PDA

View Full Version : Live Pictures And Updates From THe Berkley Rally!

nevadamedic
02-12-2008, 06:02 PM
* UPDATE: It turns out Mayor Tom Bates, who says that the City Council didn't mean to offend the Marines (oh please!!!) has joined Code Pink in their pickets in front of the Marine Recruiting Center in an attempt to harass them and force them out of town. The protestors called our Marines "war criminals":

(They even have a picture of this fruit wearing a pink beret)

http://www.moveamericaforward.org/index.php/DailyFile/

I've talked to several people who are there throughout the day and things are pretty bad. I thought Code Pink was promoting peace? If so they should learn what peace is since they are the hostile ones there.

Did anyone else get the Code Pink are the real traitors gear yet?

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Mayor's Office
2180 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-7100
Email: mayor@ci.berkeley.ca.us

im not sure, if you can contact him on tnis email too

info@tombates.org <info@tombates.org>

wanna tell off these anti american pigs er, city counsel of berk (hippie)ly

here are the eight basters

510-981-7110

510-981-7120

510-981-7130

510-981-7140

510-981-7150

510-981-7160

510-981-7170

510-981-7180

nevadamedic
02-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Mayor's Office
2180 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-7100
Email: mayor@ci.berkeley.ca.us

im not sure, if you can contact him on tnis email too

info@tombates.org <info@tombates.org>

wanna tell off these anti american pigs er, city counsel of berk (hippie)ly

here are the eight basters

510-981-7110

510-981-7120

510-981-7130

510-981-7140

510-981-7150

510-981-7160

510-981-7170

510-981-7180

We need to start calling our Senator's and Congressmen and ask them to support the Semper FI Act of 2008 to get funding cut to Berkley and the University there.

manu1959
02-12-2008, 09:00 PM
We need to start calling our Senator's and Congressmen and ask them to support the Semper FI Act of 2008 to get funding cut to Berkley and the University there.

the university has nothing to do with the moronic city council....hell the council tries to stop the university from teaching certain things....that town is nuts....

nevadamedic
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
the university has nothing to do with the moronic city council....hell the council tries to stop the university from teaching certain things....that town is nuts....

Yea but put threats of cutbacks on that University and then it will put pressure on the city council, awesome move. With out that University Berkley is in the toilet.

Yurt
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Yea but put threats of cutbacks on that University and then it will put pressure on the city council, awesome move. With out that University Berkley is in the toilet.

so you fully support the ban on Imus?

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
An email from Melanie Morgan reguarding the Berkley protest:

Suffice it to say - it was a day where TV news helicopters hovered in the skies, more than 2,000 people (according to media reports) protested in the streets, and the outrage grew so large that Alvita King (niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was on the phone with one of our supporters counseling her on how to best protest the egregious actions of the city of Berkeley.

The anti-military activists who had worked with the City of Berkley to first pass the anti-Marine resolution burned multiple U.S. flags that day. What was most offensive is that they were flags that they had stolen from Move America Forward's booths. Apparently there's a shortage of U.S. flags left to burn in Berkeley, CA.

In one instance their pyrotechnics got so carried away that they burned down a sign for "Peace Wall" while trying to burn a U.S. flag.

These people are disgusting. We don't say that lightly, for while we may disagree with those in the anti-war movement, we know that many of them are simply misguided or naive.
But no, these people who worked with the Berkeley City Council Peace & Justice Commission are disgusting, vile, people. In Berkeley, the virulent anti-military radicals are not just activists, they part of the local government.

At the end of the day, a majority of the City Council expressed apologies for their misguided actions. The problem is, of the contingent willing to admit they were wrong there was not agreement on who to apologize to - some said apologize to the troops, another said apologize to the citizens of Berkeley, and one even said to apologize to pro-troop organizations who found that Berkeley had given preferential Free Speech rights to Code Pink over other groups with "less popular" views.

As one of our Move America Forward supporters said:

They couldn't get a majority to agree on WHAT SPECIFICALLY they screwed up on, but they knew that they had made a disgrace out of Berkeley, and you know what -- in an odd way they managed to unite this country behind our troops at a time when the Code Pink crowd are trying to undermine support for the troops.

Again - tomorrow afternoon Pacific time (that's in the evening for you folks on the East Coast) we'll have a complete update to the Move America Forward website.

A giant THANK YOU to all of our supporters who came and joined us for part of the all-day, all-night affair, or who wrote emails to the City Council, or who made donations to help pay for the entire effort.

You've all made history: you got the Berkeley City Council to back down from attacks on our troops at a time of war - amazing work, everyone!

Yurt
02-15-2008, 12:42 AM
so you fully support the ban on Imus?

another wonderful example of NM running from difficult questions

http://moviepatron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/giamatti35.jpg

manu1959
02-15-2008, 12:53 AM
i hope they like their posistion......their funding is still getting cut.....the can kiss millions in federal funding goodbye.....

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
another wonderful example of NM running from difficult questions

http://moviepatron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/giamatti35.jpg

I don't know much about it, I don't listen to the radio.

i hope they like their posistion......their funding is still getting cut.....the can kiss millions in federal funding goodbye.....

I hope so and im sure Move America Forward plans on future activities there.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't know much about it, I don't listen to the radio.
I hope so and im sure Move America Forward plans on future activities there.

melanie is a bit of a nutter herself....she loves a good fight....

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:18 AM
melanie is a bit of a nutter herself....she loves a good fight....

How is she nutty? She hates the left with a passion. She is about the nicest person you will ever meet. What's so bad about not backing down from a fight when it's warranted. This lady along with many other people spend the majority of their time fight for the men and women who serve our country, a pretty selfless act if you ask me. I definatley would not want to be on her bad side, that is for sure. If we got her radio show up here that is one radio program I would listen to, but I don't think it's national.

Oh yea she is very beautiful if you ever see her in person.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 01:22 AM
How is she nutty? She hates the left with a passion. She is about the nicest person you will ever meet. What's so bad about not backing down from a fight when it's warranted. This lady along with many other people spend the majority of their time fight for the men and women who serve our country, a pretty selfless act if you ask me. I definatley would not want to be on her bad side, that is for sure. If we got her radio show up here that is one radio program I would listen to, but I don't think it's national.

people that hate with a passion i consider nutty......how nice she is or what she looks like is of no matter to me.....she is an extremist....i don't appreciate extremists......

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:28 AM
people that hate with a passion i consider nutty......how nice she is or what she looks like is of no matter to me.....she is an extremist....i don't appreciate extremists......

I wouldn't say she is an extremest at all.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 01:30 AM

that is beacuase you agree with what she says and does......i don't.....

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:33 AM
that is beacuase you agree with what she says and does......i don't.....

I do, but she is not an extremeist. There are Liberal's that are a part of Move America Forward and some of the other things she is a part of. What she dislikes is the Looney Leftists. There is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with disliking the extreme racist rights.

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Wait a minute, you don't agree with fighting for the troops? Getting people to buy gatorade and beef jerky and spending her Holiday Season in Iraq Delivering that stuff personally to them? How about doing a nationwide tour in a couple of motorhomes to gather holiday cards, letters and gifts for the troops and hand delivering those? Sounds like she is pretty selfish I guess.

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 10:57 AM
What does Cal have to do with the City of Berkeley? Most of us don't live there. Cal is one of the nation's most prestigious institutions of higher learning. Perhaps that is lost on people like NM who don't have much education.
And if you are going to protest against Berkeley, at least learn how to spell the name of the city.

Hagbard Celine
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
What's the issue here? What's Code Pink and why should I care? Those pictures just look like a bunch of rednecks and hippies standing around in the street arguing. Why would I look at those when I could just read one of this website's threads?

Gaffer
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
What does Cal have to do with the City of Berkeley? Most of us don't live there. Cal is one of the nation's most prestigious institutions of higher learning. Perhaps that is lost on people like NM who don't have much education.
And if you are going to protest against Berkeley, at least learn how to spell the name of the city.

Yeah it's spelled bezerkley gotta make sure we get it right. Make sure the b is in lower case as well.

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Right. :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
02-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Here is a small part of the breakdown of what happened in Berkeley............

The scene turned very ugly when another flag was burned by the anti-war protesters. The night-sky was illuminated by a pillar of flames. One minute I was standing around, the next I heard a LOUD pop and a crowd of people running towards something. I looked and saw what appeared to be a street sign ON FIRE raining down flames onto a bicycle chained to the street sign.

At first I thought it was a Molotov cocktail someone had thrown because I could see chunks of flaming debris laying around the street and literally oozing from the top of the street sign and onto the bikes below.

What happened was, the anti-war people set another flag on fire, but it was a large flag and the flames got out of control so they threw it up on the street sign on the corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Way and a sign directing people to the “Peace Wall.” Pieces of the flag had fallen on the bikes below and caught them on fire. The loud pop I heard was from the bike’s tires and the “burning rubble” all around was pieces of flaming rubber from the tire.

There was a huge crowd around the bike, I was yelling at people to back up and let the police take care of the situation. I thought for sure that with a fire clearly burning that any second now police were going to rush in and surround the area, so we should back up. But nobody backed up, and no police came. I went up to one of the officers standing guard in the street.

The Police did nothing..................

Full Details of the entire day. What these Code Stink people did was disturbing..................
http://www.moveamericaforward.org/index.php/DailyFile/

red states rule
02-16-2008, 02:09 PM
and the libs in the government accept no responsibilty as to the attacks on our military personel

Don't Blame Us For Berkeley/Toledo Attacks Against Marines Say Businesses
By Warner Todd Huston | February 16, 2008 - 12:16 ET
You're all aware, I'm sure, of the several attacks against our fighting men and women perpetrated by city governments of late. The Berkeley City Council, who intended to try and kick Marine recruiting offices out of the city, and Toledo, where Mayor Finkbeiner refused to allow the Marines to exit a bus in his city when they arrived to start planned upon exercises, are all over the news. It is also well known that in Toledo, Ohio and Berkeley, California protesters for and against the Marines have been deployed to face each other and the news media have been there to chronicle it all. But, one paper has taken it upon itself to try and excuse the very people who put these ignorant politicians into office who caused these rows in the first place.

The Toledo Free Press published a recent article titled "Controversy over Marines rejection impacts city's development efforts", the main thrust of which is that people shouldn't blame the businesses of either Toledo or Berkeley for the actions of their politicians. But, after seeing all the whining about lost revenue by the business community in both cities and after seeing them plead with people not to blame them for what their politicians do, it left me wondering why shouldn't we hold voters accountable for what their politicians do?

The TFP detailed the fact that several projects from corporations and businesses outside the city that were considering investing in Toledo have begun to report that they are reconsidering their investments there because of the actions of Mayor Finkbeiner. For instance, Ward Brewer, CEO of a Florida based corporation that had intended to bring a multi-million dollar project to Toledo, is putting a hold on plans until the situation is resolved in the Marines' favor.

Brewer, during a phone conversation from his Florida office, said Finkbeiner's handling of the Feb. 8 incident was “inexcusable.” He said he would be speaking with “Marines,” which he declined to name, before issuing a final decision.

And Brewer isn't the only one.

Brewer is not alone in his sentiment, according to a Feb. 13 e-mail from Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce President Mark V'Soske. The chamber received more than 60 e-mails and 30 phone calls Feb. 11 that addressed Finkbeiner's actions. Several of the individuals who called or wrote indicated they would change plans and not visit Toledo, V'Soske wrote in the e-mail, which was sent to the chamber's board members. Others said they would relocate their meetings or conventions from Toledo or boycott the city's businesses.

The Toledo Free Press also reported the moaning of Ted Garrett, CEO of the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce who said his office has been flooded with cancellations for the businesses in Berkeley since the City Council's stupidity made national headlines.

Garrett said his staff has since been explaining to responders that the Berkeley chamber's viewpoint is not the same as the city's elected representatives.

“Unfortunately what's happening is our businesses are being targeted as result of the city council's actions,” Garrett said during a Feb. 12 phone conversation.

Garrett said several Berkeley restaurants and hotels received an “unprecedented” number of cancellations after the council's Jan. 29 actions. Most callers and writers, he said, are blaming “everyone other than the person who's responsible” for the incident.

“This couldn't have come at a worse time,” Garrett said. “The economy is in the throes of a recession and this now just adds insult to injury.”

OK, it is true that the businesses in these two cities are hurting as a result of the disgusting actions against our soldiers by the two city governments. But, to a patriotic American, it would seem to be logical and just deserts for the denizens of those two places. Losing revenue and business is exactly the sort of retaliation that Americans specialize in when they find a business or city that violates good taste and patriotism. The power of the purse is a persuasive force as these whiny businessmen are discovering.

And what does the TFP try to hand us? Pity for the very people who voted these idiots into office! The TFP gives us the finger wagging warnings of Steve Weathers, the CEO of the Regional Growth Partnership of Toledo, who says that, "... Elected officials are just that -- elected. They do turn over." It's all as if we shouldn't blame the people of Toledo for what their politicians do and Weathers also wants us not to blame his Toledo businesses for what the city government does. But, who the heck puts them there? Who the heck has the power to control what these governments do if not the businesses and people who put these ignoramus politicians into office in the first place?

Then the TFP switches tracks and tries to shift the blame even farther from the politicians who attacked our armed forces personnel. The TFP shows us who is really at fault for all this. Why it's all those evil conservatives’ fault! They quote John K. Hartman, a journalism professor at Central Michigan University, to that effect.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/02/16/dont-blame-us-berkeley-toledo-attacks-against-marines-say-busine

Gaffer
02-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Boycotting the the businesses in those cities will have more impact than any number of demonstrations. Without the businesses those mayors can kiss their positions goodbye. I hope these mayors and council members are all up for reelection this year.

82Marine89
02-16-2008, 04:17 PM

Hates with a passion but not an extremist? Suuuuuuure.

nevadamedic
02-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Boycotting the the businesses in those cities will have more impact than any number of demonstrations. Without the businesses those mayors can kiss their positions goodbye. I hope these mayors and council members are all up for reelection this year.

I'm surprised the Pro-Troop orginizations don't try to put a boycott together of businesses in these cities.