Not been a good day.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/damn.jpg

Shit.

Monkeybone
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
what happened Glock? get hit or slide?

hjmick
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Oops! That sucks. At least tell us that the wife or teenage child was driving...

Monkeybone
02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
almost looks like a pole mark.

Mr. P
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Ouch!

Looks like a couple thousand. I assume no one was hurt.

hjmick
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
almost looks like a pole mark.

Glock, did you hit a Pole? You do realize that, if this is the case, you can most likely expect to hear from someone with the Polish consulate.

Monkeybone
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
there's only two things that i hate...intolerant people that decide to hit others with their cars....and the Polish

glockmail
02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Brushed against the brick on the corner of the garage. Zero force. Totally my stupidity. :slap:

The pic makes it look like a dent but its just the finish on the flexible bumper cover. Maybe I can fill it in with some putty and some touch up paint.

Monkeybone
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
yah..on the beige is like a gouge..not a scratch.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Yup. Not a simple "buff out".

Shit.

Mr. P
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Brushed against the brick on the corner of the garage. Zero force. Totally my stupidity. :slap:

The pic makes it look like a dent but its just the finish on the flexible bumper cover. Maybe I can fill it in with some putty and some touch up paint.

It does look like a dent..Ok..I had something similar, touched it up and a body shop (everyone with a teenage daughter should have a close relationship with a good body shop) was able to buff it. Couldn't even see it and because of my loyal REPEAT business they didn't even charge me! :laugh2:

manu1959
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
two martoony lunch.......:poke:

glockmail
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
My wife just drove it down and back to Florida and I can't blame her.

Bodywork paint never matches. I'm sure they'd want to do the whole bumper.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
two martoony lunch.......:poke: Sober as a Baptist Judge. Pure stupidity. Coming back from the car wash of all places. And it stared raining while I was in the car wash. It came back dirtier that when I left.

Mr. P
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
My wife just drove it down and back to Florida and I can't blame her.

Bodywork paint never matches. I'm sure they'd want to do the whole bumper.

True they would. I had the match, filled in the gouges and buffed. It didn't look so good. I don't know what they did except buff but it only took 10 minutes.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I think I'll take it to my buddy Peter. He's a majician with paint.

Pale Rider
02-12-2008, 05:11 PM

You might be able to spot paint the bumper, but the clear coat is gone on that top scratch. The whole fender will need to be painted. Once that clear coat is damaged, there's no spot painting that. $500 damage easy, probably more.

What a bummer pard... how did you manage that?

glockmail
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
You might be able to spot paint the bumper, but the clear coat is gone on that top scratch. The whole fender will need to be painted. Once that clear coat is damaged, there's no spot painting that. $500 damage easy, probably more.

What a bummer pard... how did you manage that?

The top (red) is part of the bumper cover. Its all that flexible plastic. It may be more than $500 just because of the two colors.

Its a side entry garage, not a lot of width to make the turn, so you end up making part of it as you are entering. The door is only 9 feet wide and its a big, wide SUV. The first few times when I just got the car I had to back up and realign to make it, but after I got the drill down I'd get it right in. I've done it probably twice/ day for three months. This time I just wasn't paying enough attention.