PDA

View Full Version : *Great Actor Roy Scheider Dies, CWN Loved His Movies*

chesswarsnow
02-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But a prominent actor died recently, and will be sorely missed.
2. Very respected as a actor and human being.
3. Was the real deal.
4. Hollywood lost a good one.
5. Read all about it HERE:http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-scheider11feb11,1,7802565.story

"

Roy Scheider, the jagged-nosed actor who brought complexity to tough-guy roles in such films as "The French Connection," "Jaws" and "All That Jazz," and was also known for political activism off the set, died Sunday afternoon at a hospital in Little Rock, Ark. He was believed to be 75, and had been battling a form of blood cancer for three years.

Scheider, who lived in Sag Harbor, N.Y., died at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital, which specializes in the treatment of multiple myeloma, a form of cancer that affects blood cells. He died of complications from the disease, said Leslie Taylor, a university spokeswoman.

Taylor said Scheider had been receiving treatments at the hospital's Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy in recent years. On its website, the institute says that it has kept patients alive for six to seven years after diagnosis, about twice the national average.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JohnDoe
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
my husband especially and me too, are in mourning today! May God speed, be with Roy!

My husband and his best buddy were the president and vice president of the roy scheider fan club, right after JAWS....

and every year we meet up with a bunch of JAWS/Roy Scheider fans in Martha's Vinyard where JAWS was filmed, to party, on the anniversary of its release each year!

Some of these fans fly in every year from England to meet up with us on the Island.....silly.....i know, but fun none the less! :)

God rest his soul....

hip hip hooray Roy Schieder!

jd

red states rule
02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
my husband especially and me too, are in mourning today! May God speed, be with Roy!

My husband and his best buddy were the president and vice president of the roy scheider fan club, right after JAWS....

and every year we meet up with a bunch of JAWS/Roy Scheider fans in Martha's Vinyard where JAWS was filmed, to party, on the anniversary of its release each year!

Some of these fans fly in every year from England to meet up with us on the Island.....silly.....i know, but fun none the less! :)

God rest his soul....

hip hip hooray Roy Schieder!

jd

He was good

Jaws, the 7-Ups, 52 Card Pickup

We will be missed

manu1959
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
great actor .... loved his work .....

we are gonna need a bigger boat.....

JohnDoe
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM