PDA

View Full Version : Bill would ban vehicle vulgarity

stephanie
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
:uhoh: :poke:

by ANDREW SCHOTZ andrews@herald-mail.com

ANNAPOLIS - Washington County Sheriff's deputy Matthew Bragunier figures that he sees, at least once a day, fake bull genitals flopping from the hitches of pickup trucks.

They're only a toy, but they're also unpleasant to look at, said Bragunier, worried what his 2-year-old girl might think someday.

"My daughter's going to see this," he said. "She's going to ask what this is. I don't want to be put in that spot. I don't think I ever want to be in that spot."

Del. LeRoy E. Myers Jr., R-Washington/Allegany, agreed.

This week, he filed a bill for Maryland to ban the toys and others like them.

The bill prohibits any "model, sign, sticker or other item" that shows uncovered human or animal genitals, as well as human buttocks or female breasts, from motor vehicles.

Myers sees his bill as a legislative public service.

"We're there to clean up the air ...," he said, referring to major bills proposed this session. "What about our minds and eyes of our young people?"

That's not how Pamela Campbell views the fake bull genitals that she sells.

"Most people get a good smile out of it," she said. "It's not harmful."

Campbell, whose business is in Bullhead City, Ariz., said she was raised on a farm; anatomy was a lesson learned early and openly. She wondered why parents can't talk to their children about the facts of life.

"Do we have to neuter all dogs that walk by us?" she asked. "Where does it stop?" :eek:

The rest..................http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=159259&format=html

5stringJeff
02-22-2007, 10:26 AM
The bill prohibits any "model, sign, sticker or other item" that shows uncovered human or animal genitals, as well as human buttocks or female breasts, from motor vehicles.

We already restrict access to photographs and depictions of nudity from youths. Why should such depictions on a car be treated any different?

Not to mention, I have always thought people with truck balls were the biggest losers on the planet. How sad do you have to be to need to buy yourself a set of balls?

shattered
02-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Can I keep my "Screw you and your inner child" sticker in my back window? (I don't put things ON my car)

darin
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
twood be easy to get around part of that law. Get a photo of a Fat Guy's breasts, then wait for your ticket, then sue. :)

Hagbard Celine
02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Are they going to ban nuts on dogs too? I think putting balls on your truck is about the most redneck, hillbilly thing you could do, but it shouldn't be illegal just because it offends the delicate sensibilities of some prude-nazi sherriff. This is like those uptight parents in Texas a few years ago who wanted to ban cheerleading uniforms because they were giving daddies in the stands boners. Gimme a break.

darin
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure where I stand on this issue - I think if this law is passed, Male Great Danes should be forced to wear underwear.

But - Great Danes are Born that way - they aren't calling attention or otherwise putting their junk where it doesn't belong.

Mr. P
02-22-2007, 10:45 AM
About 14 years ago South Carolina started giving tickets for having that Calvin peeing on a Ford (or whatever) sticker on the window.

KitchenKitten99
02-22-2007, 11:00 AM
About 14 years ago South Carolina started giving tickets for having that Calvin peeing on a Ford (or whatever) sticker on the window.

:pee: South Carolina :D

trobinett
02-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Yea, and it SHOULD be againts the law, peeing on a Ford, now peeing on a Chev, well thats a different matter.......:beer:

jackass
02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
<--- Lives in South Carolina

:pee: South Carolina :D

Hey Fuzzy!! Keep that stuff to yourself!!

KitchenKitten99
02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
<--- Lives in South Carolina
oh, I see... you want me to send a sympathy card?