PDA

View Full Version : A paid political announcement from Barack Obama

Little-Acorn
02-16-2008, 01:36 AM
My fellow Identity-Americans:

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for their ... well, support.

Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Momar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee he was having an extra marital affair with who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking.

It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart.

So when you go to vote in the primaries, remember don't think, just do.

And do it for me.

Thank You.

stephanie
02-16-2008, 02:07 AM
:clap:

DragonStryk72
02-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Where do I begin here.... He couldn't do worse at this point than Bush has done. Now, before I go further into that, two points: 1) Bush is not a Republican, seeing as he has reduced the powers of both the Senate, and House of Representatives while increasing the power of the presidency (Republics have their main power in the Senate), and 2) He is not a conservative. In order to be a conservative, you have to conserve something: He has spent more money than any president that has come before, he has had more scandals, across wider spectrums than any prior president, has decreased personal liberty, and has, by his own words, been, "a divider, not a uniter".

I didn't demonize Bush for his youthful screws ups, Lord knows pretty much everyone's screwed up somewhere in their early 20s (my dad is a 27 year recovering alcoholic), and nor will I demonize Obama for it, and when Gore pounced on those against Bush, I turned away from voting dem in 2000.

However, I will admit the flaws when I do see them, and Bush has been given every possible chance he could have been given, and he has screwed them all into the ground. I haven't decided whether I'll vote for Obama or not, I haven't seen enough out of him on his issues, (my current favorite is Ron Paul, a republican, for his support of the FairTax. Yes, I know, he has no shot of winning, but it isn't about voting for who has the best chance of winning, it's about voting for the one that I believe to be best for the job.) but if he can take a stand on his point during the campaign, and stick to them (unlike Kerry in 04), yes, I may be willing to give him a shot.

red states rule
02-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Victor Davis Hanson nails Obama is this op- ed

The Obama mystique
By Victor Davis Hanson

snip

Mr. Obama's later Ivy-League education and political career resemble those of many elites in both parties. While Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, lecture in populist fashion about the burdens of school loans, they are really talking about paying off their two Harvard Law School tuitions, degrees that are not typical of struggling students, but instead government-guaranteed investments in the good life — as their 2006 joint income of nearly a million dollars attests.

Of course, from the little we know about his vague proposals, Mr. Obama certainly seems to offer a different choice from the current administration: quick withdrawal from Iraq, formal talks with Iran and essentially a worldwide conference with the Muslim world to iron out our differences.

At home, Mr. Obama sometimes advocates repealing the Bush tax cuts and raising some revenue through higher taxes — all to pay for vague Great Society government programs for the middle class, students and the poor. But few could list many key differences between Mr. Obama's platform and Hillary Clinton's views.

Where did we get the notion that Mr. Obama is the avatar of change? The answer is again not just that he is part African-American. (A Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, for example, would go nowhere.) Or that he has new policies or ideas. In fact, to the extent Mr. Obama has laid out any details of a program, they aren't any more novel than those of his rivals.

Instead, he is the change candidate for two simple reasons. First, Mr. Obama is fresh, without the albatross of a long political career around his neck. We know little about him — and too much about the others. The more he sticks with generalities, the less he offends particular constituents — without having to make tough choices that day after day might keep offending 49 percent of the electorate.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080216/COMMENTARY/931685143/1012&template=nextpage