PDA

View Full Version : US Marine accused of raping 14 yo girl in Japan

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Another scandle involving a US marine. The marines have been in the news a lot lately. First the guy who killed that pregnant girl, then the two cities, now this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_re_as/japan_marine_arrested;_ylt=AijHrXs9ySRCQ8juj9sF.9l vzwcF

TOKYO - A U.S. Marine accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in southern Japan was arrested Monday, police said, stirring memories of a rape of a Japanese girl by U.S. troops over a decade ago.

Police took custody of Staff Sgt. Tyrone Luther Hadnott, 38, of Camp Courtney in Okinawa, an Okinawa police official said on condition of anonymity citing policy. Hadnott, who has denied the allegations, has not been charged.

Under a mutual security pact, the United States has about 50,000 troops deployed around Japan. Most of them are based on Okinawa and tensions over potential accidents, land use and troop-related crimes are common.

In 1995, the rape of a schoolgirl in Okinawa by three American servicemen sparked large-scale protests. The three served prison terms of six and a half to seven years.

"This is extremely regrettable," said Japanese Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura of Monday's arrest. Komura said the government asked Washington to tighten discipline among its troop based in Japan to prevent such crimes in the future. Tokyo has made similar requests in the past.

Hadnott, whose hometown has not been identified, is alleged to have offered to take the girl to her home on his motorbike on Sunday, but instead took her to his house, another local police official told The Associated Press.

When the girl started crying, he said he would drive her home, but he is accused of then raping her in a car, the official said, also speaking on condition of anonymity in line with policy.

Hadnott told investigators he forced the girl down and kissed her, but that he did not rape her, the official said.

Lt. Gen. Bruce Wright, commander of U.S. Forces in Japan, said the U.S. was aware of the "serious allegations in Okinawa."

"(We) are closely monitoring the situation while fully cooperating with Japanese officials," Wright said in a statement. "If the allegations are true, our hearts are with the victim and family."

Nukeman
02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
You know its funny the media doesn't bring to light anyone else who is part of some group. I mean we dont hear "another business man went to Thialand to have sex with underage children". Hey have it be a service member and the media is all over it. With the number of service personel in the US, the number that commit these types of crimes is statisticly non-existant. This is what amazes me the most whenever it involves a military person it has to be sensationalized.

So with this story can we believe that the media will now report in the following way.

1. "Another murder committed by a black man"
2. "Another hit-and-run committed by a hispanic male"
3. "Another corportation run into the ground by a white dude"
4. "Another drunken indian kills family"
5. etc....etc....etc...

I think you see where I am going with this. This guy was a piece of shit first and a military person second. :poke:

Monkeybone
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
You know its funny the media doesn't bring to light anyone else who is part of some group. I mean we dont hear "another business man went to Thialand to have sex with underage children". Hey have it be a service member and the media is all over it. With the number of service personel in the US, the number that commit these types of crimes is statisticly non-existant. This is what amazes me the most whenever it involves a military person it has to be sensationalized.

So with this story can we believe that the media will now report in the following way.

5. etc....etc....etc...

I think you see where I am going with this. This guy was a piece of shit first and a military person second. :poke:

that right there is the main thing. no matter what you make a guy wear, what training he has, how disciplined he is, or where he comes from....it comes right down to the person. the military is his job. not like they trained him to rape young girls.

hjmick
02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
This guy was a piece of shit first and a military person second.

This is the point that so many are quick to ignore. Instead, they seem to lay the problem at the feet of military mindset.

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
the number that commit these types of crimes is statisticly non-existant. This is what amazes me the most whenever it involves a military person it has to be sensationalized.

That is why it's sensationalized. Rare = makes the news. Plus it has deeper connotation then just a regular rape. This could hurt relations with the Japanese people and their willingness to have US troops on their soil. Just like what happened when the tank accidentally ran over a Korean girl. It's not really reasonable but popular sentiment goes along when it comes to countries tolerating foreign troops stationed in their country.

Monkeybone
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
actually Japan wants the Marines out before this even happened. that is one of the reasons alot of them are transferring to Guam. this is just icing on the cake.

pegwinn
02-11-2008, 08:55 PM

5. etc....etc....etc...

The first part is spot on. The second part is speculation until the Court Martial is over.

I was over there when the big rape of the 90's occured. It was a witch hunt. It impacts relations and forces the USA to grant concessions. If the guy is found guilty I will cheerfully go back on active duty to castrate him with a gen-u-wine USMC K-bar.

