbook is your charity - are you on welfare?

McCain the RINO is the best candidiate the Dems could get. After 4 years of libs running things we will see a repeat of 1980 and 1984 when a true conservative has to come in and clean up the mess

As I demonstrated to you with links to the original USMB exchange, YOU stated that, if you won, you would donate your winnings to the local animal shelter. I NEVER made any such statement. I stated from post one - and have never varied - that I would spend YOUR $500 any way I chose to, and at the time, I thought that would be to upgrade my driver/fairway woods...and I still think that is what I will do. One last season with my set of Cobras and it'll be time to move up... all thanks to you.

And there will be plenty of time to negotiate any possible new wagers for 2012 off in the future!

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:32 AM
As I demonstrated to you with links to the original USMB exchange, YOU stated that, if you won, you would donate your winnings to the local animal shelter. I NEVER made any such statement. I stated from post one - and have never varied - that I would spend YOUR $500 any way I chose to, and at the time, I thought that would be to upgrade my driver/fairway woods...and I still think that is what I will do. One last season with my set of Cobras and it'll be time to move up... all thanks to you.

And there will be plenty of time to negotiate any possible new wagers for 2012 off in the future!

Sorry, the links do not prove your version. Please do not derail another thread MM with your whining

If you win, name the charity.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Sorry, the links do not prove your version. Please do not derail another thread MM with your whining

If you win, name the charity.

you are a liar. I gave you the posts. I never agreed to any charity and stated so, explicitly at that time.

I KNEW you would welch!!

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:38 AM
you are a liar. I gave you the posts. I never agreed to any charity and stated so, explicitly at that time.

I KNEW you would welch!!

I said I will send the cash to a charity - please stop having a temper tanturm

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I said I will send the cash to a charity - please stop having a temper tanturm

that's welching. that was NOT our bet. you are a liar and a welcher. Not at all surprising.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Back to the topic at hand

Some "conservatives" are telling those who do not like McCain to shut up

GOP Has Some Growing Up to Do
By Mark Davis

One of the stock lectures conservatives deliver to liberals involves accepting the marketplace and dealing with it as it is without whining about it.

Whether in politics, the economy or popular culture, the lesson preaches the value of changing the marketplace if possible; if it's not possible, the responsible thing to do is deal with it like an adult.

A lot of people who have delivered that lecture would now do well to listen to it.

The marketplace is speaking loudly. Republican voters are choosing John McCain as their party's nominee for president. Plenty of people are not thrilled by that, me included. But the day is coming soon that I will have to face some facts. I highly recommend to my conservative brothers and sisters that they come in off the ledge and start to look at the big picture.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/02/gop_has_some_growing_up_to_do.html

theHawk
02-11-2008, 09:02 AM

It's looking like a grim pick of the daisy petals for conservatives: McCain. Clinton. Obama. He loves us not. She loves us not. He wants to waft us upward on a great uniting bipartisan marshmallow of "hope" and "change" so he can implement down-the-line by-the-book highly partisan hopeless unchanged liberal policies.

How did it get to this? I was on the radio with Laura Ingraham an hour or so before she introduced Mitt Romney's farewell appearance at CPAC, and she played Stevie Wonder's campaign song for Barack Obama, whose lyric runs:

for the complete article

Sure we have a choice.

Either vote for the Dem who will surrender in Iraq and cause the entire region to fall into disarray, appoint liberal judges that will never overturn Roe v Wade, and raise our taxes up the yin yang. Or vote for McCain who will appoint common sense judges, lower taxes, and keep fighting the war against Islamic Jihadists.

If these so-called conservatives can't see the obvious choice in front of them, perhaps they're not as conservative as they profess.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Sure we have a choice.

Either vote for the Dem who will surrender in Iraq and cause the entire region to fall into disarray, appoint liberal judges that will never overtrun Roe v Wade, and raise our taxes up the yin yang. Or vote for McCain who will appoint common sense judges, lower taxes, and keep fighting the war against Islamic Jihadists.

If these so-called conservatives can't see the obvious choice in front of them, perhaps they're not as conservative as they profess.

But by voting for McCain you will be also voting for closing of GITMO, giving terrorists access to the Federal Courts, amnesty for illegals, and McCain-Feingold which takes away free speech rights

McCain did oppose the Bush tax cuts - twice

theHawk
02-11-2008, 09:40 AM
But by voting for McCain you will be also voting for closing of GITMO, giving terrorists access to the Federal Courts, amnesty for illegals, and McCain-Feingold which takes away free speech rights

McCain did oppose the Bush tax cuts - twice

I could care less if he opposed the tax cuts twice in his life, the rest of his record shows he has lowered taxes, and has never voted for a tax increase.

And just because Gitmo will be closed, doesn't mean they will be setting those terrorists free. And as President he can't push amnesty for illegals unless Congress first approves it.

And none of these things changes the obvious differences between him and Hillary/Obama on the war, taxes, and judges. So if you want to sit at home on election day or waste your vote on someone who doesn't have a chance in hell of winning, then go right ahead. But don't complain when President Obama surrenders all of Iraq to the terrorists and raises your taxes.

JohnDoe
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
i bet ya if Mc Cain picked Colin Powell as vp, he would give Obama or Clinton a run for their money!

Granted, there is some mistrust with Powell now from the Democratic side, but they are a forgiving bunch... of those that they like, especially if repentence is present on Powell's end....imo.

anyway...i'm just speculating... :D

Immanuel
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
i bet ya if Mc Cain picked Colin Powell as vp, he would give Obama or Clinton a run for their money!

Granted, there is some mistrust with Powell now from the Democratic side, but they are a forgiving bunch... of those that they like, especially if repentence is present on Powell's end....imo.

anyway...i'm just speculating... :D

Democrats a forgiving bunch? Only one way to answer that! Bullshit. Forgiveness from liberals only comes once the person who must "repent" switches to their way of thinking and proves it 1,000 times over.

If McCain were to chose Powell as a running mate, the Democrats would be calling Powell an Uncle Tom (as they already do) and a liar. Every American would see his testamony to the U.N. at least three times a day everyday between the date he accepted the request to run as VP and three weeks after the election.

I like Powell, but I don't think even he could get me to change my mind and vote for McCain.

Good morning JD,

Immie

JohnDoe
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Democrats a forgiving bunch? Only one way to answer that! Bullshit. Forgiveness from liberals only comes once the person who must "repent" switches to their way of thinking and proves it 1,000 times over.

If McCain were to chose Powell as a running mate, the Democrats would be calling Powell an Uncle Tom (as they already do) and a liar. Every American would see his testamony to the U.N. at least three times a day everyday between the date he accepted the request to run as VP and three weeks after the election.

I like Powell, but I don't think even he could get me to change my mind and vote for McCain.

Good morning JD,

Immie
Hahahahahahaha! Why not tell us how you feel about the subject immanuel?

ok, ok, i got it...! :laugh2:McCain is what Kerry was to you back in 2004, right?

good morning immie

jd

Immanuel
02-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Hahahahahahaha! Why not tell us how you feel about the subject immanuel?

ok, ok, i got it...! :laugh2:McCain is what Kerry was to you back in 2004, right?

good morning immie

jd

Would you believe that I would chose Kerry over McCain? ;)

No? Me either but I would consider it.

And for the record, I don't hate McCain... I just don't like him. As I said in another thread, he reminds me of a grown up crybaby.

To be totally honest with you, there is not a National Politician in this country that I trust enough to vote for at the moment. I might be able to vote for Powell, I think.

Further more, I don't hate Obama or Hillary either. In fact, I think sitting down and talking with them one on one would be an interesting eye opener.

If you are a tried and true member of either major political party, then getting me to vote for you this time around is going to take a lot of convincing me that you are not just another politician. That you really will bring about change... in other words, you have about a .0005% chance of winning my vote.

Immie

02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
im still voting for Romney in the primary.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM

for the complete article

Back to the topic at hand

Some "conservatives" are telling those who do not like McCain to shut up

GOP Has Some Growing Up to Do
By Mark Davis

One of the stock lectures conservatives deliver to liberals involves accepting the marketplace and dealing with it as it is without whining about it.

Whether in politics, the economy or popular culture, the lesson preaches the value of changing the marketplace if possible; if it's not possible, the responsible thing to do is deal with it like an adult.

A lot of people who have delivered that lecture would now do well to listen to it.

The marketplace is speaking loudly. Republican voters are choosing John McCain as their party's nominee for president. Plenty of people are not thrilled by that, me included. But the day is coming soon that I will have to face some facts. I highly recommend to my conservative brothers and sisters that they come in off the ledge and start to look at the big picture.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/02/gop_has_some_growing_up_to_do.html

Whoever it is that thinks they're "conservative" telling "conservatives" to shut up, they're not conservative at all. They're sell outs.

The conservatives of the republican party didn't create this massive fisher within the party. The liberals and the sell outs did. They want the rest of us to compromise our vote and sell out. They want the conservatives to become a RINO just like they are.

I got news for these sell outs... ain't gonna happen. You RINO's are the ones responsible for shoving this liberal gas bag juan mccain at us. If you wanted our vote, you should have supported a true conservative, because that's who we support. Problem is, there isn't one any longer in the republican race.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Conservatives have great choices. The reich wingers have no choice at all at this point. Please stay out of it and at home. Americans will work all this out for you.

