PDA

View Full Version : The writers strike

Mr. P
02-12-2008, 11:52 PM
First I have no idea what they people are striking for. Hell some of them make $500 k/yr.

Don't know about you but I think the Leno show has been better since NBC decided they were going to move on without these folks. Odd, I saw the same thing happen when PATCO went on strike in the 80s.

hjmick
02-13-2008, 12:23 AM
The way I understand the whole, the writers wanted to cut a deal on new media. They wanted to cash a check for stuff downloaded from the Internet. That was the major bone of contention.

Mr. P
02-13-2008, 12:40 AM
The way I understand the whole, the writers wanted to cut a deal on new media. They wanted to cash a check for stuff downloaded from the Internet. That was the major bone of contention.

Ya know I did hear that a few days ago and totally forgot about it.
It still doesn't make good sense to me though...kill all the TV stuff cause you want download royalties from the web? Tonight Leno said the strike is over so I guess it's all moot now.

hjmick
02-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Kind of a shame, I think Stewart and Colbert have been their funniest since returning during the strike.

02-13-2008, 12:58 AM
may i just say thank you writers for totally screwing over the American people to get another yacht.

dan
02-13-2008, 01:36 AM
First I have no idea what they people are striking for. Hell some of them make $500 k/yr.

Don't know about you but I think the Leno show has been better since NBC decided they were going to move on without these folks. Odd, I saw the same thing happen when PATCO went on strike in the 80s.

To be fair, some to make $500k/yr, but some are making around $30,000/yr, which is not enough to survive on in L.A. Of course, the strike wasn't over current pay, it was over new media royalties. Hopefully, they got what they were asking for, writers are the least respected people in Hollywood.