PDA

View Full Version : Not sure who to vote for.......

Trinity
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I found this on craigslist thought some of you might find it amusing..........

http://www.votechooser.com/

Oh and for the record here are my results :rolleyes:

Agreed On Disagreed On
1. Ron Paul
6/ 4
2. Hillary Clinton
5/ 5
2. Mike Huckabee
5/ 5
2. John McCain
5/ 5
3. Barack Obama
4/ 6

krisy
02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Here's mine

Agree Disagree

Huckabee 8/2
McCain 7/3
Ron Paul 6/4
Clinton 2/8
Obama 1/9

I knew I liked Huckabee :laugh2:

manu1959
02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
ron paul 6/4
obama 6/4

too funny......california is corrupting me.......:laugh2:

Immanuel
02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Agreed On Disagreed On
1. Ron Paul
7 3
2. Mike Huckabee
5 5
3. Hillary Clinton
4 6
3. John McCain
4 6
3. Barack Obama
4 6

Wow, it looks like I have a big choice between this year's three chosen presidential contestants.

Oh and Hillary lies! One of the questions asks what you think about government spending... increase or decrease. It said Hillary and I agree because we say decrease. Name one idea that Hillary has that will decrease government spending!

From the question:
From Clinton's website: "As president, Hillary will: Return to fiscal responsibility. After six and a half year of President Bush's fiscal irresponsibility, Hillary wants America to regain control of its destiny."

Funny, now that I look at it, both John McCain and Barack Obama say the same thing. Is there anyone out there that actually believe them on this question? Don't you think their standard answer has to be decrease because anyone that says increase will be written off immediately. Therefore I would suppose that my agree/disagree ratio would drop for the three of them to 3/7.

Immie

Hobbit
02-13-2008, 02:03 PM
They forgot one of the most important questions.

Suppression of free speech (speech which does not incite to violence or directly harm others) is acceptable when the goal is to:

Promote multiculturalism and respect the sensitivities of other cultures
Keep the government 'clean' and free of corruption
Trick question! Anybody who thinks suppression of free speech is ever acceptable should be forever barred from voting, much less holding public office.

nevadamedic
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Agreed On Disagreed On
1. Ron Paul
7 3
2. Mike Huckabee
5 5
3. Hillary Clinton
4 6
3. John McCain
4 6
3. Barack Obama
4 6

Wow, it looks like I have a big choice between this year's three chosen presidential contestants.

Oh and Hillary lies! One of the questions asks what you think about government spending... increase or decrease. It said Hillary and I agree because we say decrease. Name one idea that Hillary has that will decrease government spending!

From the question:

Funny, now that I look at it, both John McCain and Barack Obama say the same thing. Is there anyone out there that actually believe them on this question? Don't you think their standard answer has to be decrease because anyone that says increase will be written off immediately. Therefore I would suppose that my agree/disagree ratio would drop for the three of them to 3/7.

Immie

I believe Senator McCain. He in over 25 years in the House and Senate has never voted for a tax increase and as fought viciously against Pork Spending.

Immanuel
02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe Senator McCain. He in over 25 years in the House and Senate has never voted for a tax increase and as fought viciously against Pork Spending.

That ain't gonna get me to vote for him! :D Even if it were true. Somewhere in there is a "I never voted for a tax increase I didn't like" kind of statement. ;) Sort of like, John Kerry's "I voted for ... before I voted against" statement?

I also looked, both Paul and Huckabee stated they believed government spending should decrease.

Immie

Hobbit
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I believe McCain's 'straight talk,' as well, especially the part where he said it was worth sacrificing free speech rights to make sure the election process was 'clean.' If that's the only thing the Republicans are willing to offer me, I'm voting Constitution party.

PostmodernProphet
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
1. John McCain [details]
8 2
2. Mike Huckabee [details]
7 3
3. Ron Paul [details]
5 5
4. Hillary Clinton [details]
2 8
5. Barack Obama [details]
1 9

interesting....I wonder what I would have scored with Romney......I am curious though....if McCain is so much more liberal than Huckabee, why did they only score one point apart?......

