PDA

View Full Version : *Maybe She Should Hurry And Come Right Out And Say It: Bill for VP.*

chesswarsnow
02-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Looks like Hillary's back is against the wall now.:dance:

2. She better be prepared to fall on the sword soon.
3. And say it point blank that her choice for the VP spot is no other than *Bill Clinton*.
4. Otherwise this time she will sink all by herself.
5. And I think he owes her that much.
6. To go down with the ship right along side the battle axe.
7. To watch the ball and chain, along with the whole kit and caboodle sinking down into despair together instead of only her, would be much more agreeable for the world to except.
8. And she will also need to add this one statement, that if she is elected, she promises to exit stage left with an untimely death so her dear husband can be President again, just like his glory days, *Re~Lived*.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 07:41 PM
bill can't be vp the 22nd amendment (or wich ever one it is) prevents it .... as does the 12th..."But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

hjmick
02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
bill can't be vp the 22nd amendment (or wich ever one it is) prevents it ....

Actually, there has been some debate about that. Some legal experts believe that the presidential term limit embedded in the Constitution bars someone such as Clinton from returning to the White House even as VP. Other experts call say that that is a misreading of the literal language of the law.

Under Article II of the Constitution, a person is "eligible to the Office of President" as long as he or she is a natural-born U.S. citizen, at least 35 years old and a resident of the United States for 14 years. The 12th Amendment says "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President." this makes sense because the VP could, obviously inherit the Oval office in the event the President croaks.

Congress and the states added the 22nd Amendment in 1951 to prevent anyone from following the example of Franklin D. Roosevelt. That's where things get questionable for the experst. "No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice," the 22nd Amendment says. On the surface, that would seem to imply that Clinton could be vice president because he is only barred from being elected president a third time, not from serving as president. Or so say some legal eagles.

By preventing individuals from being elected to the presidency more than twice, the amendment does not necessarily exclude a former president from again assuming the presidency by some means other than election, including succession from the vice presidency. If this view is correct, then B.J. Clinton is not constitutionally ineligible to the office of president, and is not barred by the 12th Amendment from being elected vice president.

Then again, one could argue that since the vice president is elected, should he take office he would be in effect elected president. Electing a vice president means electing a vice president and contingently electing him as president.

I guess it all depends on what your definition of "elected" is.

Yurt
02-15-2008, 08:23 PM
interesting hjmick. good analysis.

i don't think even hillary is stupid enough to have bildo has her running mate, i mean, how faithful a mate could he be?

JohnDoe
02-15-2008, 08:28 PM
She might go with Wesley Clark, or Richardson... is my best guess.

manu1959
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
She might go with Wesley Clark, or Richardson... is my best guess.

she might do a lot of things in the future....don't see picking a vp as one of them......

JohnDoe
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
she might do a lot of things in the future....don't see picking a vp as one of them......
That's true, Obama looks like he has it wrapped up, just like it looked as though Hillary had it wrapped up early on....

i thought Dean had the 2004 nomination wrapped up, but that didn't happen either!

one thing i have learned on this is:

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.... ;)

jd

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:00 PM
That's true, Obama looks like he has it wrapped up, just like it looked as though Hillary had it wrapped up early on....

i thought Dean had the 2004 nomination wrapped up, but that didn't happen either!

jd

so what you are saying is whoever you are for gets smoked....:poke:

gabosaurus
02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I am always thankful
For the laughs I get
Out of posts made
by CWN
Even though he flip flopped
On his promise to
Leave this board forever

JohnDoe
02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
so what you are saying is whoever you are for gets smoked....:poke:

hahahahahahahahahahaha! Pretty much the case!!! Why I bother being interested in all this stuff is beyond me at this point in the game!!!!

jd

manu1959
02-15-2008, 09:20 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha! Pretty much the case!!! Why I bother being interested in all this stuff is beyond me at this point in the game!!!!

jd

actually somebody could make a lot of money off you.....

so who do you like this year in the world series.....

Kathianne
02-15-2008, 09:24 PM

so who do you like this year in the world series.....

High five!

JohnDoe
02-15-2008, 09:53 PM
so who do you like this year in the world series.....Hey! I could get rich off me!!! Not a bad idea!! But ONLY if i keep mum, will i get richer quicker, so the odds stay high on the loser!!! in other words, NO COMMENT on the world series....I am a selfish bit*ch!!!!:laugh2:

jd

red states rule
02-16-2008, 06:10 AM

jd

Dems will win UNLESS, Clinton Inc decide to try and screw Obama out of the nomination JD. We all know the Clintons will do whatever it takes to win. They wil lie, cheat, steal, smear, and screw over anyone they have to

And Hillary is not done singing yet

If they do, 90% of the black vote will be so pissed off. Will they stay home or vote for McCain out of anger?

red states rule
02-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Looks like Hillary's back is against the wall now.:dance:

2. She better be prepared to fall on the sword soon.
3. And say it point blank that her choice for the VP spot is no other than *Bill Clinton*.
4. Otherwise this time she will sink all by herself.
5. And I think he owes her that much.
6. To go down with the ship right along side the battle axe.
7. To watch the ball and chain, along with the whole kit and caboodle sinking down into despair together instead of only her, would be much more agreeable for the world to except.
8. And she will also need to add this one statement, that if she is elected, she promises to exit stage left with an untimely death so her dear husband can be President again, just like his glory days, *Re~Lived*.

As he is right now, Bill will continue to be in charge of foreign and domestic "affairs"