PDA

View Full Version : Clinton recalls hunting with her father as a youth

82Marine89
02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
KENOSHA, Wisconsin (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton revealed something about herself on Saturday that she acknowledged might surprise many people: she knows how to hunt.

Campaigning ahead of Tuesday's Democratic nominating vote in Wisconsin, a state with a strong tradition of hunting and where many voters strongly support gun ownership rights, Clinton said she firmly backed the right to bear arms.

"You know, you may not believe it but I've actually gone hunting," Clinton, 60, said at a question-and-answer session with voters at a crammed bratwurst restaurant in Kenosha.

"My father taught me to shoot 100 years ago," she said jokingly.

The topic came up when one voter asked Clinton what she would do to prevent incidents such as the shooting spree at Northern Illinois University on Thursday in which a man entered a lecture hall and killed five students and himself.

Officials later said the man had shown erratic behavior after he stopped taking medication.

Clinton, a New York senator and former first lady, said steps should be taken to make sure those with criminal backgrounds or a history of mental illness did not get access to guns, though she did not offer specifics. But Clinton, who is hoping to put a stop to a streak of wins by rival Barack Obama, she said she would not take any steps that would infringe on the rights of "lawful gun owners."

"I think we've got to do two things simultaneously. We should be smart enough to figure this out -- protect the rights of lawful gun owners, whether it's hunting, collecting, target shooting, whatever the purpose is, it's a lawful right period," Clinton said. "But we've got to keep it out of the hands of criminals and terrorists and people who are mentally ill."

Continued... (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1663122020080217)

MtnBiker
02-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I think Hillary could remember anything if she thought it would help her earn votes.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I think Hillary could remember anything if she thought it would help her earn votes.

Lol.

I understand that her husband is a very experienced p**n hunter himself. :coffee:

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Me thinks Hillary should go hunting with Dick Cheney. :)

diuretic
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM

Sickening isn't it?

Trigg
02-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Sickening isn't it?

typical really, politicians lie to get votes.

Yurt
02-18-2008, 09:06 PM
KENOSHA, Wisconsin (Reuters) -
"You know, you may not believe it but I've actually gone hunting," Clinton, 60,
"My father taught me to shoot 100 years ago," she said jokingly.

Continued... (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1663122020080217)

hunting manwhores is normally not a big accomplishment, however, given that hillary landed bill the man-manwhore, one has to give credit where credit is due.

it hillary, how the hell..........

Mr. P
02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Funny she can remember hunting as a youth, but NOT remember she had those Rose Law firm documents in her office at the White House.. :lol:

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
What proof you got she's lying. Sure she's using it as political fodder but someone that old from such an area in the country has most likely fired a gun and gone hunting.

Mr. P
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
What proof you got she's lying. Sure she's using it as political fodder but someone that old from such an area in the country has most likely fired a gun and gone hunting.

Yeah, someone born an raised in Chicago most likely did. :lol:

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah, someone born an raised in Chicago most likely did. :lol:

That is what I was thinking. Seriously, I don't know one person that hunted, ever. Even in the 'burbs' our parents were city kids.

stephanie
02-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure stalking tin cans would be considered hunting...:laugh2:

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure stalking tin cans would be considered hunting...:laugh2:

I believe she was raised in Des Plaines or some northwest suburb. Way too overbuilt even by the 50's to shoot at tin cans. ;)

Monkeybone
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
i shoot stuff all of the time! YYYEEHHHHHAAAAWWWWWWW!!!

Mr. P
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I believe she was raised in Des Plaines or some northwest suburb. Way too overbuilt even by the 50's to shoot at tin cans. ;)

Early life

Hillary[1] Diane Rodham was born at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois,[2] and was raised in a United Methodist family,[3] first in Chicago, and then, from the age of three, in suburban Park Ridge, Illinois, which is also located in Cook County.[4] .

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Park Ridge and Des Plaines are close. LOL! Actually it's closer to the city and older as far as housing goes.

Mr. P
02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Park Ridge and Des Plaines are close. LOL! Actually it's closer to the city and older as far as housing goes.

I don't know the area I knew you did.

flaja
02-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I didn’t know looking for bim-bos counted as hunting.

I wrote this reply based on the thread's title, but now I realize that you are talking about the other Clinton. But then again if what I've heard about the DNA testing that proved Slick isn't Chelsea's father (Janet Reno is), we may be talking about the same Clinton after all.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
I didn’t know looking for bim-bos counted as hunting.

I wrote this reply based on the thread's title, but now I realize that you are talking about the other Clinton. But then again if what I've heard about the DNA testing that proved Slick isn't Chelsea's father (Janet Reno is), we may be talking about the same Clinton after all.

Janet Reno, lol. :laugh2:

No1tovote4
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Boy! Next we're gonna hear about how people really want to have a beer with her....

diuretic
02-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Boy! Next we're gonna hear about how people really want to have a beer with her....

Not while she's hunting though.

Trigg
02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
What proof you got she's lying.

Her lips are moving??? Always a dead give away. :laugh2:

Monkeybone
02-19-2008, 03:06 PM

what proof do you have that she is telling the truth. and i know plenty of ppl around my area that havne't even touched a gun or even thought about hunting, unless it was for sales/baragins, whatever they call em

theHawk
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
"I think we've got to do two things simultaneously. We should be smart enough to figure this out -- protect the rights of lawful gun owners, whether it's hunting, collecting, target shooting, whatever the purpose is, it's a lawful right period," Clinton said. "But we've got to keep it out of the hands of criminals and terrorists and people who are mentally ill."

Its funny that she never even mentions the right to protect your home and family with a firearm.

I wonder if liberals will ever understand that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
You all should be glad she bothers to care about this issue. Do we know where Mr. Hussein Obama stands on the 2nd amendment? I am really starting to think that we will be worse off with him than with Hillary.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:34 PM
You all should be glad she bothers to care about this issue. Do we know where Mr. Hussein Obama stands on the 2nd amendment? I am really starting to think that we will be worse off with him than with Hillary.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11999

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11999

Boy, that is some fine prevarication there.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Boy, that is some fine prevarication there.

damn, had to look the word up

*bows*

diuretic
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Abbey should be a journalist here. The other day I heard the chief political writer for The Age (www.theage.com.au) use the word "prevarication" when he meant "procrastination". And he isn't the only one, it was also mis-used by another syndicated political writer for the same paper. That leads me to a couple of conclusions:

1. Even the best journalists need to consult a dictionary if they're not absolutely sure about the meaning of a word.
2. Sub-editors at The Age need a kick.
3. I am an insufferably pompous smartarse :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Abbey should be a journalist here. The other day I heard the chief political writer for The Age (www.theage.com.au) use the word "prevarication" when he meant "procrastination". And he isn't the only one, it was also mis-used by another syndicated political writer for the same paper. That leads me to a couple of conclusions:

1. Even the best journalists need to consult a dictionary if they're not absolutely sure about the meaning of a word.
2. Sub-editors at The Age need a kick.
3. I am an insufferably pompous smartarse :laugh2:

Are you saying I should be a journalist because I correctly used the word, or incorrectly? :laugh2:

diuretic
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Are you saying I should be a journalist because I correctly used the word, or incorrectly? :laugh2:

Rule 1 of interpreting this particular insufferably pompous smartarse - assume it's a positive response unless ample evidence to the contrary :D

Because you used the word correctly, you should be a journalist here - in fact, make that a sub-editor :coffee:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Rule 1 of interpreting this particular insufferably pompous smartarse - assume it's a positive response unless ample evidence to the contrary :D

Because you used the word correctly, you should be a journalist here - in fact, make that a sub-editor :coffee:

Can I telecommute? :)

typomaniac
02-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Clinton recalls hunting with her father as a youth
She wouldn't have been born when her father was a youth. :slap:

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 01:14 AM
at a gay rally: mrs clinton also remembers her first kiss with a girl

diuretic
02-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Can I telecommute? :)

Why not? We have electricity and the internets now :laugh2:

flaja
02-20-2008, 08:01 AM

I don’t drink, but if you told me that I have to meet with Hillary, I’d have to start.