PDA

View Full Version : Bus driver abandons parolees in Texas

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
A Greyhound bus driver transporting a group of parolees to Dallas pulled over at a convenience store in Corsicana (an hour south of Dallas) and abandoned the bus there. The driver stated that her shift was over and she was unable to proceed any further.

http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/local/local_story_046010307.html

hjmick
02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Considering the strict rules both bus drivers and truck drivers are supposed to adhere to, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. My guess is the bus driver will be either reprimanded or fired for abandoning the bus rather than stopping the journey. At the very least I would expect that she would have been required to stay with the bus until a new driver arrived on scene.

Nice that the parolees behaved themselves. So much so that a trooper described their behavior as "exemplary."

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
If I had just been released on parole, I don't know if I would have left the bus to go to the bathroom. I would be happy to be out of the joint.

Yurt
02-15-2008, 03:42 PM
If I had just been released on parole, I don't know if I would have left the bus to go to the bathroom. I would be happy to be out of the joint.

...you said joint