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
tensions over potential accidents, land use and troop-related crimes are common.

one instance since 1995 out of 50,000 troops?.......I would say not very common at all......

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
In other news. One scandal right after another. Military is gettin hammered in the media in regards to crimes/rape. These type stories come out every month.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11833

Air Force colonel faces sex/rape charges

WICHITA FALLS, Texas - Two women, civilian workers at Sheppard Air Force Base, testified at a military hearing Monday that an Air Force colonel sexually assaulted them, and one said he raped her.

One woman testified that Col. Samuel Lofton III forcibly kissed her and put her hand on his genitals and another time raped her, each time after everyone had gone home for the day.

She said after Lofton raped her, he asked whether he could keep her pantyhose as a souvenir.

"I said, 'What are you thinking? Monica Lewinsky?'" she testified, saying she then threw the hose at him.

The testimony came on the opening day of Lofton's Article 32 hearing, which is similar to civilian grand jury proceedings, to determine whether there is enough evidence to send the case to a court-martial.

Lofton is charged with rape, being absent without leave, 20 counts of larceny, four counts of indecent assault, two counts of dereliction of duty and two counts of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman. If he goes to trial and is convicted, Lofton faces a maximum penalty of life in a military prison.

Lofton's attorneys declined to comment after the hearing, which is to resume Tuesday.

pegwinn
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Come back when there is a conviction. Until then it's just more sensationalizing.

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
If it makes the news I will. All news is sensationalizing, that's how they make their money.

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 01:08 AM
In 1968 I was taught in basic training that 14 was legal meat. The civilians might be appalled but the UCMJ was on my side on that issue.

manu1959
02-12-2008, 01:11 AM
In 1968 I was taught in basic training that 14 was legal meat. The civilians might be appalled but the USMJ was on my side on that issue.

USMJ huh....basic must have been interesting....http://www.usmjparty.com/

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Figure it for yourself, m'59. 14 was the age of consent back then according to the UCMJ. The civilian courts always deferred to the military jurisdiction. Go figure?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

manu1959
02-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Figure it for yourself, m'59. 14 was the age of consent back then according to the UCMJ. The civilian courts always deferred to the military jurisdiction. Go figure?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

depended on the country....

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 01:23 AM
can you ever bring up anything good about the troops, or do you just salivate over every bad thing you can find.

im really starting to wonder if your an al queda cheer leader

:mm:

Another scandle involving a US marine. The marines have been in the news a lot lately. First the guy who killed that pregnant girl, then the two cities, now this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_re_as/japan_marine_arrested;_ylt=AijHrXs9ySRCQ8juj9sF.9l vzwcF

TOKYO - A U.S. Marine accused of raping a 14-year-old girl in southern Japan was arrested Monday, police said, stirring memories of a rape of a Japanese girl by U.S. troops over a decade ago.

Police took custody of Staff Sgt. Tyrone Luther Hadnott, 38, of Camp Courtney in Okinawa, an Okinawa police official said on condition of anonymity citing policy. Hadnott, who has denied the allegations, has not been charged.

Under a mutual security pact, the United States has about 50,000 troops deployed around Japan. Most of them are based on Okinawa and tensions over potential accidents, land use and troop-related crimes are common.

In 1995, the rape of a schoolgirl in Okinawa by three American servicemen sparked large-scale protests. The three served prison terms of six and a half to seven years.

"This is extremely regrettable," said Japanese Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura of Monday's arrest. Komura said the government asked Washington to tighten discipline among its troop based in Japan to prevent such crimes in the future. Tokyo has made similar requests in the past.

Hadnott, whose hometown has not been identified, is alleged to have offered to take the girl to her home on his motorbike on Sunday, but instead took her to his house, another local police official told The Associated Press.

When the girl started crying, he said he would drive her home, but he is accused of then raping her in a car, the official said, also speaking on condition of anonymity in line with policy.

Hadnott told investigators he forced the girl down and kissed her, but that he did not rape her, the official said.

Lt. Gen. Bruce Wright, commander of U.S. Forces in Japan, said the U.S. was aware of the "serious allegations in Okinawa."

"(We) are closely monitoring the situation while fully cooperating with Japanese officials," Wright said in a statement. "If the allegations are true, our hearts are with the victim and family."

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 02:01 AM
What country? You have something to add? spit it out, shithead. In 1968 the UCMJ specified quite clearly the age of consent was 14, period. If you have something to dispute please share it.

depended on the country....

How long have you desired the 13 year olds?

LiberalNation
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Japan PM says Okinawa rape case "unforgivable"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080212/ts_nm/japan_okinawa_rape_dc;_ylt=AuJKA.66X9.dJ1QpvZw4c2p 34T0D

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's prime minister Tuesday denounced the suspected rape of a 14-year-old girl by a U.S. Marine on the southern island of Okinawa, an episode with echoes of a 1995 case that jolted the U.S.-Japan alliance.

The Marine, 38-year-old Tyrone Hadnott, based at Camp Courtney on the island, was arrested Monday on suspicion of raping the schoolgirl when the two were in a car Sunday.

He has denied raping the girl but acknowledged forcing her to kiss him, an Okinawa police spokesman said.

"It is unforgivable," Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda told a parliamentary panel in his first public comments on the latest incident on Okinawa, host to a huge U.S. military presence.

"It has happened over and over again in the past and I take it as a grave case."

Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba expressed anger over repeated incidents despite frequent promises by U.S. officials to prevent them. "This will have a big impact on future U.S-Japan relations," he told a news conference.

In 1995, the rape of a 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirl by three U.S. servicemen sparked huge protests calling on the U.S. military to leave Okinawa, where residents have long resented crime, noise and accidents they blame on the U.S. presence.

LiberalNation
02-12-2008, 10:08 PM
And this is why it's big news and is sensationlized. It's not just some regular run of the mill rape case, this will have a bigger impact.

US diplomat summoned by Japanese over rape case: US

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/japanusmilitarycrimeus;_ylt=Ahlj7.A.bS4kSeza_1_hyl 8DW7oF

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US charge d'affaires in Tokyo was summoned Tuesday by the Japanese authorities to discuss the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl in Okinawa by a US Marine, a US official said.

Japanese leaders have voiced outrage over the alleged rape in the southern island and warned the case will heighten opposition to US troops inside the country.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said mid-level US embassy officials took the initiative to meet Monday with the Japanese to express "deep regret for this incident" and offer to cooperate fully in the case.

Early on Tuesday, the "charge was summoned in and he met with Japan's vice foreign minister," McCormack told reporters.

The US embassy's charge d'affaires is Joseph Donovan.

McCormack said the US ambassador to Tokyo, Thomas Schieffer, returned Tuesday to his post.

Speaking to reporters earlier, the US spokesman said "rape is a horrendous crime and we take these allegations very seriously. We are working very closely with Japanese officials on the matter."

He also said he senior

pegwinn
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Same Story 10 years later. Although, it would be nice if he is convicted to see the entry photos to naha or yokosuka.

manu1959
02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
What country? You have something to add? spit it out, shithead. In 1968 the UCMJ specified quite clearly the age of consent was 14, period. If you have something to dispute please share it.
How long have you desired the 13 year olds?

not since i was 13.......and some countries the age of consent in 1968 was not 14...

nevadamedic
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM

Im sure it's all President Bush's fault too eh? :rolleyes:

LiberalNation
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
and I said that where?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
If the guy is found guilty I will cheerfully go back on active duty to castrate him with a gen-u-wine USMC K-bar.

If your's isn't rusty and dull enough, I have one you can use......

diuretic
02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
You know its funny the media doesn't bring to light anyone else who is part of some group. I mean we dont hear "another business man went to Thialand to have sex with underage children". .................

Here ya go Nuke -

A Victorian policeman has pleaded guilty to proposing a young female P-plate driver give sexual favours for being let off a traffic fine.

Senior Constable David Mits, 42, had asked the woman what she could offer him after he pulled her over last year, the Melbourne Magistrates Court heard today.

Mits took the woman's mobile phone number and arranged to meet her twice so they could discuss the matter further, the court heard.

The woman recorded the second meeting at which he said sexual favours would be a "bonus" and then reported him to police.

Mits today pleaded guilty to corruptly seeking certain favours from a member of the public as an inducement to act in violation of his official duty as a police officer.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/cop-offered-fine-relief-for-sexual-favours/2008/02/11/1202578675233.html

Kathianne
02-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Here ya go Nuke -

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/cop-offered-fine-relief-for-sexual-favours/2008/02/11/1202578675233.html

count the commas, and don't mix them up with needed semi colons,MM is counting.

