PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who Voted Against The Ban On Waterboarding?

Kathianne
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Look under 'nays' in the 'M's':

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/13/the-senate-interrogation-ban-roll-call-vote/

Obama and Clinton didn’t bother to show up.

McCain voted no. The nutroots are already making hay of it–you can see the DNC ad forming.

Speaking of torture, did you hear what else they did with the Gitmo detainees? Yeah, Starbucks.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4696/1rollwateree8.jpg

Dilloduck
02-14-2008, 12:35 AM
McCain votes NAY ??????? :laugh2::laugh2:

What a maroon! WTF does he think he's doing now ??????

02-14-2008, 01:01 AM
wasnt he one of the lead people pushing this bill?

Yurt
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
he was against it until he came up against tenacious foes

:laugh2:

Lee~*
02-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Ok, someone help this poor country gal out here ... are we talking about the sport called Waterboarding???

Yurt
02-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Ok, someone help this poor country gal out here ... are we talking about the sport called Waterboarding???

that would be "wake"boarding

waterboarding is dunking someone underwater, simulates drowning, and then they spill the beans

Lee~*
02-14-2008, 02:20 AM

waterboarding is dunking someone underwater, simulates drowning, and then they spill the beans

Thankyou for that explanation! Now, next question ... Is this a large problem?? I mean, well, how widespread can this be, I've never even heard of it! Inquiring minds want to know! :laugh2: Lee~*

red states rule
02-14-2008, 06:10 AM
McCain votes NAY ??????? :laugh2::laugh2:

What a maroon! WTF does he think he's doing now ??????

Like Sen Kerry, McCain voted for it, before he voted against it

Monkeybone
02-14-2008, 08:54 AM
i thought waterboarding was more putting a piece of cloth over someone's face and the pouring water on it to simulate drowning

red states rule
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
i thought waterboarding was more putting a piece of cloth over someone's face and the pouring water on it to simulate drowning

That is an accurate description

The terrorists are not harmed and there are no lasting effects

Classact
02-14-2008, 09:09 AM
It was a stupid vote with stupid choices... it was a political vote to make a political ad with.

The question wasn't about waterboarding... the question of the vote was to limit all US interrogation to those stated in the Army Field manual. To vote for that statement would inform every enemy around the world what exactly are the techniques the US can lawfully apply.

Limiting techniques to those of the Army Field Manual is just stupid and only stupid liberals could come up with something this stupid to vote about. Maybe their are other secret methods outside of waterboarding that work better than the Army Field Manual? If not, maybe someone will invent one that is not in the stupid manual. Put a terrorists in a diving bell and drop him into the ocean at 4,000 feet and then adjust his decompression based on cooperation?

glockmail
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
It was a stupid vote with stupid choices... it was a political vote to make a political ad with.

The question wasn't about waterboarding... the question of the vote was to limit all US interrogation to those stated in the Army Field manual. To vote for that statement would inform every enemy around the world what exactly are the techniques the US can lawfully apply.

Limiting techniques to those of the Army Field Manual is just stupid and only stupid liberals could come up with something this stupid to vote about. Maybe their are other secret methods outside of waterboarding that work better than the Army Field Manual? If not, maybe someone will invent one that is not in the stupid manual. Put a terrorists in a diving bell and drop him into the ocean at 4,000 feet and then adjust his decompression based on cooperation?
Just chnage the AMF to say "Use whatever means necessary".

remie
02-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Look under 'nays' in the 'M's':

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/13/the-senate-interrogation-ban-roll-call-vote/

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4696/1rollwateree8.jpg

And just as interesting.... look at who didnt have backbone enough to even vote.

Lee~*
02-15-2008, 06:08 PM

My sentiments exactly Class Act! And I'll go one further (donning my flame suit) and say that all ya'll tree and bunny hugging liberals need to get a life and quit using the congress to try to legislate your idea of morality and safety. I personally think they have more important things to do than worry about every one of your pissant, picyune little gripes! So there!

:lol: Lee~*

red states rule
02-16-2008, 05:52 AM
My sentiments exactly Class Act! And I'll go one further (donning my flame suit) and say that all ya'll tree and bunny hugging liberals need to get a life and quit using the congress to try to legislate your idea of morality and safety. I personally think they have more important things to do than worry about every one of your pissant, picyune little gripes! So there!

