PDA

View Full Version : Belichick's been taping since 2000

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 01:27 PM
The Associated Press reports New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has been illegally taping since 2000, according to Senator Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday, Feb. 13. "There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over," Specter said.

Additional source: LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/13/specter.goodell.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl)

Glad these guys blew it in the super bowl, and that shitbag Belichik should be banned from coaching.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree Evil, but Goodell won't do anything but stall and hope it goes away.

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree Evil, but Goodell won't do anything but stall and hope it goes away.

Yep, probably so but still a shame that this stuff slips through. You have to wonder at this point just how good the Pats really are. With the talent they have it was kind of stupid to cheat for a competative edge.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Yep, probably so but still a shame that this stuff slips through. You have to wonder at this point just how good the Pats really are. With the talent they have it was kind of stupid to cheat for a competative edge.

My husband, an Eagles fan, sure is curious about how far back this taping goes.

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
My husband, an Eagles fan, sure is curious about how far back this taping goes.

Before the two met in the super bowl. I would feel a little ripped off.

jackass
02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
You have to wonder at this point just how good the Pats really are. With the talent they have it was kind of stupid to cheat for a competative edge.

Hey, if I knew what plays the other team was gonna run, I bet me and my friends would look pretty good too!

Sir Evil
02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey, if I knew what plays the other team was gonna run, I bet me and my friends would look pretty good too!

Even better that your Giants took it to the N.E Cheaters! :thumb:

jackass
02-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Even better that your Giants took it to the N.E Cheaters! :thumb:

I think we taped them!! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
I think we taped them!! :laugh2:

Yeah, we taped them cryin' afterwards. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I knew there was a reason I didn't like Belli-cheat!

actsnoblemartin
02-16-2008, 11:55 PM
the patriots should lose all their superbowls

Additional source: LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/13/specter.goodell.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl)

Glad these guys blew it in the super bowl, and that shitbag Belichik should be banned from coaching.

pegwinn
02-17-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't get into the arcane politics of football so go easy.

Is there a law that says you cannot observe and take notes on the other teams? Back in the day (1974) when I played football in gradeschool, we actually had game films.

So what if he taped anything. Skill and ability are what counts.

If I am off base, educate me.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
I don't get into the arcane politics of football so go easy.

Is there a law that says you cannot observe and take notes on the other teams? Back in the day (1974) when I played football in gradeschool, we actually had game films.

So what if he taped anything. Skill and ability are what counts.

If I am off base, educate me.

Yes, in fact there is an NFL rule that you cannot videotape the other team's signals. A rule which the Cheaters broke. Period. They were doing it on the sly for that reason. They gave Goodell only six tapes (though their notes say they were doing it since 2001), and Goodell proceeded to destroy the tapes.

pegwinn
02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, in fact there is an NFL rule that you cannot videotape the other team's signals. A rule which the Cheaters broke. Period. They were doing it on the sly for that reason. They gave Goodell only six tapes (though their notes say they were doing it since 2001), and Goodell proceeded to destroy the tapes.

Ah well, that changes things a bit. I would say that the NFL needs to sanction him with a big money fine. But, OTOH, I don't think Congress has any business getting involved. JMO

Thanks for the info.

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Change this to tape, and the face scream belli-chat doesnt it :read: