PDA

View Full Version : Purported Al Qaeda Video Shows Prisoners Burned Alive

LiberalNation
02-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Video at link

http://videogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr/Video.aspx?s=5&vid=2107

Al Qaeda's latest display of terror has made its way onto the Internet, showing horrifying images of what appear to be prisoners in Iraq being doused with an inflammatory liquid and then burned alive.

The video, which appears to have been posted first on Google last December in an alleged anti-Al Qaeda Web film, shows five insurgents standing behind three blindfolded prisoners kneeling at the edge of a burning pit.

"And now that we have captured these scums who committed this dreadful crime, we will burn them with this fire," the Al Qaeda leader says in Arabic. "The same fire which they committed their crime with.

"And I swear by God almighty that, I swear by God almighty that we will have no mercy on them," he continues. "Allahuakbar, Allahuakbar."

As he speaks, two of the insurgents pour liquid on the blindfolded prisoners. Then they push the bound men into the pit, where they are engulfed in flames.

82Marine89
02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
They're not insurgents, they're terrorists. Insurgents is a name given by liberals so we could feel all warm and fuzzy about these bastards.

actsnoblemartin
02-16-2008, 11:56 PM
One of the bests posts in awhile

:clap:

They're not insurgents, they're terrorists. Insurgents is a name given by liberals so we could feel all warm and fuzzy about these bastards.

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 12:26 AM
It's only "terrorism" if someone else is doing it. If the same methods were used to interrogate "enemy combatants," you would all be in favor of it.

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 12:27 AM
It's only "terrorism" if someone else is doing it. If the same methods were used to interrogate "enemy combatants," you would all be in favor of it.

Right. Now you equate burning alive with underwear on heads. Good move, Gabby.

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 12:34 AM
It's more than that. Try water boarding, stomping someone's head into human excrement, cattle prods, dog attacks, etc.

No, I am NOT defending torture. It's pretty barbaric. But these scumbags are not labeled "terrorists" for nothing. We give them partial vindication when we also resort to torture.

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 12:37 AM
It's more than that. Try water boarding, stomping someone's head into human excrement, cattle prods, dog attacks, etc.

No, I am NOT defending torture. It's pretty barbaric. But these scumbags are not labeled "terrorists" for nothing. We give them partial vindication when we also resort to torture.

Still you are saying to equate burning alive with 'torture', regardless of definition. In any case, if one is left alive, seems better than dead, no? At least one has a chance of retribution, ala Zawahiri after Egyptian torture, no?

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I agree, and why is their the fixation on waterboarding, when it only happened three times, are they gonna say sleep deprivation, and other methods of making them uncomfortable are the same as burning alive too?

Still you are saying to equate burning alive with 'torture', regardless of definition. In any case, if one is left alive, seems better than dead, no? At least one has a chance of retribution, ala Zawahiri after Egyptian torture, no?

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 01:02 AM
They only admitted it happened three times. It's actually supposed to be a fairly common method of "interrogation."

Kathianne
02-17-2008, 01:03 AM
They only admitted it happened three times. It's actually supposed to be a fairly common method of "interrogation."

Who cares? Where is the equivalency you were calling for?

LiberalNation
02-17-2008, 01:06 AM
You can’t really equate execution/murder to torture for info. They are not the same thing. The possiblity of physical pain are the only real similarity.

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I will grant you that its possible it happened more then three times, but still, besides water boarding, do you believe we are looking for new ways to harm terrorists, or enjoy having to do it

Just wondering :coffee:

PostmodernProphet
02-17-2008, 06:30 AM

burning someone alive as an interrogation tool would be highly ineffective....

pegwinn
02-17-2008, 12:30 PM

Gabby. We do not execute folks by burning them alive. I want you to stop and concentrate on how your last minutes would feel as you burn to death.

Waterboarding is more psychological than physical.

Now, if we were using a blowtorch on the extremities to gather information, you would have an equivalency.