PDA

View Full Version : employees....

manu1959
02-13-2008, 11:56 PM
anyone here responsible for the lives and welfare of others.....

sometimes the burden is heavy.....

my company has 250 families...i am personally responsible for 35 of them.....

firing people sucks.....

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM

firing people sucks.....

Not as much as being fired. I've known some assholes that actually took pleasure in firing people. But knowing a bit about you I'm sure it wasn't easy.
Slow business or poor performance?

manu1959
02-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Not as much as being fired. I've known some assholes that actually took pleasure in firing people. But knowing a bit about you I'm sure it wasn't easy.
Slow business or poor performance?

insulting toward my senior staff.....i will tollerate a lot of things....not that.....

three times on the trot .... dude had been here two months ..... thought he knew more than me or my pros from dover.......we have been kicking ass for a decade.....

oops......

funny thing about work load.....we seem to keep getting housing work in this economy.....mystifying really...

still i hate to tell people they no longer have a job......

JohnDoe
02-14-2008, 12:11 AM

firing people sucks.....not now, cuz i retired young :), but i was at one time responsible for the hiring and firing of the employees in my sbu (strategic business unit) for the Corporation that i worked for and also when i was a manager for another corporation.

It does suck, this is why you need to make certain the employee is not salvageable, make certain you've given them their 3 shots of improvement and spend a little of your own time trying to help the employee fit in, maybe even in another dept where they may exceed expectations...

HOWEVER, if they can not come to par or meet productivity numbers, you have no other choice than to pink slip them.... and hope U/E helps them get by until they find their next job.

jd

Yurt
02-14-2008, 12:30 AM
so you have an opening?

:)

i'm a quick learner

mrg666
02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
had to do it once only , it was passed off as a redundancy but i was gutted , since those days that sort of news comes from someone else thankfully .
id say it was a very bad experiance for me and couldn't have been good for the other guy either

remie
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM

firing people sucks.....

I am directly responsible for 50 employees...and yes firing people definately sucks. I probably go too far in making the unworkable situations work, but when the time comes to have to fire someone, I know that I have done my best to make it work.

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
so you have an opening?

:)

i'm a quick learner

No way you could pay me enough to be willing to work for you. :)

jackass
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Who Manu?? I think Manu would be a fine employer!!

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 05:29 PM

You have to be able to trust what your employer says...

jackass
02-14-2008, 10:02 PM

So far I have no reason not to trust Manu.

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM

He was talking about Yurt.

Ummmm, arn't you supposed to be away for a romantic weekend? What are you doing on here?!?!?!?!?!? :slap:

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM

typo would self eject in a month....my staff eats bullshitters alive.....

thank you....my core staff and i have been together for 10 years....most of the staff for more than 5 years....guys i used to work for closed their own companies to come and work with my team....hell my personal assistant has been with me 10 years....

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:18 PM

tell me how does an employee gain the trust of their employer.....

and for five bonus points tell me how an employer gains the trust of their employee.....

and if i can't be trusted tell me why more than 30 people have decided to work with me for the past decade.....and why my x boss and my x partner came....

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 10:21 PM

Agreed. If I didn't love teaching, I'd be working my butt off for him now. He definately seems like someone that would not ask for what he would not do himself. Sign of a quality manager.

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 10:22 PM
tell me how does an employee gain the trust of their employer.....Delivering on what they promise.
and for five bonus points tell me how an employer gains the trust of their employee.....Not the same answer, considering how little employers actually promise.
and if i can't be trusted tell me why more than 30 people have decided to work with me for the past decade.....and why my x boss and my x partner came....You must be one of those people who in real life is nothing like what they are online. :slap:

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Delivering on what they promise.Not the same answer, considering how little employers actually promise.You must be one of those people who in real life is nothing like what they are online. :slap:

the answer is identical......think about it.....what would you have to do to get people to follow you.....my staff have been offered 10's of thousands of dollars to leave...yet they stay.....

one word keeps us together... trust .... they trust me that i can help them get to where they want to go .... and if they can't they know i will tell how to or why they can not get there ....

there are people that have been here that know me .... they say i am more brutal in real life .....

they describe my studio as something similar to the most dificult class at university....best students....best projects...most demanding teacher....some people prefer false praise and being able to fuck up and kiss ass and survive....my group makes you back your bullshit up with skill....

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
the answer is identical......think about it.....what would you have to do to get people to follow you.....my staff have been offered 10's of thousands of dollars to leave...yet they stay.....

one word keeps us together... trust .... they trust me that i can help them get to where they want to go .... and if they can't they know i will tell how to or why they can not get there ....

there are people that have been here that know me .... they say i am more brutal in real life .....

they describe my studio as something similar to the most dificult class at university....best students....best projects...most demanding teacher....some people prefer false praise and being able to fuck up and kiss ass and survive....my group makes you back your bullshit up with skill....

Oh, one other possibility I left out of my last post: Maybe you're just a pathological liar.

Nobody here has any way of verifying anything you say, after all...

