PDA

View Full Version : MFM/RSR Wager

retiredman
02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Here is a series of posts between Red States Rule and ME held on USMB in February of LAST year. I post this here in the steel cage area and will update it again, after the election, to let everyone know who paid whom. As it stands right now, RSR is already weaseling away from the wager claiming that he will only donate money to a charity of my choice if I win. Clearly, as shown here..that was NEVER the wager I made.

you keep thinking that.

Would you like to bet....say....$500 right now?? I say democrats pick up more seats in congress than they have now and they get the white house. You wanna put your money where your mouth is?

You are on

If I win (which I will) you can donate the money to my local SPCA

when I win, you can pay me with a money order.

I do love the compassion of libs who tell the rest of us to find a worthy charity to donate to

Much like how libs bellowed how the tax cuts were bad, but they still kept theirs

No matter, I will give you the address off the SPCA on election night as Rudy keeps the White House for the good guys

hey...this is a bet between you and me...when I win, I will decide what to do with MY winnings.

I take in stray dogs and cats.... I do enough for the SPCA already. I might buy a new set of fairway woods with my winnings

Spoken like a true lib

"Don't do as I do - do as I say"

The only winnings you will have if you layff this bet with a win for Rudy

The Dems do have anyone who can win the Electoral College. Remember we "hicks" vote in huge numbers and if Hillary is your choice, the "hicks" will turn out in record numbers to defeat her

are you tapdancing away from our wager before the ink is even dry?

Hell no. The animals at the shelter will thank you for the cash

as I will thank you...and my liquor cabinet will thank you.

end of exchange

chesswarsnow
02-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. He was defiantly talking about the bet going to charity.
2. I didn't take you as greedy, but stranger things have happened.
3. Let it go man, you can't have the cash.
4. You are wrong.
5. Nice try.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. He was defiantly talking about the bet going to charity.
2. I didn't take you as greedy, but stranger things have happened.
3. Let it go man, you can't have the cash.
4. You are wrong.
5. Nice try.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

bullshit. I proposed the wager. He told me what he would do with his winnings. I never agreed to do likewise and stated so right from the beginning.

Hey...if he wins, I will certainly mail him a check and he can send it to his local animal shelter. Good for him. If I win, he can send me a check and I'll decide where it goes after that.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 08:21 AM
bullshit. I proposed the wager. He told me what he would do with his winnings. I never agreed to do likewise and stated so right from the beginning.

Hey...if he wins, I will certainly mail him a check and he can send it to his local animal shelter. Good for him. If I win, he can send me a check and I'll decide where it goes after that.

Losing again MMM, accept it - you are wrong

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Losing again MMM, accept it - you are wrong

show me where I agreed to donate my winnings to a charity.

When, after I explained that I would NOT donate my winnings to anyone, I THEN asked you if you were tapdancing away from the wager.... your reply: HELL NO.

but the board will know when you welch.:laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2008, 08:28 AM
show me where I agreed to donate my winnings to a charity.

When, after I explained that I would NOT donate my winnings to anyone, I THEN asked you if you were tapdancing away from the wager.... your reply: HELL NO.

but the board will know when you welch.:laugh2:

Your own post shows I said the money goes to charity

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Your own post shows I said the money goes to charity

my own post shows that you said that you would donate YOUR winnings to charity. Good for you.

My post clearly shows that I did not agree to do any such thing and you did NOT tapdance away from the wager once I made THAT clear.

but you'll welch anyhow....we all know that.:laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
my own post shows that you said that you would donate YOUR winnings to charity. Good for you.

My post clearly shows that I did not agree to do any such thing and you did NOT tapdance away from the wager once I made THAT clear.

but you'll welch anyhow....we all know that.:laugh2:

So far you are 0-2 as far as other opinions

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:36 AM
So far you are 0-2 as far as other opinions

the words are clear. I told you what I would do with my winnings and then asked you if you were tapdancing away from the wager. Your reply: HELL NO.

welcher.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
the words are clear. I told you what I would do with my winnings and then asked you if you were tapdancing away from the wager. Your reply: HELL NO.

welcher.

You do have a serious problem with the truth don't you?

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:39 AM
You do have a serious problem with the truth don't you?

the words are right there...show me where I am wrong:

If I win (which I will) you can donate the money to my local SPCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineman
when I win, you can pay me with a money order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red states rule
I do love the compassion of libs who tell the rest of us to find a worthy charity to donate to

Much like how libs bellowed how the tax cuts were bad, but they still kept theirs

No matter, I will give you the address off the SPCA on election night as Rudy keeps the White House for the good guys

Quote:
hey...this is a bet between you and me...when I win, I will decide what to do with MY winnings.

I take in stray dogs and cats.... I do enough for the SPCA already. I might buy a new set of fairway woods with my winnings

Quote:
Spoken like a true lib

"Don't do as I do - do as I say"

The only winnings you will have if you layff this bet with a win for Rudy

The Dems do have anyone who can win the Electoral College. Remember we "hicks" vote in huge numbers and if Hillary is your choice, the "hicks" will turn out in record numbers to defeat her

Quote:
are you tapdancing away from our wager before the ink is even dry?

Quote:

Quote:

red states rule
02-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Again, now here did I say the monmey would go to you - only to the charity of your choice

My, you are the biggest whiner I have ever seen

retiredman
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
show me where you said you would only pay to the charity of my choice. I'll wait.

liar.

welcher.:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
in contracts law we would say "there was no meeting of the minds".....given the fact neither of you have one, that was inevitable......

Nukeman
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
in contracts law we would say "there was no meeting of the minds".....given the fact neither of you have one, that was inevitable......

:lol::lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2::lol:

Love that one.......:cheers2:

dan
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd wager that nobody gives a shit. :2up:

hjmick
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I'd wager that nobody gives a shit. :2up:

I'd wager that you'd win that wager.

I do, however, have a question for MfM...

Why clutter this board with your problems from USMB? Granted, you did stick it in the steel cage...but still...

retiredman
02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd wager that you'd win that wager.

I do, however, have a question for MfM...

Why clutter this board with your problems from USMB? Granted, you did stick it in the steel cage...but still...

I did put it in the steel cage.... for that very reason.
the reason I brought it here is this is where I hang out now more than USMB and this is where RSR hangs out as well... it had been a long time since we made the wager and when I brought it up recently, RSR laid the goofy "charity" wrinkle on it and it became clear to me that the little weasel was setting himself up to welch on a bet... he called me a liar here and said that the bet had always been about charity for both of us and I thought I'd expose that lie for what it was...here... so I did.

odd, though...I don't see you getting all over actsnoblemartin for such scintillating threads as "what's your favorite thing about yourself", "how would you rate you dancing skills", "check out my 30+ youtube videos", "now there are the types of kitties I like", and "lawyers hahaha" and my favorite, the delightfully autobiographical, "since were gonna talk about retards"?

Do you NOT think that they "clutter the board"??

why the double standard?

Yurt
02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
mfm -- you lose

you proposed a wager, rsr replied with his conditions of acceptance of said wager and you rejected his conditions outright and therefore no wager was ever formed as method of payment was never agreed upon.

simple contracts law

retiredman
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
mfm -- you lose

you proposed a wager, rsr replied with his conditions of acceptance of said wager and you rejected his conditions outright and therefore no wager was ever formed as method of payment was never agreed upon.

simple contracts law

his statement that he would take his winnings and give it to the SPCA does not bind me in any way. If we had a bet, and I said, if I win, I am going to buy cocaine, do you think that I should demand that you do likewise if YOU win? I asked him, after I had made my position clear, if he was trying to tapdance away from the wager given my refusal to be charitable with my winnings, and he said, HELL NO.

try again.

manu1959
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
mfm -- you lose

simple contracts law

no where in this exchange do i see them agree on terms.....as i see it the negotiations broke down without comming to an agreement...

retiredman
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Fine. I would rather see a local Maine charity make out than have RSR get away with welching on a bet. I have sent him the address of my charity via PM. The Executive Director is a colleague of mine and I will get confirmation from her that she has received the contribution.

Yurt
02-11-2008, 02:55 PM
his statement that he would take his winnings and give it to the SPCA does not bind me in any way. If we had a bet, and I said, if I win, I am going to buy cocaine, do you think that I should demand that you do likewise if YOU win? I asked him, after I had made my position clear, if he was trying to tapdance away from the wager given my refusal to be charitable with my winnings, and he said, HELL NO.

try again.

as manu clarified what i was saying -- the material terms of the wager were never agreed upon, hence, both of you are not bound to anything as you both never agreed to anything.

edit:

you get nothign, you rejected his offer to give the money to the animal charity

retiredman
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
as manu clarified what i was saying -- the material terms of the wager were never agreed upon, hence, both of you are not bound to anything as you both never agreed to anything.

edit:

you get nothign, you rejected his offer to give the money to the animal charity

but do..please show me where he offered to give the money to my animal charity if he lost?