Nukeman
02-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Here ya go Nuke -

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/cop-offered-fine-relief-for-sexual-favours/2008/02/11/1202578675233.htmlI know you understand where I was going with my argument!:slap:

Anyway its pure sensationalism. The crime is horendous and if guilty he should be dealt with severly, I just dont agree with listing them as soldiers first than the piece of shit that they are. It is just an attempt of our media to always portray the military in a negative light.

This happens everyday in our media here in the US they just don't want to put forth a story of "good" in the military..... IMHO

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:08 AM

5. etc....etc....etc...

I think you see where I am going with this. This guy was a piece of shit first and a military person second. :poke: Dead on post.

diuretic
02-13-2008, 07:19 AM
I know you understand where I was going with my argument!:slap:

Anyway its pure sensationalism. The crime is horendous and if guilty he should be dealt with severly, I just dont agree with listing them as soldiers first than the piece of shit that they are. It is just an attempt of our media to always portray the military in a negative light.

This happens everyday in our media here in the US they just don't want to put forth a story of "good" in the military..... IMHO

Yes it's sensationalism. But these days are days of instant worldwide communication so you have to expect this. Personally I get ticked off with reports that piss all over the presumption of innocence and I don't much care who they're about, it's not fair.

Fact is though that these days people are horrified when a military member (or even worse, a cop) is accused of such a serious crime. I'm not minimising it but can you imagine if a thousand years ago the internet were available, if folks would get in such high dudgeon about the behaviour of an individual soldier in any country?

"XV Legion involved in major massacre in Gaul! Village burned down! Women raped! Film at XI hours!"

I can just see it now on FoXNova, beaming out of their spiffy new offices in the Forum Romanum.

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Bet that marines in trouble, he didn't commit a crime but getting drunk and sleeping in someone elses house is just going to fan the flames. Not to mention the drunk driving by the other marine a day before. I think the japanese have a case for wanting us out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/japan_okinawa_dc;_ylt=AnTDB4YC6lyowMGCCyABbQ8DW7oF

Rice to face Japan protest on military discipline

Lawmakers on Okinawa have long called for a reduction of the U.S. military presence and the southern island's vice-governor vented their frustration in a visit to Tokyo's foreign ministry.

"Thinking about the vicious incidents that continue to take place, we can't help but question the steps the U.S. military is taking to tighten discipline and to educate their personnel," Okinawa's vice governor, Katsuko Asato, said.

A 22-year-old Marine was arrested in Okinawa on Sunday for drink driving, and a 21-year-old on Monday for entering a local resident's home, police said. Media reports said he was found asleep on the sofa and could not remember how he got there.

"It is quite simply infuriating that they are drinking in the middle of the night, or early in the morning, and committing crimes while people are crying out for stricter discipline," Machimura, the top government spokesman, told reporters. "I can only call it slack."

gabosaurus
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
A -- Innocent until proven guilty. No matter how heinous the crime.

B -- Military personnel are held to a higher standard. They are supposed to be protectors, not violators. Same way with law enforcement officers.

emmett
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Name______________________________________________ ____

Branch of service you would like to join______________________

Have you ever raped a young girl? Are you willing to learn in our extensive training program?

Have you ever killed innocent civilians? Can you learn that?

Get fucking real! Of course our Marine Corp. concentrates on training our troops to rape young girls in Japan. LN, you are a pessimist. Pure and simple. Why don't you spend your time reporting on black men raping and murdering at a rate 14 times that of the rest of us you little fuck. I have never called a member of this board a name before but that is exactly what you are. A little fuck. Fuckelberry would be a good nickname for you. Not even Psycho has ever angered me the way you did with this intense preclusion of data you have somehow located in psyberspace. 1 marine, 1 isolated circumstance and you are ready to condemn the United States Marine Corp as rapists.

Piss off

Jim, how long does a first banning last and when can I get back on? PM me, thanks.

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 03:44 PM
lol, you wont get banned. This is a big news story whether you want to hear it or not. Never called every marines a rapist. I said all the rapes that make headlines were gona hurt the marines reputation and get them kicked out of Japan. 2 in Japan in what 10 to 20 years is a pretty good record. Still if Japanese soldiers were over here raping American kids you can bet their would be outrage and mass callings for them to leave.

emmett
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
lol, you wont get banned. This is a big news story whether you want to hear it or not. Never called every marines a rapist. I said all the rapes that make headlines were gona hurt the marines reputation and get them kicked out of Japan. 2 in Japan in what 10 to 20 years is a pretty good record. Still if Japanese soldiers were over here raping American kids you can bet their would be outrage and mass callings for them to leave.

