PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers propose legal clinic for gay, transgender clients

nevadamedic
02-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Story Highlights

Legal clinic would serve gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Marylanders
Would be first of its kind in the state, one of few in the country, organizers say
Organizers hope to raise $250,000 to open clinic in September

Advocacy groups address specific policy issues such as same-sex marriage or legal problems related to AIDS/HIV.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/13/gender.legal.clinic.ap/index.html

See, so they admit that Hiv\Aids is a big problem withing the Gay community.

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Why is this news?

Dilloduck
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Why is this news?

---asks the lady who just announced her affection for shower heads. :laugh2:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Why is this news?

cuz cnn says it and from the article....

Organizers of the Maryland clinic said some of the legal service needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people rise out of their inability to marry.....

if only they could marry they wouldn't need special legal advice.....

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Like that makes this newsworthy :rolleyes:

manu1959
02-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Like that makes this newsworthy :rolleyes:

you keep calling cnn a news outlet......maybe that is the issue....

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Says the person who watches the one-sided Fox Network.

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2008, 10:29 PM
How about we have a special whites only legal center, or heterosexual only, or christian only, or some other lame ass only center.

Im gay, i want special rights, wah wah wah

Story Highlights

Legal clinic would serve gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Marylanders
Would be first of its kind in the state, one of few in the country, organizers say
Organizers hope to raise $250,000 to open clinic in September

Advocacy groups address specific policy issues such as same-sex marriage or legal problems related to AIDS/HIV.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/13/gender.legal.clinic.ap/index.html

See, so they admit that Hiv\Aids is a big problem withing the Gay community.

Immanuel
02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
How about we have a special whites only legal center, or heterosexual only, or christian only, or some other lame ass only center.

Im gay, i want special rights, wah wah wah

FYI: I don't know of any whites only centers. I can't think of any reason why heterosexuals would need to classify themselves but there is a Christian only center. I believe it is The American Center for Law and Justice. I imagine there are others out there as well. The ACLJ is very similar to the ACLU.

http://www.aclj.org/

Immie

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Good point, the aclj is for christians, because their rights are being violated but they are a christian group.

Im just not convinced, every group needs its own lawyers.

FYI: I don't know of any whites only centers. I can't think of any reason why heterosexuals would need to classify themselves but there is a Christian only center. I believe it is The American Center for Law and Justice. I imagine there are others out there as well. The ACLJ is very similar to the ACLU.

http://www.aclj.org/

Immie

Immanuel
02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Good point, the aclj is for christians, because their rights are being violated but they are a christian group.

You're absolutely right, but I will say, that I believe that at this point in history gays and lesbians are a group that can be said to benefit from and are in need of such a center.

Immie

Lee~*
02-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Why not??? Looks to me like there are plenty of lawyers to go around! :laugh2:
Q. what do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the sea?
A. A good start!

L~* :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
fair enough, I agree that gays could benefit from, and are probably in need of such a center.

My argument was more of a slippery slope argument, but i am not gonna picket a gay center.

:coffee:

You're absolutely right, but I will say, that I believe that at this point in history gays and lesbians are a group that can be said to benefit from and are in need of such a center.

Immie

Immanuel
02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Why not??? Looks to me like there are plenty of lawyers to go around! :laugh2:
Q. what do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the sea?
A. A good start!

L~* :laugh2:

I would have said,

A. a severe pollution issue.

But, I have worked for attorneys and I will say that while they are the brunt of many jokes, the ones I have worked for, have been very good to their employees.

Immie

Lee~*
02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
---asks the lady who just announced her affection for shower heads. :laugh2:
Hummmm ... naw, I ain't going there! LOL Lee

Dilloduck
02-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Hummmm ... naw, I ain't going there! LOL Lee

See thread on Texas banning sex toys LOL. No one will look :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Stand up for your rights, Dillo! Don't let them take away your sex toys!

Lee~*
02-16-2008, 12:45 AM
See thread on Texas banning sex toys LOL. No one will look :laugh2:OMG! Here we go again ... this is what I have been talking about in those other threads ... government sticking its nose in where it has absolutely NO business! I've got to go look this one up! What, are sex toys creating a threat to public safety? Or are we back to legislating morality? And if so, what the heck is immoral about a sex toy unless you are some PRUDE, missionary position only religious fanatic? Ah ha, I just had a thought ... I guess you could put a dildo in your coat pocket and hold up a liquor store or a gas station! "Give me all your money or I'll vibrate you to death" Hell of a way to go!

The more I know people, the more I like my critters! Lee~*

nevadamedic
02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
cuz cnn says it and from the article....

Organizers of the Maryland clinic said some of the legal service needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people rise out of their inability to marry.....

if only they could marry they wouldn't need special legal advice.....

You left out the HIV\AIDS part.