PDA

View Full Version : *New York Slimes/Times: Tanking, Hehehehe,.....*

chesswarsnow
02-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well well well, looks like the bird cage paper is tanking.
2. They have to fire over 100, and stock prices have dropped from over 50.00 to less than 20.00.
3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Read All About It, HERE:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/business/media/15times.html?ei=5065&en=6e060f6964c7525f&ex=1203742800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

"

The Times Company stock, which topped $52 in mid-2002, sank below $15 in January. The interest of the hedge funds has generated a slight rebound. Shares closed at $18.84 Thursday, partly in response to news of the probable layoffs.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
02-16-2008, 06:02 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well well well, looks like the bird cage paper is tanking.
2. They have to fire over 100, and stock prices have dropped from over 50.00 to less than 20.00.
3. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Read All About It, HERE:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/business/media/15times.html?ei=5065&en=6e060f6964c7525f&ex=1203742800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

"

The Times Company stock, which topped $52 in mid-2002, sank below $15 in January. The interest of the hedge funds has generated a slight rebound. Shares closed at $18.84 Thursday, partly in response to news of the probable layoffs.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Another example of people turning off or ignoring the liberal media

Meanwhile Fox News, and talk radio continue to grow and add viewers/listeners

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. New York Slimes Trying To Sell More Papers Today.
2. Slime Balled McCain.
3. Will End Up Rallying More Real Republicans To Him.
4. READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE:http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2007/12/20/20071220_155408_flashnyt.htm

"

MEDIA FIREWORKS: MCCAIN PLEADS WITH NY TIMES TO SPIKE STORY
Thu Dec 20 2007 10:49:27 ET

Just weeks away from a possible surprise victory in the primaries, Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz has been waging a ferocious behind the scenes battle with the NEW YORK TIMES, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, and has hired DC power lawyer Bob Bennett to mount a bold defense against charges of giving special treatment to a lobbyist!

McCain has personally pleaded with NY TIMES editor Bill Keller not to publish the high-impact report involving key telecom legislation before the Senate Commerce Committee, newsroom insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

The paper's Jim Rutenberg has been leading the investigation and is described as beyond frustrated with McCain's aggressive and angry efforts to stop any and all publication.

The drama involves a woman lobbyist who may have helped to write key telecom legislation. The woman in question has retained counsel and strongly denies receiving any special treatment from McCain.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
02-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Would be nice to see the times go out of business. They'll be joining air America in bankruptcy soon.

glockmail
02-21-2008, 10:30 AM
They called me two years ago and asked me to subscribe. Talk about desparation. :lol:

red states rule
02-23-2008, 06:22 AM
They called me two years ago and asked me to subscribe. Talk about desparation. :lol:

Since the DNC Times likes to publish classified information on US national security, perhaps the DNC Times can offer bulk subscriptions to terrorist training camps so the terrorists can make sure their terrorist safe house wil remain safe

Joe Steel
02-23-2008, 06:55 AM
For years the NY Times has been trying to attract conservatives by adopting a conservative bias. Now it's having an effect. Liberals are leaving and most conservatives can't read so the paper is facing hard times.

red states rule
02-23-2008, 06:57 AM
For years the NY Times has been trying to attract conservatives by adopting a conservative bias. Now it's having an effect. Liberals are leaving and most conservatives can't read so circulation is dropping.

Conservative bias - my you are really full of it today

red states rule
02-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Here is something you probably believe Joe

Behar Wonders: 'Right Wing' Planted McCain Story?
By Justin McCarthy | February 21, 2008 - 11:30 ET

Discussing the recent New York Times smear of John McCain and alleged inappropriate relationship with lobbyist Vicki Iseman, "View" co-host Joy Behar, who floated conspiracy theories in the past, floated another one today.

"Is there any possibility that- I'm just throwing this out, and Bill O'Reilly will call me a 'pinhead' for this. But is there any possibility that the right wing of the party, the real conservative Limbaugh, Huckabee, that group, planted this article? Like they're behind it? Because they're too trying to cut his legs off."

Audio available here.

The show led off with The New York Times story. Joy Behar, to her credit, did express some skepticism of the report believing Iseman “has an ax to grind.” Elisabeth Hasselbeck attacked the Times’ liberal bias adding that this is a “smear campaign.” Barbara Walters stepped in to defend the Times adding the delayed release maybe because “ they had to get all of their facts together” and she was “not sure that it was a malicious attempt on The New York Times to do it right now.” Hasselbeck added that she did indeed feel it was a malicious attempt.

for the complete article and to watch the video

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/justin-mccarthy/2008/02/21/joy-behar-questions-if-right-wing-planted-mccain-story

Joe Steel
02-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Here is something you probably believe Joe

Behar Wonders: 'Right Wing' Planted McCain Story?
By Justin McCarthy | February 21, 2008 - 11:30 ET

I don't know if anyone "planted" the story. I do know Drudge reported on it and the NY Times is said to have printed it now because The New Republic was going to make an issue of it. Both of those are conservative outlets, Drudge more than the The New Republic.

Who knows. Maybe the Times was just trying to get back to reporting the news rather than pandering. McCain is owned by lobbyists and maybe the Times just saw a good story.

red states rule
02-23-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't know if anyone "planted" the story. I do know Drudge reported on it and the NY Times is said to have printed it now because The New Republic was going to make an issue of it. Both of those are conservative outlets, Drudge more than the The New Republic.

Who knows. Maybe the Times was just trying to get back to reporting the news rather than pandering. McCain is owned by lobbyists and maybe the Times just saw a good story.

Or the DNC Times was doing what is always does - smear and slime Republcians

The DNC Times proved nothing - just like you do on a daily basis

Joe Steel
02-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Or the DNC Times was doing what is always does - smear and slime Republcians

The DNC Times proved nothing - just like you do on a daily basis

Proof? Newspapers don't have to prove anything. Newspapers are supposed to report facts their readers would like have. The Times did and now the world knows more about McCain's willingness to trade political influence for whatever has value.

red states rule
02-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Proof? Newspapers don't have to prove anything. Newspapers are supposed to report facts their readers would like have. The Times did and now the world knows more about McCain's willingness to trade political influence for whatever has value.

The DNC Times ran a story using 2 unamed sources who think something was between McCain and the girl

They do not have to have anyt proof before they run it? There were NO FACTS in the story Joe - not a sigle one

I remember how the DNC TImes ignored a story about a another Presidential candidate who did cheat on his wife - and was accused of rape by another

But being a liberal Dem, the DNC Times did not bother running either story

Joe Steel
02-23-2008, 07:48 AM
The DNC Times ran a story using 2 unamed sources who think something was between McCain and the girl

They do not have to have anyt proof before they run it? There were NO FACTS in the story Joe - not a sigle one

I remember how the DNC TImes ignored a story about a another Presidential candidate who did cheat on his wife - and was accused of rape by another

But being a liberal Dem, the DNC Times did not bother running either story

The story had plenty of facts. I didn't know about Iseman or McCain's relationships with lobbyists before I read the story. Secondly, anonymous reporting is the way political coverage works. Without it we would know far less about how our government works. The burden is on the reader to evaluate the story. Don't take everything at face value. Read and research. I did and I found out a lot.

red states rule
02-23-2008, 07:50 AM
The story had plenty of facts. I didn't know about Iseman or McCain's relationships with lobbyists before I read the story. Secondly, anonymous reporting is the way political coverage works. Without it we would know far less about how our government works. The burden is on the reader to evaluate the story. Don't take everything at face value. Read and research. I did and I found out a lot.

Try naming some of those facts Joe

BTW, where is the DNC TImes on this story?

Hazards of Borrowing Private Jets
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

By John Gibson

You may have noticed the biggest and best perk for any aspiring movie star, rock mogul or corporate big shot is moving from flying commercial to flying private.

As Barack Obama said in one of his books private jet travel is great. It's so convenient. It's so, well, private — nobody but you and your friends on the plane. It goes when you're ready to go.

But it takes a lot of money to have a private jet, even a small one, and even part time. Way, way more than a first-class ticket flying commercial.

Even a guy like Bill Clinton — who has made millions giving speeches since he left office — still can't afford his own private jet.

So Bubba has been flying OPJ — Other People's Jets.

In fact, Bill Clinton has gotten himself hooked up with a Canadian mining mogul named Frank Giustra evidently because Giustra has a big private jet. And he seems to let Bubba use it about anytime he wants for anything he wants.

The former president flies to paid speeches on it, he flies to fund-raise for Hillary and he flies to raise millions for the Clinton Foundation.

Giustra is such a generous guy with his private jet. It costs thousands and thousands per hour to operate. But Giustra evidently says, hey, who's counting?

Giustra was trying to move along a half-billion dollar deal with Kazakhstan to mine uranium fields in that country.

His new best friend, Bill Clinton, the same one who uses his jet all the time, just happened to know the president of Kazakhstan so they flew off to Almaty, Kazakhstan’s largest city, and they had dinner with president Nazarbayev, who is reputed to be one of the most corrupt leaders of a country in the world.

Giustra's half-billion dollar deal came though and Clinton got a half-million dollar check from Nazarbayev for his Clinton Foundation. God only knows what the president of Kazakhstan got.

It's nice to know people with private jets, isn't it? Nicer still to know a former president of the United States who likes private jets.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331562,00.html

chesswarsnow
02-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Seems like BJ Clinton is nothing but a PJW.
2. *Private Jet Whore*.
3. Thats shows what type of person this low life is.
4. Total lack of integrity.
5. I would say his integrity was on the floor, but there is no sign he even has it in the first place.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Seems like BJ Clinton is nothing but a PJW.
2. *Private Jet Whore*.
3. Thats shows what type of person this low life is.
4. Total lack of integrity.
5. I would say his integrity was on the floor, but there is no sign he even has it in the first place.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It is called the objective liberal journalism

Circle the wagons around the Dems while unleashing any attack possible on a Republican

diuretic
02-23-2008, 09:47 AM
For years the NY Times has been trying to attract conservatives by adopting a conservative bias. Now it's having an effect. Liberals are leaving and most conservatives can't read so the paper is facing hard times.

:laugh2: Maybe they could use bigger print and smaller words???? :laugh2:

red states rule
02-23-2008, 09:50 AM
:laugh2: Maybe they could use bigger print and smaller words???? :laugh2:

That would help the Obama followers understand what the DNC Times publishes

Both Obama and the DNC Times never mix specifics and facts in their talking points

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:00 AM

You are one stoopid dude.:lol:

02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Conservative bias - my you are really full of it today

Keep in mind, he supports Ralph Nader. His biases blind him to facts. But that's true of most people isnt it?

02-25-2008, 01:14 PM

Actually, newspapers are supposed to print facts period. Whether people like them or not is irrelevant. Because the news is facts. The news is what happened.

So yes, they do have to prove something. Otherwise they aren't facts.

Joe Steel
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
You are one stoopid dude.:lol:

What's you point, dumbass?

Joe Steel
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Actually, newspapers are supposed to print facts period. Whether people like them or not is irrelevant. Because the news is facts. The news is what happened.

So yes, they do have to prove something. Otherwise they aren't facts.

I didn't say "like them." I meant to say "like (to) have." There's a big difference.

Proof comes from argument not mere facts.

02-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't say "like them." I meant to say "like (to) have." There's a big difference.

Using innuendo to slander others is not fact nor proof.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
What's you point, dumbass? That you are one stoopid dude. Thanks for proving it yet again.

Kathianne
02-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Just to gloat a bit:

http://pajamasmedia.com/2008/02/new_york_times_company_shakeup.php

The New York Times published the shoddy McCain-Iseman story the very same day the Sulzberger family fought to stave off an attempt on behalf of investors to alter the board of directors at the NY Times Company. Coincidence? Craig Karpel doesn’t think so....

There is a lot more...

manu1959
02-27-2008, 12:37 AM

facts do not need to be defend with arguments....facts speak for themsleves....

Yurt
02-27-2008, 12:41 AM
facts do not need to be defend with arguments....facts speak for themsleves....

what about adjucated facts?