PDA

View Full Version : Was do you support torture

glockmail
02-12-2008, 07:06 AM
no...my democrats are hunting or pursuing islamic extremism in accordance with definition 1. your parenthetical implications are merely your opinion. My statement, which you quote, used the word in the sense of definition 1. And if you have any doubts, ask the author.

And my undergraduate degree is from a well respected mid-atlantic service academy.

Here is your quote again: “I believe that both of the democratic candidates would aggessively pursue islamic extremism... which is what ought to be done.”

You fucked up as definition 1 implies a person. It looks like Ball State University is not what it’s cracked up to be.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Here is your quote again: “I believe that both of the democratic candidates would aggessively pursue islamic extremism... which is what ought to be done.”

You fucked up as definition 1 implies a person. It looks like Ball State University is not what it’s cracked up to be.

I didn't go to Ball State. and your implication is yours, not the dictionary's.

Again...if you are having a question as to what sense a word was used in any written work, it is always best to consult the author. It is not appropriate to tell the author he did not know what sense of the word he was using. But don't let me stop you.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I didn't go to Ball State. and your implication is yours, not the dictionary's.

Again...if you are having a question as to what sense a word was used in any written work, it is always best to consult the author. It is not appropriate to tell the author he did not know what sense of the word he was using. But don't let me stop you.

I just figured your fascination with balls may have come from Ball State. Appearently it comes from somewhere else.

Any "author" that requires the reader to ask for clarification obviously does not know how to write. Admit.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Any "author" that requires the reader to ask for clarification obviously does not know how to write. Admit.

that would more depend on the intelliegence of the reader. Someone who stumbles over My Weekly Reader like you do, for example, would not make it through a page of Faulkner without being hopelessly lost.

And in this case, I explained to you what was meant...but you really have no desire to understand and communicate...only to insult and trash talk. I am not surprised.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 08:37 AM
that would more depend on the intelliegence of the reader. Someone who stumbles over My Weekly Reader like you do, for example, would not make it through a page of Faulkner without being hopelessly lost.

And in this case, I explained to you what was meant...but you really have no desire to understand and communicate...only to insult and trash talk. I am not surprised.

I read that long-winded Southerner in American Lit. in my sophomore year. As I said before, I Aced that course on my way to a BS degree, Cum Laude.

I realize that you don't like to admit that you fucked up. I expected that, as that requires intellectual courage.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I read that long-winded Southerner in American Lit. in my sophomore year. As I said before, I Aced that course on my way to a BS degree, Cum Laude.

I realize that you don't like to admit that you fucked up. I expected that, as that requires intellectual courage.

I didn't fuck up...you simply misconstrued my use of the word pursue. but rather than merely say, "oh...I thought for a moment you meant it in a different way" and then move on, you want to clog up the thread with grammar gotcha....

moving beyond such childish games requires intellectual maturity. something you have never displayed.

red states rule
02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I didn't fuck up...you simply misconstrued my use of the word pursue. but rather than merely say, "oh...I thought for a moment you meant it in a different way" and then move on, you want to clog up the thread with grammar gotcha....

moving beyond such childish games requires intellectual maturity. something you have never displayed.

Yea, like we "misconstrued" Sen Durbin comparing out troops to Nazi's and Pol Pot

glockmail
02-12-2008, 08:48 AM

moving beyond such childish games requires intellectual maturity. something you have never displayed. Oh you fucked up all right. More times than I care to count. This is just the latest.

No, you're bringing up Faulkner was the latest. You really thought I wouldn't have read that wind bag? Who could forget a writer so stingy with punctuation?

retiredman
02-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh you fucked up all right. More times than I care to count. This is just the latest.

No, you're bringing up Faulkner was the latest. You really thought I wouldn't have read that wind bag? Who could forget a writer so stingy with punctuation?

the fact that you know a well known attribute of Faulkner's writing style is certainly no proof that you ever read him, and certainly no proof that you understood him.

and if your degree is a BS, then clearly, english lit was not the focus of your studies. what was?

glockmail
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
the fact that you know a well known attribute of Faulkner's writing style is certainly no proof that you ever read him, and certainly no proof that you understood him.

and if your degree is a BS, then clearly, english lit was not the focus of your studies. what was?
I understood enough to get an A. And the prof was an ultra-lib.

I have told you what my degree was over a year ago at USMB. That's what set you off and caused you to insult my family, then follow me over to here. I'll add dementia to your list of traits.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I understood enough to get an A. And the prof was an ultra-lib.

I have told you what my degree was over a year ago at USMB. That's what set you off and caused you to insult my family, then follow me over to here. I'll add dementia to your list of traits.

everyone claims to be an A student in cyber space.

and you give yourself way too much credit. meaningless bits of information about unimportant people on the internet are nothing I chose to retain.

I don't remember the color of the socks worn by the guy bagging my groceries last year either!

glockmail
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
everyone claims to be an A student in cyber space.

and you give yourself way too much credit. meaningless bits of information about unimportant people on the internet are nothing I chose to retain.

I don't remember the color of the socks worn by the guy bagging my groceries last year either!

You have claimed that I am a redneck, inbred and ignorant and I constantly prove you wrong, so why would I lie about making an A?

If my degree is meaningless to you, then why ask? I remembered that I told you and how you flipped out about it, so why wouldn't you?

retiredman
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
You have claimed that I am a redneck, inbred and ignorant and I constantly prove you wrong, so why would I lie about making an A?

If my degree is meaningless to you, then why ask? I remembered that I told you and how you flipped out about it, so why wouldn't you?

I don't see how you have ever proven me wrong about your being a redneck or ignorant or inbred, for that matter.

and why would YOU remember and not me? Because stupid little internet squabbles are really important to you, while being relatively meaningless to me. I can't imagine any area of study that you would claim to have gotten a degree that would cause me to ""flip out"... and I am certain that such a characterization is merely another example of your totally gay penchant for righteously indignant melodrama. But let me guess: agronomy? library science? hair design? what? :laugh2:

glockmail
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't see how you have ever proven me wrong about your being a redneck or ignorant or inbred, for that matter.

and why would YOU remember and not me? Because stupid little internet squabbles are really important to you, while being relatively meaningless to me. I can't imagine any area of study that you would claim to have gotten a degree that would cause me to ""flip out"... and I am certain that such a characterization is merely another example of your totally gay penchant for righteously indignant melodrama. But let me guess: agronomy? library science? hair design? what? :laugh2:

More bullshit and lies from maineman.

You're the one who has repeatedly accussed me of those things, so the proof is up to you. As usual you have failed.

Unimportant to you? Sure. That's why you insulted my family then followed me over to this board, then whined to Jimmy to let you back in after OCA got you kicked out. And you ask again. :pee:

retiredman
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
More bullshit and lies from maineman.

You're the one who has repeatedly accussed me of those things, so the proof is up to you. As usual you have failed.

Unimportant to you? Sure. That's why you insulted my family then followed me over to this board, then whined to Jimmy to let you back in after OCA got you kicked out. And you ask again. :pee:

wow... the righteously indignant gay melodrama is really getting deep.

I find it really incredible that a guy like you who can dish out the insults gets SOOOOO offended when someone else returns serve.

I really don't care what your supposed degree is in. It is a BS, so clearly, english literature was not a primary area of study. Much like there are courses informally known as "Physics for Poets", there are also similar classes for "Fictional Books for Mechanics" which is undoubtedly the sort of literature survey course you took....and I am sure that Classics Illustrated carried most of the titles you were assigned in any case so real reading was always optional.

And... I came over to this board because another member asked me to return to provide a liberal voice. My return had ZERO to do with you. How did you weasel your way back to USMB, by the way?
:laugh2:

glockmail
02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
wow... the righteously indignant gay melodrama is really getting deep.

I find it really incredible that a guy like you who can dish out the insults gets SOOOOO offended when someone else returns serve.

I really don't care what your supposed degree is in. It is a BS, so clearly, english literature was not a primary area of study. Much like there are courses informally known as "Physics for Poets", there are also similar classes for "Fictional Books for Mechanics" which is undoubtedly the sort of literature survey course you took....and I am sure that Classics Illustrated carried most of the titles you were assigned in any case so real reading was always optional.

And... I came over to this board because another member asked me to return to provide a liberal voice. My return had ZERO to do with you. How did you weasel your way back to USMB, by the way?
:laugh2:

Yet more lies. You got your ass banned here as Maineman, and followed me over when Kate banned me at USMB, using your new name. You PM'd me as soon as you registered with a further insult to my familiy. I notified OCA and he got Jim to ban you again.

So again, why do you libs use gay as an insult? I'm obviously not gay, and even so, by your definition, its normal and natural and all that.

retiredman
02-12-2008, 02:46 PM
why do you libs use gay as an insult? I'm obviously not gay, and even so, by your definition, its normal and natural and all that.

like I said, it is not an insult.... I honestly have never seen a straight guy who simpers and pouts with such melodramatic indignation! really!

glockmail
02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
like I said, it is not an insult.... I honestly have never seen a straight guy who simpers and pouts with such melodramatic indignation! really! What do your gay buddies think about you calling a straight man gay? They assume that you are complimenting me?

retiredman
02-12-2008, 05:02 PM
What do your gay buddies think about you calling a straight man gay? They assume that you are complimenting me?

that would assume that you are actually straight... which you may be...my only point was: not knowing you in "real" life, all I can go by is the persona you project here....and, as I have said, you simper around with this fragile ego and this need for people to be extra nice to you or you'll throw a hissy fit and demand apologies for these TERRIBLE attacks against your precious reputation... it is behavior reminiscent of very gay femme queens that I have known. It is understandable how I might come to that conclusion about you.

and I really don't run a lot of issues by my gay friends. I normally just have a few beers with them when my sons and I go to the local brew pub for trivia night.

glockmail
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
that would assume that you are actually straight... which you may be...my only point was: not knowing you in "real" life, all I can go by is the persona you project here....and, as I have said, you simper around with this fragile ego and this need for people to be extra nice to you or you'll throw a hissy fit and demand apologies for these TERRIBLE attacks against your precious reputation... it is behavior reminiscent of very gay femme queens that I have known. It is understandable how I might come to that conclusion about you.

and I really don't run a lot of issues by my gay friends. I normally just have a few beers with them when my sons and I go to the local brew pub for trivia night. So you and your sons all go to these gay parties. Do tell us more.