nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: Source says Romney made decision "in the interest of healing"
NEW: Romney expected to make announcement at 3:30 p.m. ET
Romney had collected 286 delegates before suspending his campaign
Those delegates put McCain within 78 of securing GOP nomination

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/romney.mccain/index.html

That all but cinches the nomination. I don't think it will be long before Huckabee follows suit.

I wonder if some deal was reached?

hjmick
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
They say Romney will be announcing his endorsemnt of McCain at 3:30ET today.

Romney to endorse McCain (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UQ8TH00&show_article=1)

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 02:08 PM
They say Romney will be announcing his endorsemnt of McCain at 3:30ET today.

Romney to endorse McCain (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UQ8TH00&show_article=1)

Copycat. :laugh2: It's also on CNN

Immanuel
02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Story Highlights

That all but cinches the nomination. I don't think it will be long before Huckabee follows suit.

Wow! Romney's going to endorse McCain!? Well, that settles it, I'm voting for McCain. How do you like them apples, PR?

Immie

PS if you read any of my earlier comments about McCain, you have to know this is a joke.

02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
not really a surprise. he said he was suspending his campaign to unite the party and he is doing what he said. You don't see that very often in a political figure.

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
not really a surprise. he said he was suspending his campaign to unite the party and he is doing what he said. You don't see that very often in a political figure.

Yea but Beth meyers(His Campaign Manager) stated right after he suspended his campaign that he was going to wait until after the Convention to endorse a candidate. I am very surprised by this.

Either one of two things happened, some deal has happened and Senator McCain promised to take Mitt Romney with him in some way either Vice-President or another position or option B Mitt Romney endorsed him to help bring Conservatives into McCain so the party doesn't split in half(more likely).

I wonder if Hucklebee will realize the game is over and do the same thing so we can start the fight against the Dark Side early before the Convention>

manu1959
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
interesting.......smells like mccain did an end run on the huckster and

mccain romney or mcromney will be up against o'hillary......

was i right or was i right....:laugh2:

02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Yea but Beth meyers(His Campaign Manager) stated right after he suspended his campaign that he was going to wait until after the Convention to endorse a candidate. I am very surprised by this.

Either one of two things happened, some deal has happened and Senator McCain promised to take Mitt Romney with him in some way either Vice-President or another position or option B Mitt Romney endorsed him to help bring Conservatives into McCain so the party doesn't split in half(more likely).

I wonder if Hucklebee will realize the game is over and do the same thing so we can start the fight against the Dark Side early before the Convention>

The Huckabee supporters I've seen (keep in mind these are people from other boards and i mean no disrespect to the Huckabee supporter on this board) have been whining about how Romney has screwed over conservatives by uniting behind McCain like he said he would. Apparently he is selling "conservatives" out by not supporting Huckabee. Nevermind that Huckabee is about 400 times more liberal than McCain.

I dont think Romney expects the Vice Presidency. I dont think he'd turn it down if offered. but I dont think he is expecting it. He just doesnt want to see the Democrats win.

Black Lance
02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
A deal was probably made. MCLame is now officially the Republican nominee.

Meaning that either Obama, Clinton or McCain will be the next President of the United States. :alcoholic:

Yurt
02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Copycat. :laugh2: It's also on CNN

you both posted at the same time

:poke:

DrJohn
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM

I agree that this is not really a surprise.
He's just trying to help the GOP in any way that he can because he knows that the dems are going to win.

02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
He's just trying to help the GOP in any way that he can because he knows that the dems are going to win.

nothing is set in stone, but the chances are high that we will have a Democrat win.

PostmodernProphet
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
nothing is set in stone, but the chances are high that we will have a Democrat win.

there are many ways the Dems can screw it up between now and November.....

nevadamedic
02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
The Huckabee supporters I've seen (keep in mind these are people from other boards and i mean no disrespect to the Huckabee supporter on this board) have been whining about how Romney has screwed over conservatives by uniting behind McCain like he said he would. Apparently he is selling "conservatives" out by not supporting Huckabee. Nevermind that Huckabee is about 400 times more liberal than McCain.

I dont think Romney expects the Vice Presidency. I dont think he'd turn it down if offered. but I dont think he is expecting it. He just doesnt want to see the Democrats win.

I don't think he would turn it down either, but I don't know if Senator McCain would make that offer. Granted I don't care for Romney but I do think he would make a good Vice President or Secretary of State. I would like to see Senator McCain bring him along in some sort of way and if not I am sure he could run for Congress or Senate in his home state and win, he would be better then the two knuckleheads that are there now.

Very doubtful. Senator McCain can get the Independant support needed. There is a big rift in the Democratic Party right now. Most Democrats don't have a problem voting for Senator McCain at all. This poses a problem for the Democratic candidate. Look at Florida and Michigan who got their Deligates taken away from them, they feel screwed and are pissed off at the Democratic party and the DNC, those would be two states the Democrat's can't afford to lose in the election and they have almost lost them already.

Now onto the Super Deligate issue. If the Super Deligates go the opposite way of the voters the Democratic voters are going to go apeshit and either A) Not Vote or B) Vote for Senator McCain, either way we win. They are already speaking harshly about the Super Deligates as they are afraid that they will go against the voters at the Convention if Obama Bin Laden wins the popular vote. If that happens it will be a beautiful day.

there are many ways the Dems can screw it up between now and November.....

I just listed a few.

Black Lance
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM

Perhaps in exchange for party support in 2012 or 2016.

red states rule
02-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Story Highlights

As McCain drives the GOP buis over the cliff. Romney is giving him directions