Yurt
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
but do..please show me where he offered to give the money to my animal charity if he lost?

show me where you said you would abide by his condition and give the money to the shelter

jimnyc
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I have no interest in the bet but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway!

From a man to man standpoint - I think there was a bet here. If RSR won he would get the money sent to charity. If MFM won he made it clear he would keep it.

From a contractual law standpoint - As PMP already stated, there was no "meeting of the minds" which is in fact standard legal terminology. The negotiation process never actually completed with this meeting of the minds, so technically one could claim that a bet never truly took place.

The problem started after the "man to man" portion was out of the way and technicalities ensued. So, I would say there was a bet here between 2 men, but it wouldn't hold up in a court of law as a "contract" (specially since gambling is illegal! LOL)

shattered
02-11-2008, 05:48 PM
12 months ago...from another board...

And y'all still GIVE a flying rip? Nothing better to do? Yeesh.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
show me where you said you would abide by his condition and give the money to the shelter

I didn't need to. I was always going to give the money to HIM...he would give it to the shelter...or not...it would make no difference to the terms of the bet, from my perspective. And clearly, when he said, HELL NO, he was letting everyone know that my not sending it a charity made no difference in the terms of the bet from HIS perspective.

But hey... I know he is going to welch on the bet in any case. And in the one chance in a thousand that my giving him the address of a worthwhile charity would make him NOT welch on the bet, I have already sent him the name and address of a worthy charity in my area of Maine.... one that feeds and takes care of hungry homeless people, not animals.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
12 months ago...from another board...

And y'all still GIVE a flying rip? Nothing better to do? Yeesh.

it's $500... and it's about an event in the future. Do YOU have nothing better to do that comment on a thread you have no interest in?

Yurt
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't need to. I was always going to give the money to HIM...he would give it to the shelter...or not...it would make no difference to the terms of the bet, from my perspective. And clearly, when he said, HELL NO, he was letting everyone know that my not sending it a charity made no difference in the terms of the bet from HIS perspective.

But hey... I know he is going to welch on the bet in any case. And in the one chance in a thousand that my giving him the address of a worthwhile charity would make him NOT welch on the bet, I have already sent him the name and address of a worthy charity in my area of Maine.... one that feeds and takes care of hungry homeless people, not animals.

you rejected his condition for giving it to the animal shelter after he said would not back out, then you informed us that this was end of the discussion:

Quote:

give up, you can't tell him to go pound sand on his condition and then come back 20 years later whining about the fact that you told him you would not abide by his condition

google meeting of the minds and terms of an agreement

shattered
02-11-2008, 09:15 PM
it's $500... and it's about an event in the future. Do YOU have nothing better to do that comment on a thread you have no interest in?

Dude.. It ain't 500 ANYTHING. It's the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T.

Yurt
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Dude.. It ain't 500 ANYTHING. It's the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T.

agreements are made everyday on the internet

manu1959
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM

if it is an event in the future and terms have not been agreed upon then there is no bet as of yet and no one has yet welched (racist term by the way)....

retiredman
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
you rejected his condition for giving it to the animal shelter after he said would not back out, then you informed us that this was end of the discussion:

give up, you can't tell him to go pound sand on his condition and then come back 20 years later whining about the fact that you told him you would not abide by his condition

google meeting of the minds and terms of an agreement

I never informed him that it was the end of the discussion. You should notice in post #1 that "end of exchange" is not a quote. It is merely me showing that the discussion about our bet ended at that point and we went on to argue and bicker about other issues.

I never rejected his giving his winnings to the animal shelter. He told me what he would do with his winnings, and I told him what I would do with mine. We had an agreement. I was perfectly OK with him giving his money away, and he stated that the bet was still on even after I had stated what I would do if I won.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
if it is an event in the future and terms have not been agreed upon then there is no bet as of yet and no one has yet welched (racist term by the way)....

duh. It is my prediction. wanna bet on it?

manu1959
02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
duh. It is my prediction. wanna bet on it?

only if i get the dems and 3:1 ODDS

retiredman
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
only if i get the dems and 3:1 ODDS

no....it's my prediction about RSR and whether or not he'll honor our wager. I'

do you wanna bet on THAT?:lol:

Yurt
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM

a safe bet is that you shouldn't be making any more bets -- given your past success with "betting"

:D

retiredman
02-11-2008, 11:05 PM
a safe bet is that you shouldn't be making any more bets -- given your past success with "betting"

:D

I actually have two "successful" betting experiences online. One, I was sent a money order for $20 when the red sox won the series in '04...and another I lost - and sent out $10 for this year's superbowl.

manu1959
02-11-2008, 11:13 PM

you two have not agreed on terms.....there is nothing to wager on....

shattered
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
agreements are made everyday on the internet

Sure they are.. One going to sue the other if they don't "pay up"? I don't see anything that even remotely resembles any form of a legal contract.

retiredman
02-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Sure they are.. One going to sue the other if they don't "pay up"? I don't see anything that even remotely resembles any form of a legal contract.

as Jim so eloquently put it, it was never meant to be a legal contract, and I certainly have no plans for suing anyone....it was always just a bet between two guys.

manu1959
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
as Jim so eloquently put it, it was never meant to be a legal contract, and I certainly have no plans for suing anyone....it was always just a bet between two guys.

but don't two guys have to agree on the terms of the bet...for there to be a bet....

Yurt
02-12-2008, 12:46 AM
but don't two guys have to agree on the terms of the bet...for there to be a bet....

i bet he doesn't see it this way

manu1959
02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
i bet he doesn't see it this way

nah......ya think.....

jackass
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Ya know...I have to agree with MFM and Jim on this one. Technically I guess you could argue that there is no bet because one didnt agree to how the money was used, but it still was a bet on all sides except that technicality.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
it's $500... and it's about an event in the future. Do YOU have nothing better to do that comment on a thread you have no interest in? I find it amazing that you can remember this yet claim not to remember following me to this board and promptly getting your ass booted out. :lol:

glockmail
02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Ya know...I have to agree with MFM and Jim on this one. Technically I guess you could argue that there is no bet because one didnt agree to how the money was used, but it still was a bet on all sides except that technicality. I disagree due to the context. MFM will argue a point ad nauseam where he has zero standing and credibility, so it stands to reason that he would do so when it came time for him to pay up. RSR knows this and would be a fool to agree on a bet unless there was a very solid contract.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I find it amazing that you can remember this yet claim not to remember following me to this board and promptly getting your ass booted out. :lol:

because that is not what happened. sorry.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
because that is not what happened. sorry.
I thought you said you didn't remember? Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

retiredman
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought you said you didn't remember? Are you lying now, or were you lying then?
I remember coming over here at the request of a USMB poster. It had nothing to do with you. sorry.
:laugh2:

glockmail
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I remember coming over here at the request of a USMB poster. It had nothing to do with you. sorry.
:laugh2:
I suspect that's a lie, because OCA or Jimmy would have caught you double registering by matching the IP address. But its easy enough for you to prove. My first post was 02-21-2007, 09:45 PM.:coffee:

retiredman
02-12-2008, 07:43 PM
I suspect that's a lie, because OCA or Jimmy would have caught you double registering by matching the IP address. But its easy enough for you to prove. My first post was 02-21-2007, 09:45 PM.:coffee:

the member's list does indeed show that 02-21-2007 is your join date.

Mine is 01-13-2007.

I guess you must have me confused with someone else.

glockmail
02-13-2008, 06:39 AM
the member's list does indeed show that 02-21-2007 is your join date.

Mine is 01-13-2007.

I guess you must have me confused with someone else.
Not really. The board was crashed prior to that date and all prior posts and data were lost. It was nearly two months before I figured that out.

retiredman
02-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Not really. The board was crashed prior to that date and all prior posts and data were lost. It was nearly two months before I figured that out.

you're the guy who claimed that I followed you over here to harass you.

You are the guy who claimed: "But its easy enough for you to prove. My first post was 02-21-2007, 09:45 PM"

I was here a month before that.

sorry. I showed you my proof that you asked me to. You should let this go now. you lost.

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
you're the guy who claimed that I followed you over here to harass you.

You are the guy who claimed: "But its easy enough for you to prove. My first post was 02-21-2007, 09:45 PM"

I was here a month before that.

sorry. I showed you my proof that you asked me to. You should let this go now. you lost. The old data is gone. Are you going to admit that?

retiredman
02-13-2008, 07:05 AM
The old data is gone. Are you going to admit that?

I have no idea if it is or not. I haven't looked and don't really care. You said that my date of arrival would prove something. I gave it to you.

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:09 AM
I have no idea if it is or not. I haven't looked and don't really care. You said that my date of arrival would prove something. I gave it to you. The trail of evidence came to a dead end. Jimmy can confirm that the data was lost. Do you admit that it was?

retiredman
02-13-2008, 07:16 AM
The trail of evidence came to a dead end. Jimmy can confirm that the data was lost. Do you admit that it was?

as I said...I don't know, I don't care, I never looked...I just found my start date in the member list and I found yours. Yours is what you said it was...I assume mine is equally accurate, but again...I don't care. I have no knowledge or interest in Jimmy's supposedly lost data. none.

glockmail
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
as I said...I don't know, I don't care, I never looked...I just found my start date in the member list and I found yours. Yours is what you said it was...I assume mine is equally accurate, but again...I don't care. I have no knowledge or interest in Jimmy's supposedly lost data. none.
How convenient, to not care about facts.:pee:

retiredman
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
How convenient, to not care about facts.:pee:

I care about facts. I DON'T care about insignificant irrelevant meaningless "facts". I don't care if the lady who lives in the house three doors down shits this morning or this afternoon. I DON'T CARE. Get it? You are the melodramatic righteously indignant drama queen who gets your panties in a knot over shit like this... not me. You made a big deal out of pointing out when your first post was as if that was some sort of damning PROOF of something or another. I showed you where I had been here more than a month before. I didn't follow you here. You followed me here. You got owned. Deal with it. move on. :laugh2:

glockmail
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I care about facts. I DON'T care about insignificant irrelevant meaningless "facts". I don't care if the lady who lives in the house three doors down shits this morning or this afternoon. I DON'T CARE. Get it? You are the melodramatic righteously indignant drama queen who gets your panties in a knot over shit like this... not me. You made a big deal out of pointing out when your first post was as if that was some sort of damning PROOF of something or another. I showed you where I had been here more than a month before. I didn't follow you here. You followed me here. You got owned. Deal with it. move on. :laugh2: Actually, no. As I stated before, the trail of evidence simply came to a dead end due to the loss of data on the board. You don't seem to care about that fact since it doesn't fit your perception of reality.

Perhaps it is you who is "the melodramatic righteously indignant drama queen who gets your panties in a knot". :lol:

retiredman
02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Actually, no. As I stated before, the trail of evidence simply came to a dead end due to the loss of data on the board. You don't seem to care about that fact since it doesn't fit your perception of reality.

Perhaps it is you who is "the melodramatic righteously indignant drama queen who gets your panties in a knot". :lol:

Perhaps not. maybe you don't understand. This whole thing is some big deal to YOU. Go read post #52... and my response in #53. You came here a month after I did. You seem to have this fantasy that I chased you here. I seem to recall a poster on USMB, who is also on here, asked me to rejoin. I did. So... unless you got something else other than your simpering whiny bullshit theories, we're about done here.
:fu:

glockmail
02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Perhaps not. maybe you don't understand. This whole thing is some big deal to YOU. Go read post #52... and my response in #53. You came here a month after I did. You seem to have this fantasy that I chased you here. I seem to recall a poster on USMB, who is also on here, asked me to rejoin. I did. So... unless you got something else other than your simpering whiny bullshit theories, we're about done here.
:fu:
:lol: Typical maineman aka manfrommaine response: Damn the facts/ Flip the bird.

Yurt
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM

to what date? jan/feb?

PostmodernProphet
02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I am willing to bet $500 that this thread is not over.....

(post acceptance here)

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
to what date? jan/feb?
I'm not really sure. I think it was late fall when Mr. P (I'm fairly certain) PM'd me at USMB and asked me to join this new board. We had a little conversation about if that was ethical or not (I was just giving him a hard time), and a few days after that I joined and made a few posts. A short time later I could not log on and my ID was gone, so I suspected that a certain moderator that I can't stand (no longer here-will remain unnamed) shafted me, so I continued posting at USMB. A long time after that (2 months?) I was again invited here (I don't remember who), and I told that person what had happened, and he explained that the board was hacked or something, and just to re-register.

retiredman
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
:lol: Typical maineman aka manfrommaine response: Damn the facts/ Flip the bird.

I don't care about the "facts" in this idiotic matter. I don't care what you had for dinner tonight. This is your deal. You suggested a way to "prove" your point. It didn't prove your point. sorry. not much else I can do at this point. I told you why I joined. The board seems to show that I joined a month before you. That's all I know or care to know about this...but DO continue to simper and sashay and fret about it.... in your totally gay way!:lol:

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't care about the "facts" in this idiotic matter. I don't care what you had for dinner tonight. This is your deal. You suggested a way to "prove" your point. It didn't prove your point. sorry. not much else I can do at this point. I told you why I joined. The board seems to show that I joined a month before you. That's all I know or care to know about this...but DO continue to simper and sashay and fret about it.... in your totally gay way!:lol:
What's "gay" is your selective ignorance.