I called you a little fuck while acting inappropriately and without thinking things out, sometimes people like me who are passionate about the sacrifices our troops make in an average day, their honor and service, I get acrried away and shoot my mouth off. I'm really trying to do better at controlling the impulsive way I react to hearing derogatory statements about them. I had no business calling you a "little fuck". Sometimes I can act the cantankerous ass. Jumping the gun like that was not thought out, it was inaccurate. You, ARE A BIG FUCK. (Say that with an Italian accent)

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh goody, I've advanced.

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh goody, I've advanced.

I think he was kidding. I know him, he's really nice.

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Hundreds rally in Okinawa over U.S. rape suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/japan_okinawa_dc;_ylt=AoSw43rtjXzq_Ti2H7NfZZgDW7oF

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
US troops in Japan put under curfew after incidents

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080220/wl_asia_afp/japanusmilitarycrime_080220014408

TOKYO (AFP) - The US military said on Wednesday it slapped an indefinite curfew on troops in the southern island of Okinawa after a series of incidents including an alleged rape that has led to new tension.

The curfew took effect at 7:30 am (2230 GMT Tuesday) under the orders of Okinawa Area Coordinator and senior US military commander on Okinawa, Lieutenant General Richard Zilmer, a military spokesman said.

Zilmer has ordered that "all military members on Okinawa be limited aboard US military facilities or their off-base residence indefinitely starting at 7:30 am February 20," according to an a military statement late Tuesday.

"Active duty service members on Okinawa will be limited to their place of duty or employment, worship, education, or medical or dental treatment" as they enter a "period of reflection," it said. (harsh)

It will "allow commanders and all service members an opportunity to further review procedures and orders that govern the discipline and conduct of all US service members serving in Okinawa," the statement said.

"The US military and its commanders take very seriously all incidents and allegations involving misconduct by service members," it said.

There is no restriction to regularly scheduled activities at bases.

The US military has separately announced it will hold a "day of reflection" for all forces across Japan on Friday.

typomaniac
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes it's sensationalism. But these days are days of instant worldwide communication so you have to expect this. Personally I get ticked off with reports that piss all over the presumption of innocence and I don't much care who they're about, it's not fair.

Fact is though that these days people are horrified when a military member (or even worse, a cop) is accused of such a serious crime. I'm not minimising it but can you imagine if a thousand years ago the internet were available, if folks would get in such high dudgeon about the behaviour of an individual soldier in any country?

"XV Legion involved in major massacre in Gaul! Village burned down! Women raped! Film at XI hours!"

I can just see it now on FoXNova, beaming out of their spiffy new offices in the Forum Romanum.
Even they had the good taste to keep the entertainment in the colosseum with the lionesses killing heretics.

Today we use Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham.

LiberalNation
02-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Forcing her down and kissing her ought to get him somthing tho. Like out of Japan.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/29/okinawa.marine.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Public broadcaster NHK said Hadnott was released after the girl's family dropped her criminal complaint against him.

Police said that Hadnott admitted to investigators that he forced the girl down and kissed her, but that he denied raping her.

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 10:56 AM

5. etc....etc....etc...

I doubt very many marines would agree with compairing their "group" as you put it to an entire race of people. Not to mention it's a stupid comparison. Marines all live under one banner, one code of conduct. There is no code of conduct for the race you're born into.
When military personnel misbehave you bet your ass it has to be sensationalized. Not only do military personnel promote and represent the country they serve and its ideals, they are also members of the law enforcement community and should act accordingly. Not to mention they are a part of a team and when one acts up it damages the reputation of the team, not just the bad apple.

actsnoblemartin
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
how about a pro military story?

Yurt
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
i read today that the charges have been dropped.

if true, what say you LN?

retiredman
02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
if Dick Mackey were still CINCPAC, he'd have suggested that the jarhead would have been better off just heading into town and getting himself a hooker!

LiberalNation
02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
if true, what say you LN?

Good news, it means she most likely wasn't raped. I posted about the charges being dropped a few posts up. Still a little concerned that he admitted to forcing her down and kissing her. It's not rape but you just don't do that to a 14 yo kid.

Yurt
02-29-2008, 10:32 PM
if Dick Mackey were still CINCPAC, he'd have suggested that the jarhead would have been better off just heading into town and getting himself a hooker!

have you no class........... how do you know that is not what happened? again, you fail to read posts, i said japan dropped the charges.

Yurt
02-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Good news, it means she most likely wasn't raped. I posted about the charges being dropped a few posts up. Still a little concerned that he admitted to forcing her down and kissing her. It's not rape but you just don't do that to a 14 yo kid.

wa, we know for sure she was 14?

LiberalNation
02-29-2008, 10:34 PM
That's what all the new reports have stated from the begining. Got any proof she isn't.

retiredman
02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
have you no class........... how do you know that is not what happened? again, you fail to read posts, i said japan dropped the charges.

I understand that...have you no sense of historical irony? Do you even know your history of Marines and Okinawa sexual cases? Do you even know who Dick Mackey IS (without googling first, of course)?

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I understand that...have you no sense of historical irony? Do you even know your history of Marines and Okinawa sexual cases? Do you even know who Dick Mackey IS (without googling first, of course)?

Marines and Okinawa sexual cases? You make it sound as if it is a daily occurrence. Yes, a few have screwed up, but for the number of Marines that have been stationed there the percentage is minuscule. Far worse things have and do happen here in the States, but because these are US Marines, they are in the public eye and they make the news. These are the few fuck ups that don't belong in the Corps. It's not all of us as you make it sound.

retiredman
03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Marines and Okinawa sexual cases? You make it sound as if it is a daily occurrence. Yes, a few have screwed up, but for the number of Marines that have been stationed there the percentage is minuscule. Far worse things have and do happen here in the States, but because these are US Marines, they are in the public eye and they make the news. These are the few fuck ups that don't belong in the Corps. It's not all of us as you make it sound.

If what I said sounded to you as if I was inferring that it was a daily occurrence, you need to speak to a psychiatrist about the fucking voices in your head. I referenced a single case... the 1995 rape of a 12 year old by three marines.....

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
If what I said sounded to you as if I was inferring that it was a daily occurrence, you need to speak to a psychiatrist about the fucking voices in your head. I referenced a single case... the 1995 rape of a 12 year old by three marines.....

Those voices told me you were an idiot. :laugh2:

retiredman
03-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Those voices told me you were an idiot. :laugh2:

ad hominen is really the last resort for someone who has been beaten.

Do you even KNOW who Dick Mackey was? Jarhead?:lol:

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
ad hominen is really the last resort for someone who has been beaten.

Do you even KNOW who Dick Mackey was? Jarhead?:lol:

You tried that once before and I responded, but you didn't reply. Should I accept your sword on that thread? Since you hit me with the personal attack should I take that as a sign of weakness and inability to debate?

The only Dick Mackey I know of won the Iditarod.

retiredman
03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
You tried that once before and I responded, but you didn't reply. Should I accept your sword on that thread? Since you hit me with the personal attack should I take that as a sign of weakness and inability to debate?

The only Dick Mackey I know of won the Iditarod.

ADM Dick Mackey was CINCPAC in 1995. When he was asked, at a press conference, about the three marines raping the 12 year old Okinawa girl, his reponse was "I don't understand why they felt compelled to do that. They could have taken a bus into town and gotten a hooker".

Again, if you "heard" me implying that jarheads rape little okinawa girls regularly, you were mistaken.

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:48 PM
ADM Dick Mackey was CINCPAC in 1995. When he was asked, at a press conference, about the three marines raping the 12 year old Okinawa girl, his reponse was "I don't understand why they felt compelled to do that. They could have taken a bus into town and gotten a hooker".

Again, if you "heard" me implying that jarheads rape little okinawa girls regularly, you were mistaken.

When you say...

Do you even know your history of Marines and Okinawa sexual cases?

You make it sound like it happened more than once.

retiredman
03-01-2008, 12:49 PM
When you say...

You make it sound like it happened more than once.

are you suggesting that it has only happened once?

Haley's Comet comes along more than once.... it does not come as a daily occurence.

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
are you suggesting that it has only happened once?

Haley's Comet comes along more than once.... it does not come as a daily occurence.

Let me rephrase that so even you can understand. When you say "the history of Marines and Okinawa sexual cases" you make it sound like it should be a college course. As if it happens on a regular basis. Learn to choose your words more carefully and we won't have to go round and round like this.

That's all I have to say about that.

pegwinn
03-01-2008, 08:30 PM

Yeah. I remember that. Was stationed in Hawaii at the time. Big laugh. Well, the media didn't laugh. But, then again, they don't count.

