PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Pleads Pro-Obama Bias, 'Cruel' Sexism Against Hillary

stephanie
02-14-2008, 04:19 AM
By Tim Graham | February 13, 2008 - 17:42 ET
Late on Tuesday afternoon, Bill Clinton submitted to an interview with longtime Washington, DC radio talker WMAL-AM (the D.C. home of Rush Limbaugh). The former president complained about media bias like it was brand new: "the political press has avowedly played a role in this election. I’ve never seen this before." (What about 1992?) He repeatedly insisted "two comprehensive, objective studies" show Barack Obama gets better press than his wife. When asked about the David Shuster "pimped out" remarks about Chelsea, Clinton praised his wife for countering the blatant sexism in the media: "I think she did the right thing to stick up, not just for our daughter, but for women everywhere. The level of blatant, vicious sexist comments by some people in this campaign has been appalling." He also applauded her for standing up for "basic human decency."

Clinton was interviewed by WMAL host Chris Plante (formerly a longtime CNN Pentagon reporter/producer) around 5 PM yesterday, and Plante aired most of it on his show from 8 to 10 PM. WMAL replayed clips of it several times again this morning. (Audio, whole or in parts, is presently here.) Plante began by asking if Hillary was now the underdog, and momentum was slipping away. Clinton went straight to media bias:

transcript.....here...
I think she has been the underdog ever since Iowa. She’s had, you know, a lot of the politicians, like Senator Kennedy, opposed to her. She’s had, the political press has avowedly played a role in this election.

He then talked about Obama’s other advantages. It could not have escaped Bill Clinton that 1992 is perhaps the most dramatic campaign of goo-goo press coverage a presidential candidate has ever received. He could hardly claim that when the Washington Post was running gooey Clinton-Gore headlines like "Heart Throbs in the Heart Land," that the press was playing it straight. Plante returned the discussion to the press coverage:

read the rest of the whining here....:laugh2:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/02/13/bill-clinton-pleads-pro-obama-bias-cruel-sexism-against-hillary