PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Aquarium

dan
02-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but whatev. Anybody been to the Atlanta Aquarium? I'm dying to go, but it's hard to get anybody to want to go down there, all my friends think that if you don't get there as soon as they open, you'll have to deal with massive, horrendous lines, which I don't necessarily think is true. Even if it is, it'd be worth the lines to me. I might end up having to go by myself, long crappy ride, but, hey, I've done it before.

Hag, you been there? Mr. P? Jackass? I think that's most of the southeastern regulars on here.

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but whatev. Anybody been to the Atlanta Aquarium? I'm dying to go, but it's hard to get anybody to want to go down there, all my friends think that if you don't get there as soon as they open, you'll have to deal with massive, horrendous lines, which I don't necessarily think is true. Even if it is, it'd be worth the lines to me. I might end up having to go by myself, long crappy ride, but, hey, I've done it before.

Hag, you been there? Mr. P? Jackass? I think that's most of the southeastern regulars on here.

I haven't been Dan. I'm one that won't go down there. :laugh2:
My daughter has been. She went the first time just after they opened a year or so ago, I don't recall her complaining about lines.

dan
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I haven't been Dan. I'm one that won't go down there. :laugh2:
My daughter has been. She went the first time just after they opened a year or so ago, I don't recall her complaining about lines.

Y'know, I think my friends' complaints are just kind of unavoidable in Atlanta in general, especially in that area. I mean, obviously, if I'm not looking for a crowd, I should probably stay out of ATL, wouldn't you say?

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Y'know, I think my friends' complaints are just kind of unavoidable in Atlanta in general, especially in that area. I mean, obviously, if I'm not looking for a crowd, I should probably stay out of ATL, wouldn't you say?

That's pretty much true.

Hagbard Celine
02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I have not been there but if you go pop over a block to the CNN center and buy me lunch :laugh:

jackass
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Dan I have not been there, but if it the one I am thinking about, I Would love to go.Maybe we can make it a day trip?? I would be game for it.

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Dan I have not been there, but if it the one I am thinking about, I Would love to go.Maybe we can make it a day trip?? I would be game for it.

That would be a long day trip, JA. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive from Augusta.

dan
02-14-2008, 03:01 PM

Yeah, I'd be up for it. Like Mr. P said, it'd be a hell of a trip for you. Usually when I go to Atlanta, it's for a concert, so I leave around 10 or 11 in the morning, spend the afternoon down there, then get home around 1:30 or 2 in the morning depending on how late the concert goes. I guess I'd be willing to spend the night down there, we could hit up the Clermont Lounge.:laugh2:

jackass
02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'd be up for it. Like Mr. P said, it'd be a hell of a trip for you. Usually when I go to Atlanta, it's for a concert, so I leave around 10 or 11 in the morning, spend the afternoon down there, then get home around 1:30 or 2 in the morning depending on how late the concert goes. :
I would do it. Its not that bad. I could leave by 6 ish and be there by 10 or 11.

I guess I'd be willing to spend the night down there, we could hit up the Clermont Lounge.:laugh2:
Are the kids allowed??? :laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-15-2008, 12:33 AM
I have been there twice...and absolutely LOVED it. Both times I went were during the week, so I didn't contend with lines, and it is a cool place.

I was there less than 2 weeks ago, actually.

2 shots...1 from the big tank....seeing 4 whale sharks in one place is pretty remarkable, and I took a bunch of shots of the Jellyfish.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/gadget_03/Jelly1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/gadget_03/Sawfishandwhaleshark.jpg

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 02:05 AM
That sounds awesome. I love marine life and anything that has to do with water. I've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in the Bay Area when I was younger and I think someplace simular in either Oakland or San Francisco, I dont remember.

The closest thing I have seen to that in a long time are the live Lobster Tanks at my work. :laugh2:

dan
02-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Cool pics, Gadget! I didn't want to say this before, but one of the main things I'd like to see there is the jellyfish. Seems silly to get so excited over jellyfish, but I don't know, they look really cool.

Mr. P
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
This may help you folks plan...check out the swim with the whales info too.

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Hobbit
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I've also been twice, and it was awesome. To avoid crowding and lines, all tickets are timestamped for the time frame during which they will allow you into the aquarium. This keeps crowding down and spreads the customers out throughout the day. Before you ask, they don't kick anybody out for being there too long (until the place closes), but there's only so much to do there, so the system works pretty well.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
J, since you will be in Baltimore this weekend, you need to see the Aquarium there. It's pretty awesome.

Sitarro
02-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Cool pics, Gadget! I didn't want to say this before, but one of the main things I'd like to see there is the jellyfish. Seems silly to get so excited over jellyfish, but I don't know, they look really cool.

Hey Dan, Take a hit of acid before you go stare at those jellyfish, I'm sure that will make it even more interesting.......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

jackass
02-23-2008, 07:57 AM
J, since you will be in Baltimore this weekend, you need to see the Aquarium there. It's pretty awesome.

We went :) The room we had gave us 2 free tickets to the aquarium. Only bad thing was we went on a Saturday. We wont make that mistake again!!

dan
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey Dan, Take a hit of acid before you go stare at those jellyfish, I'm sure that will make it even more interesting.......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro, if you knew me, you'd know that I don't do anything without a hit of acid.:laugh2: