PDA

View Full Version : The Blog

Mr. P
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Is anyone reading it here?

Jim, is anyone reading it from outside the site?

jimnyc
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
I just setup the stats to monitor specifically where any traffic is coming from, so I can't tell you just yet how many board members have been reading. We'll see if anyone else replies here.

There has been traffic overall though, and daily. I've also slowly been adding it to blog directories and search engines. If you do it too fast you can get penalized and it will lower your rankings in the engines, so a little each day for now. If we all keep at it by writing, and I keep up on the SEO, it'll start to get more and more traffic.

As for anyone else reading, what are your thoughts on allowing comments to the entries? I see some people have registered since the blog opened, and a few strangers have attempted to comment, but for now I have the ability to comment turned off. I'd be curious to hear feedback from both the authors and readers about comments.

Kathianne
02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I just setup the stats to monitor specifically where any traffic is coming from, so I can't tell you just yet how many board members have been reading. We'll see if anyone else replies here.

There has been traffic overall though, and daily. I've also slowly been adding it to blog directories and search engines. If you do it too fast you can get penalized and it will lower your rankings in the engines, so a little each day for now. If we all keep at it by writing, and I keep up on the SEO, it'll start to get more and more traffic.

As for anyone else reading, what are your thoughts on allowing comments to the entries? I see some people have registered since the blog opened, and a few strangers have attempted to comment, but for now I have the ability to comment turned off. I'd be curious to hear feedback from both the authors and readers about comments.
I like the idea of comments, it's more interactive and gives some feedback. I think it may also help with further posts, and perhaps some on the board too?