PDA

View Full Version : Insulting Islam = Prison Time

5stringJeff
02-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Good thing no one here lives in Egypt...

-------------
Blogger Gets 4 Years for Insulting Islam
By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD Associated Press Writer

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt — An Egyptian blogger was convicted Thursday and sentenced to four years in prison for insulting Islam, the Prophet Muhammad and Egypt's president, sending a chill through fellow Internet writers who fear a government crackdown.

Abdel Kareem Nabil, a 22-year-old former student at Egypt's Al-Azhar University, an Islamic institution, was a vocal secularist and sharp critic of conservative Muslims in his blog. He also lashed out often at Al-Azhar _ the most prominent religious center in Sunni Islam _ calling it "the university of terrorism" and accusing it of encouraging extremism.

His conviction brought a flood of condemnations from Amnesty International and other international and Egyptian rights group and stunned fellow bloggers.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4573048.html

darin
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
It'll happen here..I'm sure...only it'll be 'insulting homosexuality'

02-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Have you ever read the Martyrs of Cordoba? This is nothing compared to what happened then.

I think this strongly explains why Islam is incorrect. Were it correct, it win in the market place of ideas. It wouldnt be threated by the discussion of ideas. Especially to the point of murder for disagreement.

Nuc
02-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Have you ever read the Martyrs of Cordoba? This is nothing compared to what happened then.

I think this strongly explains why Islam is incorrect. Were it correct, it win in the market place of ideas. It wouldnt be threated by the discussion of ideas. Especially to the point of murder for disagreement.

Excellent point, which is why I never trust "True Believers" of any stripe. They should be able to defend and propose their ideas without having to resort to hysteria.

LiberalNation
02-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Well Egypt is an Islamic country. Still a very bad law either way.

Gaffer
02-22-2007, 07:37 PM
This is islam. It's what islam is all about. And its coming to a nieghborhood near you. islam is NOT a religion its a theocratic ideal. It is the reason the middle east will always remain backwards as long as they embrace it.

Nuc
02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
This is islam. It's what islam is all about. And its coming to a nieghborhood near you. islam is NOT a religion its a theocratic ideal. It is the reason the middle east will always remain backwards as long as they embrace it.

Ain't that the truth? It's amazing the retards who hate fundamentalist Christianity and then make apologies for these creeps. They should move there!

Yurt
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM

Absolutely. Even on muslim forums they ban you for "insulting" islam. They run from the truth quicker than forest gump. The only truth of Islam is world subjugation, anything else is a lie.

Gaffer
02-22-2007, 09:47 PM

I think islam is more than just incorrect. It's outright evil. I won't use pc terms to describe it, I'll call it what it is. And anyone offended by that...fuck em. There is nothing peaceful or tolerant in that so called religion at all. I have more respect for a satanist than I do a muslim.