Agreed. His life will be far more difficult now. Jarheads don't like folks who molest kids. I predict beaucoup shit details in his future.

I do, I do. One of my Marines was nominated (by me) to be the Admirals driver. He was selected of course. The job of course is more than mere chauffer. He was also a bodyguard. From time to time he would show up to tell all us mere mortals how the brass at the HQ lived. Good Kid.

retiredman
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah. I remember that. Was stationed in Hawaii at the time. Big laugh. Well, the media didn't laugh. But, then again, they don't count.

Agreed. His life will be far more difficult now. Jarheads don't like folks who molest kids. I predict beaucoup shit details in his future.

I do, I do. One of my Marines was nominated (by me) to be the Admirals driver. He was selected of course. The job of course is more than mere chauffer. He was also a bodyguard. From time to time he would show up to tell all us mere mortals how the brass at the HQ lived. Good Kid.

Dick Mackey was my CO back when he was just an Captain on the Eisenhower (CVN-69) He was a total obnoxious prick then and I am surprised it took the Navy as long as it did to boot his gnarly ass. As I can recall, after he was asked to retire, they found out that he had been porking his female enlisted yeoman and had used military aircraft to fly her to San Diego and other places for hot rendezvous (his wife was a total hog, so I guess there was a degree of motivation)....I think he may have lost a star in retirement and made to pay back the cost of those flights..... he was THE worst, most arrogant skipper I EVER had.

pegwinn
03-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Dick Mackey was my CO back when he was just an Captain on the Eisenhower (CVN-69) He was a total obnoxious prick then and I am surprised it took the Navy as long as it did to boot his gnarly ass. As I can recall, after he was asked to retire, they found out that he had been porking his female enlisted yeoman and had used military aircraft to fly her to San Diego and other places for hot rendezvous (his wife was a total hog, so I guess there was a degree of motivation)....I think he may have lost a star in retirement and made to pay back the cost of those flights..... he was THE worst, most arrogant skipper I EVER had.

Only lost a star? That breaks my heart when Marines get court martialed for adultery. Oh well, he wasn't impeached. And.... he didn't lead the impeachment while banging a wench on the side.

rppearso
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
that right there is the main thing. no matter what you make a guy wear, what training he has, how disciplined he is, or where he comes from....it comes right down to the person. the military is his job. not like they trained him to rape young girls.

If the military is just a job then you need to maintain that sentiment in all contexts, if the military is just a job then it should be no big deal to quit. He signed the dotted line remember so thats suppost to magicly make him honor it, you cant slam poeple with an argument in one breath and then minimize it in another it makes you look stupid.

pegwinn
03-02-2008, 11:19 PM
If the military is just a job then you need to maintain that sentiment in all contexts, if the military is just a job then it should be no big deal to quit. He signed the dotted line remember so thats suppost to magicly make him honor it, you cant slam poeple with an argument in one breath and then minimize it in another it makes you look stupid.

I don't believe the poster was minimizing the job per se. HE was reminding folks that in spite of training, some people will still be predisposed to do certain things. The other thing to remember is that even in the service you are innocent until proven guilty of a crime. That isn't to say that he didn't fuck up. Physical contact with a 14 y/o in a sexual manner may still get him charges for conduct unbecoming.

LiberalNation
03-03-2008, 05:33 PM
He isn't out of the woods yet tho.

US military probes Marine rape suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/ap_on_re_as/japan_us_military_2;_ylt=Alskq6SSBtkd9bC53JnASRZsb EwB

typomaniac
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
He isn't out of the woods yet tho.

US military probes Marine rape suspect

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/ap_on_re_as/japan_us_military_2;_ylt=Alskq6SSBtkd9bC53JnASRZsb EwB

Glad to hear it. That should send a message to our troops.

Commit a rape, get probed. :rolleyes:

LiberalNation
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
U.S. Marine charged with rape

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/04/24/japan.usmarine.ap/index.html

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- The U.S. military in Japan says it has charged a Marine with raping a 14-year-old girl in Okinawa.

The military said Friday it charged Staff Sgt. Tyrone L. Hadnott earlier in the week in the alleged February 10 attack.

No date has been set for the court-martial.

Japanese police initially apprehended Hadnott in the attack but released him after the girl dropped charges. U.S. authorities then investigated the case under the strict military justice code.