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM

I'd work for you in a heartbeat. I gave it serious thought. Problem is, I really do love to teach.

I may be naive, but think one can get a sense of others online, warts and all. That's where judgment kicks in.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:38 PM
I'd work for you in a heartbeat. I gave it serious thought. Problem is, I really do love to teach.

I may be naive, but think one can get a sense of others online, warts and all. That's where judgment kicks in.

you are too kind.....i did wonder if you were going to take me up on my offer....but you are correct...teaching is the best.....i go to work every day and teach my staff to be better than me....i would kill for any one of them and they know it....they also know i reward skill period ..... and that if you fuck up you get to fix it .... and god help you if you try to brown nose your way around those two rules ....

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh, one other possibility I left out of my last post: Maybe you're just a pathological liar.

nor anything you say.....

mbharch.com feel free to check it out.....you can always google me....i show up....

yurt will in a few weeks or so when i vist him in slo....or you can ask the fountainhead he knows me.....

why is it so important to you to verify anything i say

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
nor anything you say.....Only most of what I say is opinion. And what little factual info I give out about myself, I honestly don't care whether anyone believes it.

mbharch.com feel free to check it out.....you can always google me....i show up....I still don't know if it's you or some random firm.

why is it so important to you to verify anything i sayIt isn't. You suddenly became very concerned with presenting your cred when I made the statement that I wouldn't care to work for you. I'm flattered, sure, but hey: this isn't reality.

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 10:51 PM
If yer recruiting in Atlanta, let me know.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Only most of what I say is opinion. And what little factual info I give out about myself, I honestly don't care whether anyone believes it.

I still don't know if it's you or some random firm.

It isn't. You suddenly became very concerned with presenting your cred when I made the statement that I wouldn't care to work for you. I'm flattered, sure, but hey: this isn't reality.

would you prefer i let you talk shit about me and not defend my staff or myself ....

as for your opinions you should get some new ones ....

as for what you believe.....believe whatever you like.....if you don't like what i say don't read it....

manu1959
02-14-2008, 10:55 PM
If yer recruiting in Atlanta, let me know.

if i ever need a chopper pilot i will call you.....actually i wish i could figure out how to open offices in other sates but we are still to young and our cultre does not seem to export well outside the mother ship....we have tried and failed twice.....

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 11:03 PM
if i ever need a chopper pilot i will call you.....actually i wish i could figure out how to open offices in other sates but we are still to young and our cultre does not seem to export well outside the mother ship....we have tried and failed twice.....

Errrrr...I don't fly anymore, but I could screen someone for ya.

jackass
02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Ummmm, arn't you supposed to be away for a romantic weekend? What are you doing on here?!?!?!?!?!? :slap:

Leave tomorrow morning around 5.

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 12:34 AM

Who cares? Are you that obsessed with him or something? Calling him a liar is way out of line, you don't know he is a liar and until you have proof then don't say it.

nor anything you say.....

mbharch.com feel free to check it out.....you can always google me....i show up....

yurt will in a few weeks or so when i vist him in slo....or you can ask the fountainhead he knows me.....

why is it so important to you to verify anything i say

Because he is obsessing over you.

Leave tomorrow morning around 5.

How come your on here then? :poke:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Who cares? Are you that obsessed with him or something? Calling him a liar is way out of line, you don't know he is a liar and until you have proof then don't say it.

yes typo stalks me....it is kinda cute....

Yurt
02-15-2008, 12:48 AM

you couldn't pay me enough to hire you :laugh2:

Yurt
02-15-2008, 12:53 AM

1. brown noser

2. why are you obsessing about jackass :poke:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM

actually i would love to watch typo try to hold his own with my crew.....

manu1959
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM
1. brown noser

1. not good

2. wishes he was going?

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 01:31 AM
1. brown noser

1. Nope, not at all I have just read Manny's posts since I have been on this board and he has not once lied and I don't think for one minute he is a liar at all.

2. Why are you obsessing about me? I am flattered but I am really not into men. :poke:

actually i would love to watch typo try to hold his own with my crew.....

Ummmm, he holds his own all the time, its the only way he gets laid! :laugh2:

Yurt
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
1. Nope, not at all I have just read Manny's posts since I have been on this board and he has not once lied and I don't think for one minute he is a liar at all.

2. Why are you obsessing about me? I am flattered but I am really not into men. :poke:

Ummmm, he holds his own all the time, its the only way he gets laid! :laugh2:

one post dumbass is hardly obsession, unlike your multiple posts about jackass's personal life

now run along....

dan
02-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey, manu, it might just be my computer, but on that site you posted, I'm getting the red X on the front page. The buttons across the top show up, but nothing below that.

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 12:30 PM

As you might have guessed by now, my remark referred to manu (sorry about the bad placement), but I'm sure that working for you would be no picnic either. :laugh2:

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 12:31 PM
yes typo stalks me....it is kinda cute....