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 01:35 AM
mccain is lousy on the border

He was wrong on tax cuts

i dont know much about mccain feingold

but i believe he will grant amnesty to the illegals

his 24-25 years record, shows he is about as tought on illegals, as a new born puppy

Conservatives have great choices. The reich wingers have no choice at all at this point. Please stay out of it and at home. Americans will work all this out for you.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 01:48 AM
McCain is a helluva lot smarter, more powerful and representative of American values than you would ever be in your wildest of dreams.

mccain is lousy on the border

He was wrong on tax cuts

i dont know much about mccain feingold

but i believe he will grant amnesty to the illegals

his 24-25 years record, shows he is about as tought on illegals, as a new born puppy

You can pet your puppy all you want if it makes you feel better. Condemning McCain is just silly, ignorant or at least unpatriotic in my honest opinion.

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Dude, I never said mccain was stupid. I have alot of respect for him.

My only issue with him is the border, and illegals living here.

as far as the tax cuts, let me clarify, some believe him wrong on that, i admire him for saying, no spending cap, i say no. I have no clue if tax cuts work, or not. im no economist.

McCain is a helluva lot smarter, more powerful and representative of American values than you would ever be in your wildest of dreams.

You can pet your puppy all you want if it makes you feel better. Condemning McCain is just silly, ignorant or at least unpatriotic in my honest opinion.

ME: im not condemning mccain, my gosh.. I wanted him to win in 2000.
I have a real issue with him because I dont trust he will close our borders, like tom tancredo would, I dont have faith, he will send the illegals home, but instead will offer them amnesty

Either youre a bit harsh, :poke: or im too over sensitive :laugh2: on this political stuff

I have no personal beef with mccain, im torn if ill vote for him

I have never said, he wasnt an american hero.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Other than the mexicans, just who else should we send home? We have thousands of de facto illegal Canadiens, Europeans, Asians, Mideasterns, etc. How do we control all of them? Did I mention the Africans?

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 02:33 AM
I believe sending home illegals: that means illegals of every race, no matter what country they are from.

But im open to any of your ideas buddy

:salute:

Other than the mexicans, just who else should we send home? We have thousands of de facto illegal Canadiens, Europeans, Asians, Mideasterns, etc. How do we control all of them? Did I mention the Africans?

Pale Rider
02-12-2008, 02:33 AM

We do? Lets have a link to that little tid bit.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 02:37 AM
I thought you were on the 'net, pail rider. Do a google thing. If you have trouble with it I am sure the gurus here can straighten you out on it.

We do? Lets have a link to that little tid bit.

No tid bit, cowgirl, facts is facts.

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 02:41 AM
both of you look lol

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=illegal+immigration+stats&btnG=Google+Search

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 02:54 AM
If you don't understand, martin, say you don't understand. I think pail rider can answer for his own pitiful little self.

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 03:04 AM
I can give you what ive seen and heard, but i dont have anything definitive

If you don't understand, martin, say you don't understand. I think pail rider can answer for his own pitiful little self.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 04:06 AM
That's a usual reich wing response, martin. I know you better than that.

I can give you what ive seen and heard, but i dont have anything definitive

If it is sufficient for you, however, then so be it.

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
im being honest, which is why im backing off.

That's a usual reich wing response, martin. I know you better than that.

If it is sufficient for you, however, then so be it.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Don't take it all so personally, martin. Most reich wingers react on hearing and seeing without thoughts to comprehensive understanding. I wish more of them were willing to wear the uniform and fight for their beliefs and ideologies. Seriously, they'd be truly GREAT at that point!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly, we live in the real world where mostly the disenfranchised chose to wear the American military uniform. This creates a political dichotomy wherein any liberal candidate can win aka 2006.

America can and WILL do better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
02-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Here's a link to most cited by government. Mexicans are estimated to be nearly 60% of illegals, followed by Asia and Eastern Europeans:

http://www.immigrationforum.org/documents/crs/CRS_undocumented_2004.pdf

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks, kitty!!!!!!! When do we start erecting the sea walls and northern barricades?

Here's a link to most cited by government. Mexicans are estimated to be nearly 60% of illegals, followed by Asia and Eastern Europeans:

http://www.immigrationforum.org/documents/crs/CRS_undocumented_2004.pdf

red states rule
02-12-2008, 06:01 AM
The numbers on illegals

From the L.A Times:

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County
has 10 million people) are working for cash and not
paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly
illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are
for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los
Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County
are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose
births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California
detention centers are Mexican nationals here
illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles
County are living in garages.