PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah vows revenge for slain leader

gabosaurus
02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Same sold same old. You kill me, I'll kill you.
Yet another reason why we should not intervene or take sides in this ongoing battle between terrorist groups.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-lebanon15feb15,0,3686458.story

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Yet another reason why we should not intervene or take sides in this ongoing battle between terrorist groups.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-lebanon15feb15,0,3686458.story

Israel is a terrorist group? :rolleyes:

Monkeybone
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
no they are a terrorist state according to Gabs. sorta kinda the same thing, but more official

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 01:47 PM
no they are a terrorist state according to Gabs. sorta kinda the same thing, but more official

:laugh2:

Gaffer
02-14-2008, 09:00 PM
hezbo is mad cause someone took out one of their major murdering thugs. Israel says they didn't, but they probably did. Go Israel. That's one hit that was long overdue. That guy was responsible for hundreds of deaths I don't care who did it. It was a good thing.

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM

WE had very good reasons to want this sucker dead:

Mugniyah was Hizballah's military commander and deputy secretary general. He was on the FBI's Most Wanted list for his role in planning and carrying out the 1985 hijacking of TWA Flight 847, which resulted in the death of U.S. Navy diver Robert Stethem.

The U.S. also blames Mugniyah for the bombings of the U.S. Embassy and the Marine Corps compound in Beirut in 1983, when more than 200 U.S. troops died in their barracks. He was also blamed for the bombing of a French army compound in Beirut that killed 60 French servicemen.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/200802/INT20080213d.html

Mr. P
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
When Israel goes after them this time I sure hope they don't stop. Somehow I think that's da plan.

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
When Israel goes after them this time I sure hope they don't stop. Somehow I think that's da plan.

I think the US did it. Israel says they didn't, we're not commenting. Long time coming.

Gaffer
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I think the US did it. Israel says they didn't, we're not commenting. Long time coming.

I hope we did, but I can't see our CIA doing the right thing. Or even keeping the operation out of the NYT.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
there is the other palestinian party.....plus it could have been an inside job .....

but at the end of the day a bad man died....who cares......

Gaffer
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
maybe he pissed off the syrians. They are good at car bombing. But then they would say he blew himself up. Like that guy saddam was hiding in baghdad that committed suicide by shooting himself in the head three times.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
maybe he pissed off the syrians. They are good at car bombing. But then they would say he blew himself up. Like that guy saddam was hiding in baghdad that committed suicide by shooting himself in the head three times.

:lol:......i love the middle eastern mind......

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM

I doubt he is dead. This man was a master of deception. CNN did an outstanding article about this.

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Why should we support Israel? The Israelis can defend themselves. We don't need to intervene. They use the same terrorist tactics that the Palestinians use.

Sir Evil
02-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Why should we support Israel? The Israelis can defend themselves. We don't need to intervene. They use the same terrorist tactics that the Palestinians use.

Intervene on what?

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Why should we support Israel in its conflict with an adversary?

Sir Evil
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM

Umm, Israel is one of our allies. Do you support any of your friends?

Classact
02-15-2008, 12:24 PM

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-lebanon15feb15,0,3686458.storyA nice one of those friends of Iran was killed, such a shame.

America needs a rule like "Same sold same old. You kill me, I'll kill you." This dude was responsible for brutal murder of many Americans and deserves what he got. As for the threat of retaliation I say bring it on... and if they take it to Israel we should double up on our support for Israel.

What would Obama do? Talk to Hezbollah and Iran directly and what would they talk about?

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Why are we allies with a terrorist state? It's bad enough that we support Saudi Arabia.

Sir Evil
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Why are we allies with a terrorist state? It's bad enough that we support Saudi Arabia.

Terrorist state? :laugh2:

Where are you, in Berkley?

Why aren't you supportive of the death of a terrorist?

Gaffer
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM

Israel is fighting hamas and hezbollah who are supported by ALL the muslim countries and two thirds of the un. You don't think we should help them defend themselves? They are doing their own fighting, we just supply the materials.

3000 rockets a month are launched at Israel. How long would you want to live under that? The rockets are launched from populated areas so that a strike against them will kill lots of innocent people. How long would you put up with attacks like that until you finally took action? Is striking the launch sites a terrorist act?

Try answering the questions without changing the subject or spouting your jew hatred.

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
How many rockets are launched in retaliation by Israel? How many refugee camps are bombed or attacked by Israeli soldiers?

I don't support either side. I don't support terrorism as a whole.

Yurt
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
How many rockets are launched in retaliation by Israel? How many refugee camps are bombed or attacked by Israeli soldiers?

you tell us

what exactly do you consider a non terrorist state?

the US?

Monkeybone
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
only because Bush is in charge and our soldiers, yurt

Gaffer
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

You didn't answer my question. I will not answer your until you answer mine.

02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

becuase without our support people like yourself will incapacitate them rather than letting them fight.

My guess is they killed this guy themselves just to use it as an excuse to go to war agains the Israelis. these types have no problem doing that.

Monkeybone
02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
but if it was an all out open war, how involved would we get? would we even have to? do they have anything other than pick-up trucks to move their ppl around?

Gaffer
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Any war involving Israel would not need anything from us except support. material and intelligence. If Israel was under attack by numerous countries it would be a different story.

In 1967 the six day war broke out. I was on a hill in Vietnam outside of Chu Li. We were placed on stand by and told to sit tight with our gear packed. C-130's were lined up on the airfield waiting for us. If Israel began to lose the conflict we were going in to stop the arab advance. Once it was determined Israel was going to prevail we were able to stand down and go back to hunting VC. If you think the US won't step in if Israel is seriously threatened, think again.

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I hope we did, but I can't see our CIA doing the right thing. Or even keeping the operation out of the NYT.

Israel denies hitting him, they do take credit. US on the other hand, we're not supposed to do things like that. I'm hoping:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125258

Mughniyeh Was in Midst of Planning Mass Terror Attack

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) A Kuwaiti newspaper reports that Hizbullah terrorist chief Imad Mughniyeh, who was killed in a car-bomb attack in Damascus on Tuesday, was in the midst of planning major terrorist attacks in moderate Arab countries when he was killed.

Al-Watan reports that American intelligence had learned that Mughniyeh arrived in Damascus three days earlier with instructions from, and in coordination with, the Iranians. His objective was to meet with Hizbullah leaders and coordinate a mass attack, for which he was to receive help from Syrian intelligence.

The American involvement in the killing is explained as being in retaliation for a recent car bomb attack that targeted a U.S. Embassy vehicle; three passersby.

Another Kuwaiti newspaper, Al-Siasa, reports that Mughniyeh took part, shortly before he was killed, in a secret meeting in the Iranian School in Damascus. Also participating in the meeting were Syrian Intelligence Chief Gen. Aisaf Shwackath, Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal, and an Islamic Jihad representative. On the agenda: planned attacks in Arab countries that refuse to take part in the coming Arab League summit in Damascus. The newspaper entertains the possibility that the meeting was merely a camouflage for Syrian involvement in Mughniyeh's killing.

US Tightens Sanctions on Syria
Meanwhile, US President George W. Bush has ordered stricter economic sanctions against Syria, the White House announced in an executive message to Congress.

The order to freeze the assets of people held responsible for actions that "undermine efforts to stabilize Iraq" came Wednesday, the day before Mughniyeh’s burial.

Economic sanctions against Syria date back to 2004 for Syrian support of the Hizbullah and Hamas terrorist groups.

The United States has charged Syria with being behind former Lebanese Prime Minister Hariri’s murder, which occurred three years ago this week. "Syria continues to undermine Lebanon's sovereignty and democracy, imprison democracy activists, curtail human rights, and sponsor and harbor terrorists," the White House said.

Actually if you consider our record, this makes perfect sense, as here are the 'two steps back,' lots of links:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/02/019799.php

Not serious about foreign policy either

Yesterday I noted Eli Lake's New York Sun story on Zbigniew Brzezinski's trip to Damascus. In Damascus Brzezinski met with Assad and senior officials of his regime, whose security he seeks to promote. This at the same time that the world was reminded of the Syrian sancturary of terrorist mass murderer Imad Mugniyeh. On Wednesday Brzezinski issued a statement affirming that both Syria and the United States have a common desire to achieve stability in the region. Zbigniew Brzezinski is the kind of "realist" who can't see what's in front of his nose.

Today Lake returns to report that one of Hillary Clinton's national finance chairmen for Ms. Hillary's presidential campaign -- Hassan Nemazee -- left Damascus last night after a visit there as part of the same RAND Corp. delegation that Brzezinski headed. The Clinton campaign offered Lake no comment on Nemazee's Syrian visit last night. The New York Sun is more forthcoming in its editorial on the subject.

A Google News search on "Brzezinski Damascus" reveals again today that the Obama/Clinton delegation to Syria remains a deep secret confined to readers of the New York Sun, Power Line and Martin Peretz.

UPDATE: Michael Rubin writes: "Iranian Foreign Minister Mottaki was there at the next day (Feb. 14). Did they overlap?"