5stringJeff
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
1. Ron Paul [details]
8 2
2. Mike Huckabee [details]
6 4
2. John McCain [details]
6 4
3. Hillary Clinton [details]
3 7
4. Barack Obama [details]
2 8

Yurt
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
1. Mike Huckabee [details]
7 3
2. John McCain [details]
6 4
3. Hillary Clinton [details]
5 5
3. Ron Paul [details]
5 5
4. Barack Obama [details]
4 6

the questions/answers were too narrow, but did it for fun

Microcosmos
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
1. Barack Obama agree 9 disagree 1
2. Hillary Clinton agree 7 disagree 3
3. John McCain agree 2 disagree 8
4. Mike Huckabee agree 1 disagree 9
4. Ron Paul agree 1 disagree 9

Funnily enough, here's the one Obama & I disagree on:

4. Government spending should

From Obama's website: "Obama believes that a critical step in restoring fiscal discipline is enforcing pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) budgeting rules which require new spending commitments or tax changes to be paid for by cuts to other programs or new revenue."
(link) http://www.barackobama.com/issues/fiscal/

Obama said: Decrease
You said: Increase

red states rule
02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
1. Barack Obama agree 9 disagree 1
2. Hillary Clinton agree 7 disagree 3
3. John McCain agree 2 disagree 8
4. Mike Huckabee agree 1 disagree 9
4. Ron Paul agree 1 disagree 9

Funnily enough, here's the one Obama & I disagree on:

4. Government spending should

From Obama's website: "Obama believes that a critical step in restoring fiscal discipline is enforcing pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) budgeting rules which require new spending commitments or tax changes to be paid for by cuts to other programs or new revenue."
(link) http://www.barackobama.com/issues/fiscal/

Obama said: Decrease
You said: Increase

So far, Obama is up to $850 billion in new spending. He wants to raise taxes by over $2 trillion

He is a classic tax and spend liberal

Obama's Health Care Plan Will Cost Up To $65 Billion A Year--Equal To $260 Billion Over Four Years. "[Obama] campaign officials estimated that the net cost of the plan to the federal government would be $50 billion to $65 billion a year, when fully phased in, and said the revenues from rolling back the tax cuts were enough to cover it." (Robin Toner and Patrick Healy, "Obama Calls For Wider And Less Costly Health Care Coverage," The New York Times, 5/30/07)

Obama's Energy Plan Will Cost $150 Billion Over 10 Years--Equal To $15 Billion Annually And $60 Billion Over Four Years. "Obama will invest $150 billion over 10 years to advance the next generation of biofuels and fuel infrastructure, accelerate the commercialization of plug-in hybrids, promote development of commercial-scale renewable energy, invest in low-emissions coal plants, and begin the transition to a new digital electricity grid." (Obama For America, "The Blueprint For Change," www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/14/08, p. 25)

Obama's Tax Plan Will Cost Approximately $85 Billion A Year--Equal To $340 Billion Over Four Years. "[Obama's] proposed tax cuts and credits, aimed at workers earning $50,000 or less per year, would cost the Treasury an estimated $85 billion annually." (Margaret Talev, "Obama Proposes Tax Code Overhaul To Help The Poor," McClatchy Newspapers, 9/19/07)

Obama's Plan Would Raise Taxes On Capital Gains And Dividends, And On Carried Interest. Obama's tax plan includes: "[I]ncreasing the highest bracket for capital gains and dividends and closing the carried interest loophole." (Obama For America, "Barack Obama: Tax Fairness For The Middle Class," Fact Sheet, www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/8/08)
Obama's Economic Stimulus Package Will Cost $75 Billion. "Barack Obama's economic plan will inject $75 billion of stimulus into the economy by getting money in the form of tax cuts and direct spending directly to the people who need it most." (Obama For America, "Barack Obama's Plan To Stimulate The Economy," Fact Sheet, www.barackobama.com, 1/13/08)

Obama's Early Education And K-12 Package Will Cost $18 Billion A Year--Equal To $72 Billion Over Four Years. "Barack Obama's early education and K-12 plan package costs about $18 billion per year." (Obama For America, "Barack Obama's Plan For Lifetime Success Through Education," Fact Sheet, www.barackobama.com, 11/20/07, p. 15)

Obama's National Service Plan Will Cost $3.5 Billion A Year--Equal To $14 Billion Over Four Years. "Barack Obama's national service plan will cost about $3.5 billion per year when it is fully implemented." (Obama For America, "Helping All Americans Serve Their Country: Barack Obama's Plan For Universal Voluntary Citizen Service," Fact Sheet, www.barackobama.com, 12/5/07)

Obama Will Increase Our Foreign Assistance Funding By $25 Billion. "Obama will embrace the Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme poverty around the world in half by 2015, and he will double our foreign assistance to $50 billion to achieve that goal." (Obama For America, "The Blueprint For Change," www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/14/08, p. 53)

Obama Will Provide $2 Billion To Aide Iraqi Refugees. "He will provide at least $2 billion to expand services to Iraqi refugees in neighboring countries, and ensure that Iraqis inside their own country can find a safe-haven." (Obama For America, "The Blueprint For Change," www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/14/08, p. 51)

Obama Will Provide $1.5 Billion To Help States Adopt Paid-Leave Systems. "As president, Obama will initiate a strategy to encourage all 50 states to adopt paid-leave systems. Obama will provide a $1.5 billion fund to assist states with start-up costs and to help states offset the costs for employees and employers." (Obama For America, "The Blueprint For Change," www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/14/08, p. 15)

Obama Will Provide $1 Billion Over 5 Years For Transitional Jobs And Career Pathway Programs--Equal To $200 Million A Year And $800 Million Over Four Years. "Obama will invest $1 billion over five years in transitional jobs and career pathway programs that implement proven methods of helping low-income Americans succeed in the workforce." (Obama For America, "The Blueprint For Change," www.barackobama.com, Accessed 1/14/08, p. 42)

Obama Will Provide $50 Million To Jump-Start The Creation Of An IAEA-Controlled Nuclear Fuel Bank. Obama: "We must also stop the spread of nuclear weapons technology and ensure that countries cannot build -- or come to the brink of building -- a weapons program under the auspices of developing peaceful nuclear power. That is why my administration will immediately provide $50 million to jump-start the creation of an International Atomic Energy Agency-controlled nuclear fuel bank and work to update the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty." (Sen. Barack Obama, "Renewing American Leadership," Foreign Affairs, 7-8/07)

http://www.gop.com/News/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=2be4675a-89a2-49ce-a994-778dc92b9d19

Hobbit
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
The thing this stupid test doesn't seem to recognize is that when Obama supported that measure, it wasn't so he could cut spending. It was so he could raise taxes.

red states rule
02-15-2008, 05:38 AM
The thing this stupid test doesn't seem to recognize is that when Obama supported that measure, it wasn't so he could cut spending. It was so he could raise taxes.

Being a tax and spend liberal, why would he support it?

Hobbit
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Being a tax and spend liberal, why would he support it?

Because he wants higher taxes and spending. Most people seem to only want higher spending. If that bill had passed, he would have HAD to raise taxes every time spending went up.

truthmatters
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Agreed On Disagreed On
1. Barack Obama [details]
8 2
2. Hillary Clinton [details]
6 4
3. Ron Paul [details]
4 6
4. John McCain [details]
3 7
5. Mike Huckabee [details]

DragonStryk72
02-16-2008, 04:21 AM

Immie

Of course they'll decrease it..... in the ways they want it decrease, which will then be followed by the increases. Dem or Rep, they'll pull the same wool over our eyes.

DragonStryk72
02-16-2008, 04:28 AM
1. Ron Paul 7/3
2. Barack Obama 5/5
3. Hillary Clinton 4/6
4. Mike Huckabee 3/7
4. John McCain 3/7

Actually, this was fairly accurate for me.

red states rule
02-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Because he wants higher taxes and spending. Most people seem to only want higher spending. If that bill had passed, he would have HAD to raise taxes every time spending went up.

It is amazing how the left and liberal media screamed about spending with the previous Republican Ciongress - but now they are silent on the pork and new spending on the current Dem Conhress

And offer no defense for the $850 billion in new spending ideas from Obama

Roadhouse158
02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Agree / Disagree...

1. Mike Huckabee
7 3
2. John McCain
5 5
2. Ron Paul
5 5
3. Hillary Clinton
4 6
3. Barack Obama
4 6

I find it funny how some of us can have the same orders, or even in reverse, but never have the same numbers. Even if we are mainly for, or against a particular candidate, this just shows that we don't agree or disagree with everything they believe in. Guess that's why I have to vote for McCain. He's not a conservative or liberal. He votes both ways...He may be against tax cuts, but he's not for raising taxes either....BTW...If you want to say something to attack him due to this post, I don't really care. I NEVER think of politicians as a close personal friend of mine as some do. You attacking them doesn't affect me one bit. I don't vote only if I am in love with a candidate. I vote for the one that seems the most logical for the times we are facing. Right now I think it's McCain. I definitely want a capable Commander in Chief in office for the next four years. Just paying attention to the world tells me that. I conclude this w/o thinking about Iraq.