PDA

View Full Version : Give some---Get some

Classact
02-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Check out the FTD advertisement http://www.msn.com/ If you open the page and look at the first scene of the ad a man gives a woman flowers and she pulls down the shade that has get some on the shade.

So does a Saint Valentine turn women into quid pro quo trades of affections? Sounds like an unholy alliance.

Dilloduck
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Check out the FTD advertisement http://www.msn.com/ If you open the page and look at the first scene of the ad a man gives a woman flowers and she pulls down the shade that has get some on the shade.

So does a Saint Valentine turn women into quid pro quo trades of affections? Sounds like an unholy alliance.

Hasn't that been the general idea for centuries ?

Classact
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Hasn't that been the general idea for centuries ?I thought after women's rights of the 70's women open their own doors and fix their own flats. Seems like if they wanted flowers they'd go buy them by themselves.

If you have to pay for "some" then you might as well do down town.

Dilloduck
02-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought after women's rights of the 70's women open their own doors and fix their own flats. Seems like if they wanted flowers they'd go buy them by themselves.

I'm afraid that the implication that a woman consenting to sex is conditional upon some kind of reward ( material or behavioral ) has existed for centuries.
Why else would women be taught sexual that consent is so sacred and vaulable? It is POWER and not to be handed out lightly nor free from the expectations that surround it.

dan
02-13-2008, 11:22 AM
I thought after women's rights of the 70's women open their own doors and fix their own flats. Seems like if they wanted flowers they'd go buy them by themselves.

What Dillo said, and also they're obviously marketing it toward men, men being the only ones who haven't gotten their S.O. a Valentine's gift by Feb. 13th, and you're living in denial if you think that there's any guy out there who buys his girl flowers just cuz. Like the vast majority of things that men aged 13+ do, we do it because we wanna get laid.

Dilloduck
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
What Dillo said, and also they're obviously marketing it toward men, men being the only ones who haven't gotten their S.O. a Valentine's gift by Feb. 13th, and you're living in denial if you think that there's any guy out there who buys his girl flowers just cuz. Like the vast majority of things that men aged 13+ do, we do it because we wanna get laid.

Kudos to all our lady board members who know the truth when they see it !