JOHN adds: Hey, don't take our word for it. Here's photographic evidence! Brzezinski with Assad; click to enlarge:

Someone should ask Obama whether his foreign policy adviser brought back any useful insights into our common interests with Assad. Assad had a busy week; here he is the following day, with Iranian Foreign Minister Mottaki. Do you suppose Assad was able to pass on any insights he'd gained into the foreign policy views off the front-runner for the Democratic nomination?

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
What questions Gaffer? The Israelis are were able to defend themselves. They have more military power than any of their adversaries.
If Israeli can defeat their adversaries without U.S. support or intervention, so be it. The U.S. should not intervene on either side. It should not be our policy to assist terrorist states. Which Israel is.
There is no reason whatsoever that the U.S. should side with Israel in any conflict.

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Boo hoo, another bites the dust:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080215/ap_on_re_mi_ea/gaza_explosion

6 dead in Gaza blast

Fri Feb 15, 3:57 PM ET

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A powerful blast went off in the house of a senior Islamic Jihad activist Friday, killing him, his wife and daughter, along with three neighbors, medics and an Islamic Jihad spokesman said.

Islamic Jihad claimed Israeli warplanes struck the home of Ayman Atallah Fayed. Israel denied it had launched any airstrike in the Bureij refugee camp in central Gaza where Fayed lived. Hamas police said the cause of the blast was not clear.

Witnesses reported seeing fragments of what looked like locally produced rockets at the scene, suggesting the house may have been used to store arms.

Islamic Jihad said Fayed was among the dead, and that the group would carry out reprisal attacks against Israel.

Fayed was a senior member of the Islamic Jihad military wing. Israel routinely targets top militants in airstrikes but Israel denied any such strike on Friday.

The three-story house was flattened by the blast and six nearby homes were badly damaged, witnesses said. At least 40 people were hurt, including 12 who were in critical condition.

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Its too bad you dont have the capacity to use critical thinking

red states rule
02-16-2008, 07:32 AM

When,a nd how is Israel a terrorist gorup?

Do you want Israel to fight terrorism klike the libs in the US want to - stick their head i n the sand and hope the terrorists leave thme alone

I for one could not have been happoer when another terrorist assumed room temp

The more the better

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I am all in favor of terrorist leaders biting the dust. On both sides.

Gaffer
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Israel is fighting hamas and hezbollah who are supported by ALL the muslim countries and two thirds of the un. You don't think we should help them defend themselves? They are doing their own fighting, we just supply the materials.

3000 rockets a month are launched at Israel. How long would you want to live under that? The rockets are launched from populated areas so that a strike against them will kill lots of innocent people. How long would you put up with attacks like that until you finally took action? Is striking the launch sites a terrorist act?

Try answering the questions without changing the subject or spouting your jew hatred.

Here you go gabby. Read it again and answer the goddamn questions. Don't change the subject, don't ask questions yourself.

It would be nice if just once a liberal would answer a straight forward question with a straight forward answer.

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
"Jew hatred"? How in hell did I end up with "Jew hatred"? Because I criticize Israel?
Last time I checked, Israel was supported by the majority of the U.N. Including all the key members of the Security Council (with the exception of Russia). We already supply a ton of material for Israel.
The two sides are good as firing rockets at each other. As well as shooting at each other and bombing each other.
The problem that you are looking at this as a biased observer. I don't stand for either side. I think both sides are terrorists.
I could care less if Hezbollah or Hamas leaders get knocked out. Nor would I care if any Israeli leaders get knocked out.
There is no reason for us to support either side, as long as they refuse to control their respective militant factions.

manu1959
02-16-2008, 05:53 PM
"Jew hatred"? How in hell did I end up with "Jew hatred"? Because I criticize Israel?
Last time I checked, Israel was supported by the majority of the U.N. Including all the key members of the Security Council (with the exception of Russia). We already supply a ton of material for Israel.
The two sides are good as firing rockets at each other. As well as shooting at each other and bombing each other.
The problem that you are looking at this as a biased observer. I don't stand for either side. I think both sides are terrorists.
I could care less if Hezbollah or Hamas leaders get knocked out. Nor would I care if any Israeli leaders get knocked out.
There is no reason for us to support either side, as long as they refuse to control their respective militant factions.

interesting.....is a nation allowed to defend itself....

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Of course. Shouldn't both be allowed to defend themselves? Do they even remember who shot first anymore?

manu1959
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Of course. Shouldn't both be allowed to defend themselves? Do they even remember who shot first anymore?

israel was attacked on the first day it was created....

Gaffer
02-16-2008, 07:48 PM

You still didn't ANSWER the questions. You went off on another tangent.

hamas launches 3000 rockets a month at Israel. Not at leaders. At regular people trying to make a living. They hit schools businesses and homes. Isreael strikes back a couple of times with precision strikes aimed at causing a minimum of innocent deaths. There is no reason for us to support hamas, a terroist organization that has murderer thousands, including Americans. There is every reason to support Israel against hamas. If that's bias then so be it. I'm bias as hell. And if you can't see the obvious difference between hamas and Israel then you are a jew hater.

Now reread those questions and answer them one at a time. Type out the question, then type out the answer. Maybe that way you can keep your train of thought.

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Perhaps I didn't answer the questions to your specific satisfaction, but I did answer the question. You are looking at the situation through one-way glasses. It's not singular terrorism.
You love to cite the right-wing blogs and Israeli propaganda sites. Both sides have it. Perhaps you should look.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/870649.html

http://www.mediamonitors.net/hanania21.html

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Herman%20/IsraelSacredTerror_Herman.html

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9233.shtml

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/08/israel.gaza/index.html

actsnoblemartin
02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Youre so simplistic,

Kathianne
02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Youre so simplistic.

:poke:

Martin, wouldn't the first 3 words have sufficed? Why the personal attacks?

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 12:00 AM
It is not morally equilavent.

Youre just putting islamic terrorist proganda on here.

While there are some jews, who commit terrorist acts, the vast majority of jews, dont while with palestinians, its the other way around.

Their cultures teachers kids jihad is the equivalent of our barney, while israel kids are not taught to hate them.

You are not a bright woman, or person for that matter.

Perhaps I didn't answer the questions to your specific satisfaction, but I did answer the question. You are looking at the situation through one-way glasses. It's not singular terrorism.
You love to cite the right-wing blogs and Israeli propaganda sites. Both sides have it. Perhaps you should look.

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Youre right, I edited it.

Martin, wouldn't the first 3 words have sufficed? Why the personal attacks?

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Youre right, I edited it.

Cool. I'll edit mine. ;)

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=gabosaurus;202644]"Jew hatred"? How in hell did I end up with "Jew hatred"? Because I criticize Israel?

ME: You dont condemn a policy, you condemn its right to defend itself as, and its existence as a terroristic state, when you say they are morally equivalent.

Last time I checked, Israel was supported by the majority of the U.N.
Including all the key members of the Security Council (with the exception of Russia).

ME: wrong again, look it up, the u.n. has been against israel for a very long time

We already supply a ton of material for Israel.

ME: yes because we are their ally

The two sides are good as firing rockets at each other.

ME: wrong we dont fire indiscriminate rockets at hope civilians die, hamas does

As well as shooting at each other

ME: wrong, we shoot to kill terrorists, they shoot to kill all of our people

and bombing each other.

ME: wrong, they try to kill innocent civilians, we go after terrorists

ME: you think both sides are terrrorists, because you have NO IDEA what your talking about, and no sense of history, or common sense on this issue.

I could care less if Hezbollah or Hamas leaders get knocked out.

ME: Nor would I care if any Israeli leaders get knocked out.

If israeli leaders were knocked out by hamas, a 2nd holocaust would occurt, perhaps it really is too hard for you to think, because it would mean you judging someone, and a good little liberal cant do that, can they?

ME: that is a line of bullshit, israel is not a militant faction, it has a military that goes after terrorists, terrorists who normally hide out in large civilian populations, if youre too stupid to know the difference between that, and palestinian thugs, who blow up kids in pizza parlors, then :fu:, you really are a brain washed idiot

Gaffer
02-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Still didn't answer the questions. Saying that you did doesn't count.

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
She might as well be talking out of her bum, because she doesnt have a clue about the arab-israeli conflict in which i mean, the arabs want to kill the jews.

Still didn't answer the questions. Saying that you did doesn't count.

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
So you are saying that the jews don't want to kill the arabs?
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
So you are saying that the jews don't want to kill the arabs?
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Which side has been agreeable to a 2 state solution? Which voluntarily gave up land? Which keeps breaking all the agreements?

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Which side has been agreeable to a 2 state solution? Which voluntarily gave up land? Which keeps breaking all the agreements?

Depends on who you are talking about. The moderate factions of both sides want to talk peace. The extremist factions of both sides want to keep killing each other.

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Depends on who you are talking about. The moderate factions of both sides want to talk peace. The extremist factions of both sides want to keep killing each other.

The difference is that Israel's extremists are only small in number by percentages, there is a government ready to control them and that government is committed to working towards peace.