:lol: Lee~*

As I ghave posted many time, and libs keep making my case, - ;ibs are more interested in protecting the "rights" of terrorists and ensuring their comfort then preventing their attacks and saving innocent lives

5stringJeff
02-16-2008, 12:02 PM
WTF was McCain thinking? He was supposed to have the "moral high ground" on torture. What an idiot.

nevadamedic
02-16-2008, 01:34 PM

Actually Waterboarding is when they put a washcloth on your face and keep pouring water over it to simulate drowning.

Senator McCain voted the right way on this one. Waterboarding is an important interrogation technique. The only reason he was against it is he has had it done to him in the past. He did not lead the fight against it at all and once again he listened to what the people wanted.

nevadamedic
02-16-2008, 01:35 PM
I just ordered a T-Shirt on thoseshirts.com that says I would rather be Waterboarding. :laugh2::salute:

red states rule
02-16-2008, 01:38 PM
WTF was McCain thinking? He was supposed to have the "moral high ground" on torture. What an idiot.

Being a liberal, he is always ready with a firm "maybe" on the issues of the day

nevadamedic
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Being a liberal, he is always ready with a firm "maybe" on the issues of the day

He's more Conservative then you could ever be.

red states rule
02-16-2008, 01:45 PM
He's more Conservative then you could ever be.

Ah, falling back on personal attacks instead of trying to defend his liberal stances NV?

I thought better of you

5stringJeff
02-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Actually Waterboarding is when they put a washcloth on your face and keep pouring water over it to simulate drowning.

Senator McCain voted the right way on this one. Waterboarding is an important interrogation technique. The only reason he was against it is he has had it done to him in the past. He did not lead the fight against it at all and once again he listened to what the people wanted.

So McCain is soft on torture now. Yet another reason to vote for him. :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
02-17-2008, 02:44 AM
So McCain is soft on torture now. Yet another reason to vote for him. :rolleyes:

He's soft on torture but he opposed the bill? Get it straight.

red states rule
02-17-2008, 07:09 AM
He's soft on torture but he opposed the bill? Get it straight.

More like soft in the head. He is leading the Republican party into defeat, and it is amazing how many conservatives do not give a damn

nevadamedic
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I just ordered a T-Shirt on thoseshirts.com that says I would rather be Waterboarding. :laugh2::salute:

I just got that shirt in and it's pretty cool.

Check it out..................
http://www.thoseshirts.com/wtr.html

That site has a lot of great and funny shirts. So does www.metrospy.com

nevadamedic
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
More like soft in the head. He is leading the Republican party into defeat, and it is amazing how many conservatives do not give a damn

The hell he is. I thought you were smart enough to not believe all this propaganda against Senator McCain.

02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
The hell he is. I thought you were smart enough to not believe all this propaganda against Senator McCain.

it's not propaganda when it's true. The fact is throughout the entire Republican debates John McCain was criticizing his opponents who did not want to ban waterboarding. Now when its put up for a vote, he votes against banning it.

Quite frankly I don't really care about the issue. But you can't honestly say anyone is lying about John McCain's flip flop here when it's as blatantly obvious as this.

nevadamedic
02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
it's not propaganda when it's true. The fact is throughout the entire Republican debates John McCain was criticizing his opponents who did not want to ban waterboarding. Now when its put up for a vote, he votes against banning it.

Quite frankly I don't really care about the issue. But you can't honestly say anyone is lying about John McCain's flip flop here when it's as blatantly obvious as this.

He listened to what the people wanted and changed his stance. There is nothing wrong with that. The only reason he was against it to begin with is because it happened to him on several occasions while he was a POW.

red states rule
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
He listened to what the people wanted and changed his stance. There is nothing wrong with that. The only reason he was against it to begin with is because it happened to him on several occasions while he was a POW.

Tell me NV, how can McCain believe government mioney will change the Earth's climate - but the government can't build a fence and secure the border

Or, McCain says he is for the US Constitution - but has no problem striking down free speech with his buddy Feingold

02-19-2008, 01:57 PM

I see. So when John McCain flip flops on what he considers principle based positions it's alright because he is listening to the people.

Romney, Huckabee, Giuliani, or Thompson change their positions, they are rabid flip floppers who can't be trusted.

A real leader doesn't change the positions he thinks are right. He convinces the people that his positions are right.

He could have voted for banning waterboarding and no one would have thought twice about it. But now after months of telling us how it's wrong he votes against banning it for absolutely no clear reason.

Actually I am misspeaking, he has a reason. He is pandering.

red states rule
02-19-2008, 02:01 PM

Well, once John has the nomination locked up, he will go back to listening to the illegals and amnesty will back on the table