PDA

View Full Version : Putin's Torture Colonies

NATO AIR
02-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Not quite a return to the gulag archipelago but disturbing nonetheless. The worst part is with our diminished record on human rights over the past 7 years our protests and/or condemnation of this will not go very far in the world.

Bret Stephens, the foreign affairs columnist in the Wall Street Journal, discusses the article here.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2008/02/video_bret_stephens_discusses.htm

I will not link to the free versions of the article around the web (just Google "Putin's Torture Colonies" and you'll find them everywhere) but I highly suggest reading a copy of it if you can. Its an important op-ed and a sad testament to the state of affairs in Russia.

gabosaurus
02-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Two words: North Korea.
Read about them.

Psychoblues
02-18-2008, 12:36 AM
We could be talking about gitmo, abu ghraib or the untold colonies of American origin that respect and exercise torture. Instead we bring into the conversation the sins of a government that has been for 60 years a declared enemy of the United States of America in an excuse to justify our own sins. You could not be more wrong.

Psychoblues
02-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Checkmate?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 06:25 AM
You are justifying bad behavior by pointing out others bad behaviour

and why every time, someone brings up something about another country, you slam america

we dont need to be reminded were not perfect, we know, stop getting so much enjoyment out nit picking our faults ok :laugh2:

hey look im at 3500, now im only 5,472 behind nm :coffee:

We could be talking about gitmo, abu ghraib or the untold colonies of American origin that respect and exercise torture. Instead we bring into the conversation the sins of a government that has been for 60 years a declared enemy of the United States of America in an excuse to justify our own sins. You could not be more wrong.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Sarcasm: lets not discuss any other country because the united states is bad

Sarcasm: well the u.s. does it too

Sarcasm: we cant judge them, who are we too judge

the united states is the most noble country on earth

:salute:

we have freed more nations then any other on earth, and it sickens me that so many people in this country would rather put our noble country down, and not acknoledge one dam thing it has done right, rather then praise our country and remember the sins of the past, learn from them, and try not to repeat.

You can love youre country, and still not agree with everything that happened.

Maybe their is a liberalville, where everything perfect, and nobodies ever offended.

Im sorry, but it just sickens me, how some people truly seem to hate this country, and/or feel the need to constantly put it down, or interfere in its noble mission to stop human rights abuses around the world because god forbid, were not perfect.

Sometimes, like any country, we make stupid choices, or act badly.

well perfect land, doesnt exist, so love her or leave her i say

and stop obsessing, and salivating at the mouth at every mistake, and imperfection of this land, because we have freedom because people were willing to die, so you could put a knife in her back.

Not quite a return to the gulag archipelago but disturbing nonetheless. The worst part is with our diminished record on human rights over the past 7 years our protests and/or condemnation of this will not go very far in the world.

Bret Stephens, the foreign affairs columnist in the Wall Street Journal, discusses the article here.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2008/02/video_bret_stephens_discusses.htm

I will not link to the free versions of the article around the web (just Google "Putin's Torture Colonies" and you'll find them everywhere) but I highly suggest reading a copy of it if you can. Its an important op-ed and a sad testament to the state of affairs in Russia.

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 02:45 AM
The torture colonies of the 'lil one pale in comparison? Not in the middle east they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!