The cute part is how insecure it makes you look when you respond. :lol:

Yurt
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
The cute part is how insecure it makes you look when you respond. :lol:

dude, seriously, why are you making such a big deal about his authenticity when you have nothing to

1. back up your claim

2. cause you to believe his lies now or has ever lied on this board

you're usually pretty cool, but this seems out of character

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
dude, seriously, why are you making such a big deal about his authenticity when you have nothing to

1. back up your claim

2. cause you to believe his lies now or has ever lied on this board

you're usually pretty cool, but this seems out of character

Actually, I just threw out the "liar" observation in passing. The fact that manu got so amped up over it was what caused me to smell blood.

I'd say the whole thing has pretty well played out anyhow, so I'll calm down now. Thanks for the diplomacy. :beer:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey, manu, it might just be my computer, but on that site you posted, I'm getting the red X on the front page. The buttons across the top show up, but nothing below that.

no clue...here is the link....http://www.mbharch.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

Yurt
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Actually, I just threw out the "liar" observation in passing. The fact that manu got so amped up over it was what caused me to smell blood.

I'd say the whole thing has pretty well played out anyhow, so I'll calm down now. Thanks for the diplomacy. :beer:

yeah, what was manu thinking defending himself after being called a liar

i hope your job doesn't require "hunches" or "intuition"

manu1959
02-15-2008, 07:35 PM
yeah, what was manu thinking defending himself after being called a liar

i hope your job doesn't require "hunches" or "intuition"

you think he has a job? who would hire him with an attitude like his....

Yurt
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
you think he has a job? who would hire him with an attitude like his....

http://annaleis.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/Worst%20Job%20Ever%201.jpg

manu1959
02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
http://annaleis.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/Worst%20Job%20Ever%201.jpg

typo has bad teeth.....dude...now i feel bad about making fun of him....

Yurt
02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
typo has bad teeth.....dude...now i feel bad about making fun of him....

neeeeeeeeeh, you shouldn't

manu1959
02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
neeeeeeeeeh, you shouldn't

hey i seem to recall typo is a bay area guy....tell ya what typo.....why don't you drop by my office in alameda next week and see for yourself.....

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
hey i seem to recall typo is a bay area guy....tell ya what typo.....why don't you drop by my office in alameda next week and see for yourself.....

Sounds like an awesome company! I read through some of the profiles.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Sounds like an awesome company! I read through some of the profiles.

it is pretty cool.....wish i really worked there.....:poke:

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
it is pretty cool.....wish i really worked there.....:poke:

:laugh2::slap:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:21 PM
:laugh2::slap:

my whole life is a lie....typo found me out......i feel so liberated.....more wine....:cheers2:

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 09:24 PM
my whole life is a lie....typo found me out......i feel so liberated.....more wine....:cheers2:

:laugh2: Most of us wish our lives were lies. You my friend, are lucky!

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:28 PM
:laugh2: Most of us wish our lives were lies. You my friend, are lucky!

i like to watch...........

Yurt
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM

... and typers is down for the count

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1087/thumbs/ali_knockout.jpg

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:44 PM
... and typers is down for the count

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1087/thumbs/ali_knockout.jpg

i love playing the xbox 360 boxing game as ali......it is so much fun......

Yurt
02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
i love playing the xbox 360 boxing game as ali......it is so much fun......

i want one, if i get one, thinking of the blackbox version

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:47 PM
i want one, if i get one, thinking of the blackbox version

xbox 360 is the best ..... most games...plays dvds..... stores pictures....online games.....

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
... and typers is down for the countTypers has been busy for the past several hours, because he has both a {high-paying} job and a {fun, enviable} life, fuck you very much. :laugh2:

Dude, I swear I don't get you sometimes. First you want to calm me down and then to rev me up again. Are you schizo are what? :confused: Manu I can understand: he just enjoys puffery to cover up his insecurities, whatever they are. Even if all of his posts are true, I stand by my original statement that I would never work for him. I certainly don't mind if he's successful, as long as it isn't at other people's expense.

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2008, 10:59 PM
thats not nice :slap:

Yurt
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Typers has been busy for the past several hours, because he has both a {high-paying} job and a {fun, enviable} life, fuck you very much. :laugh2:

Dude, I swear I don't get you sometimes. First you want to calm me down and then to rev me up again. Are you schizo are what? :confused: Manu I can understand: he just enjoys puffery to cover up his insecurities, whatever they are. Even if all of his posts are true, I stand by my original statement that I would never work for him. I certainly don't mind if he's successful, as long as it isn't at other people's expense.

:lol:

http://img.sparknotes.com/content/sparklife/sparktalk/instructoart_cuckoo.gif

mrg666
02-16-2008, 11:31 AM

trust is built up over a period of time , at the end of the day the happier folk are the more productive they are , having known man u for the short period i have , i'd imagine morale at his place of work to be very high

mrg666
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Typers has been busy for the past several hours, because he has both a {high-paying} job and a {fun, enviable} life, fuck you very much. :laugh2:

shut t.f.u have you got a degree in idiocracy

typomaniac
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
shut t.f.u have you got a degree in idiocracy

No, I got kicked out of the university that your daddy's connections got you into. :lol: