PDA

View Full Version : *Are You Satisfied With Your Station In Life: Is Going Upwards An Option?*

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am now 50 years of age.
2. And over the years, I have amassed properties, cars/trucks, finances,*All on a ninth grade education*
3. *Dough*, *Cash*, Greenbacks*, what have you,......
4. Are you satisfied with your accomplishments?
5. Did financial success pass you by?
6. Is their more?
7. Is there something that ( *I CWN*) can do to change that for you?
8. Show you some secrets?
9. Or are you happy in your station in life?
10. All this and a *Bag~O~Chips* right here on DP!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

dan
02-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Nah, I'm not satisfied with where I'm at in life. It's not financial, money isn't really that important to me, but I'm about to turn 25 and I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything I've wanted to thus far.

gabosaurus
02-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, I totally believe you. :rolleyes:

JohnDoe
02-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Nah, I'm not satisfied with where I'm at in life. It's not financial, money isn't really that important to me, but I'm about to turn 25 and I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything I've wanted to thus far.The twenties are slow in accomplishments, but the 30's really fly with them....patience grasshopper, you will get there before ya know it, if you don't give up on your goals!!! Think them, live them, breathe them...they will happen...your dreams can come true!!! :D

I think i can, i think i can, i think i can...type thing!

optimism.

The Little Engine that Could! came to mind.... :D

The little Engine that Could Plot

A little railroad engine was employed about a station yard for such work as it was built for, pulling a few cars on and off the switches. One morning it was waiting for the next call when a long train of freight-cars asked a large engine in the roundhouse to take it over the hill "I can't; that is too much a pull for me," said the great engine built for hard work. Then the train asked another engine, and another, only to hear excuses and be refused. In desperation, the train asked the little switch engine to draw it up the grade and down on the other side. "I think I can," puffed the little locomotive, and put itself in front of the great heavy train. As it went on the little engine kept bravely puffing faster and faster, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

As it near the top of the grade, which had so discouraged the larger engines, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can." It reached the top by drawing out bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could, I thought I could."

jd

Said1
02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Nah, I'm not satisfied with where I'm at in life. It's not financial, money isn't really that important to me, but I'm about to turn 25 and I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything I've wanted to thus far.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. :laugh2:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWbr-bzCprU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWbr-bzCprU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-17-2008, 03:15 PM
My grandfather taught me some great lessons in life...if finances are important to you, take this advice, "The best get rich quick scheme will take 25 or more years!"

I am perfectly happy with my life....content, and ambitious. The things I want to do, get done....this is a great country that enables us to have the freedom to pursue our dreams and aspirations....often too many get told "no," and quit trying.....

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Are plans like plants, do they need to be hauled out into the sunlight, and set on the ground, while a whole is dug, and it buried in said hole?
1. (a) Also what long term plans does anyone have?
2. Or does anyone have a long term plan, waiting for some one to come along and water it?
2. (a) Maybe even some one taking a piss on it, would that make it grow, and if so why?
3. If you had a long term plan, what would it entail?
4. What about the short term?
5. If you have an idea for a short term plan, what makes you think a long term plan wouldn't be better for that same plan?
6. If your short or long term plan seemed to suck ass, would you know it?
7. What's a good strategy for a long or short term plan?
8. Is it stick long with a short term plans, and ditch long term plans if they don't appear to work out in the short term?
9. Are any franchises in your short or long term plans?
10. Are you considering buying into a franchise, for the long term, or considering inventing a franchise for the short~long term overall plan?
11. Are you one of those who have one or all these plans and no where to plant them?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But in all seriousness, do you have a plan, of any kind?
2. You're sitting in *The Greatest Country on Earth*, if you're in America.
3. Now lets just say you are for arguements sake.
4. The question you should be asking yourself is this,.... *How am I going to be a success in life?*
5. And if your answer isn't, *I got to start my own business*.
6. Then your are totally out of it.
7. Out of the running to make your own way in life.
8. Dependant.
9. Needy.
10. Without a light to follow down the ol tunnel.:laugh2:
11. The first thing you need to do if this is true, *Take a small business course*.
12. Find a school that has one, or do like I did.
13. Get a dba, downtown, your dba will be registered in the local business section of the local news network, alot of bigger cities have these publications, sounding something like, The ******* Post* name a city.
14. Some people use this data and will contact you to see if you want to pay them for a course on *Small Business Launching*.
15. That's how I did it, and it worked for me, so if it worked for me a 9th grade education major, (hehehehehe), it can also work for you, even if you have less education than I do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
as long as im alive, im satisfied

:texflag:

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

as long as im alive, im satisfied

:texflag:

1. Okay Martin, I will help you.
2. Tell me what is your ideal job?
3. And I will show you the way to make it happen.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
:))

Sorry bout that,

1. Okay Martin, I will help you.
2. Tell me what is your ideal job? Professional Bass Player, in the most popular rock band ever.

Or clerical assistant :)

3. And I will show you the way to make it happen.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But can you play da bass?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
not well, ive taken a few lessons, but I suck lol

and im not practicing enough, i need a good kick in the ass right now

Sorry bout that,

1. But can you play da bass?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

not well, ive taken a few lessons, but I suck lol

and im not practicing enough, i need a good kick in the ass right now

1. Okay man, that's just a dream job, everyone has those.
2. But what job would you like to do to make lets say, 100k a year?
3. Is that enough?
4. Service industry pays the best for a one man operation.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Probably clerical work

I love work, where i dont have to interact with people

:)

Sorry bout that,

1. Okay man, that's just a dream job, everyone has those.
2. But what job would you like to do to make lets say, 100k a year?
3. Is that enough?
4. Service industry pays the best for a one man operation.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I don't think that would be a job you could do for yourself.
2. Anyway if you had a business that needed a clerical worker, you would just hire some one else.
3. Lets get you down loaded with a new mindset.
4. Lets kick it around, see what we can flush out of da bushes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Martin, you need to work for yourself.
2. Call your own shots.
3. Work when you want too.
4. Take vacations when you want too.
5. Just up and leave, sure you may miss some calls, but as long as you have an yellow page add, when you get back, you can get some work.
6. Now that we know you can work for yourself, we need to narrow it down on what you can do.
7. There are all kinds of service jobs ready and available, for you to just dive into.
8. One of the most important things to remember is this one little fact.
9. Most people when they need a service go to the yellow pages and start with the (A)s.
10. So it would be wise to have a company name that began with an (A).
11. Lets call your business ANM _ _ _ _ _ _ Service.
12. Okay thats a start, now we need to fill in the blank.
13. Can you go to Home Depot, and look around and see what thing there you wouldn't mind selling and installing, and get back with me.
14. Now so far we have a name that will get you into a prime spot in the yellow pages, which is key.
15. Another thing to be aware of is a logo, you need a logo that makes you look like a well established company, not a shoe string company, with a funky name and no logo.
16. One of the best shapes for a logo is an oval, also another logo that works well is something like this.

_ _ _ _ _ ~ANM~ SERVICE

17. This logo would have borders in-casing it, with back ground colors, made of vinyl stickers applied to you van or truck.
18. I like a dark blue line bordering this, with white back ground with blue lettering, and the ANM in white with dark blue background behind it, all rectangles put on a right angle slant.
19. There's lots of things at Home Depot you can learn to install, shoot they even give lessons.
20. Okay this is a start ol buddy, now go look around at Home Depot, and get back to me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Martin, you're saying earlier that you wanted something where you didn't need to work with people, which might need to be amended to 'as few as possible', was probably right on track. You seem to have a good understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses. I don't know if it was your folks or teachers or doctors that made you aware of both, but whoever is probably due a 'thank you!'

It's hard for any of us to recognize how our 'natures' should effect our occupation choices. You're pretty young, without those 'differences' to be so far ahead of the game. Congratulations!

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But if he was working by himself, and didn't hire help he would be working alone.
2. I think that would qualify as not working with people.
3. One good service is, *Plantation Shutters*.
4. Very expensive, so it has lots of room for profit.
5. All you need to do is find a places that makes them to order.
6. Mark them up, buy in quantity etc.
7. Cha ~Ching!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Which is why 'service sector' and 'Home Depot' would probably not be in his best interests or addressing the talents he has.

Trinity
02-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But in all seriousness, do you have a plan, of any kind?
2. You're sitting in *The Greatest Country on Earth*, if you're in America.
3. Now lets just say you are for arguements sake.
4. The question you should be asking yourself is this,.... *How am I going to be a success in life?*
5. And if your answer isn't, *I got to start my own business*.
6. Then your are totally out of it.
7. Out of the running to make your own way in life.
8. Dependant.
9. Needy.
10. Without a light to follow down the ol tunnel.:laugh2:
11. The first thing you need to do if this is true, *Take a small business course*.
12. Find a school that has one, or do like I did.
13. Get a dba, downtown, your dba will be registered in the local business section of the local news network, alot of bigger cities have these publications, sounding something like, The ******* Post* name a city.
14. Some people use this data and will contact you to see if you want to pay them for a course on *Small Business Launching*.
15. That's how I did it, and it worked for me, so if it worked for me a 9th grade education major, (hehehehehe), it can also work for you, even if you have less education than I do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I have a plan a 5 year plan. This has been discussed by me and my husband and here is what we came up with.........First a little background, I am currently in school working on a web design degree I will be finished in a little under 2 years, husband is currently working for a landscape company.

Here is the plan
Year 1 - By this time next year Hubby will own his own landscape company. I will help him get the accounts set up and rolling so its a partner business.

Year 2 - I graduate in under two years and work for a company as a web designer. By the time I graduate hubby's business should be doing fairly well.

Year 3 and 4 -The next two years after I graduate we live off of hubby's income while I stick my income into an account and let it accumulate over a two year period at the end of the two year period we use the money that has accumulated for year 5.

Year 5 - 1. purchase property large enough to build a house and the business office. 2. I then start my own web design company.

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just some advice to help, will get back on topic for *Martin* afterwards.
1. (A) But partnerships seldom work out, just let him carry his own business.
2. Keep it separate is my opinion, but write off all his expenses jointly.
3. Its also safer if he is the only one on the dba, for law suit reasons, if it unfortunately happens.
4. Can't sue both of you if your not both linked to the business.
5. This keeps it simple, you can both share the profits like normal people do.
6. Same goes when you start your business, it should be in your name only.
7. Keep impeccable books, you need to get a ledger book, shows all your expenses each month on one page, MC Bee is a very good system, that I use.
8. You *MUST*, create a LOGO, that you have printed on your Checks, Business Cards, Invoices, Quotes Sheets, Yellow Pages, and any other paper work you might need.
9. This LOGO, needs to make you look bigger than you are, in *Reality*, the more professional it looks and you have it displayed properly, the better your whole company appears to the buyers.
10. Use pictures of your product, if possible, in Yellow Page Advertising.
11. Always do your best to show up ready to sale the job, like you want the work.
12. Try very hard to be on time, it does make a difference.
13. If your running late, call ahead and let them know, they can forgive that if you call.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

manu1959
02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
life is good.....

Trinity
02-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Its also safer if he is the only one on the dba, for law suit reasons, if it unfortunately happens.
7. Keep impeccable books, you need to get a ledger book, shows all your expenses each month on one page, MC Bee is a very good system, that I use.
8. You *MUST*, create a LOGO, that you have printed on your Checks, Business Cards, Invoices, Quotes Sheets, Yellow Pages, and any other paper work you might need.
9. This LOGO, needs to make you look bigger than you are, in *Reality*, the more professional it looks and you have it displayed properly, the better your whole company appears to the buyers.
11. Always do your best to show up ready to sale the job, like you want the work.
13. If your running late, call ahead and let them know, they can forgive that if you call.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

sorry should have clarified that........... partner as owning the business together NO partner as I will be the one doing all the book work and appts. yes and of course I am on the payroll but not listed as an owner I am smarter then that lol!

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I am still not getting you, but do what I said to do and you will be alright.
2. Being on payroll sounds like you want employees, bad idea as well.
3. You should just trust him to invest the profits towards the two of you, not taking an income form his business.
4. Having employees can get tricky, I always stay far away from doing that, unless you want the head aches that come from them.
5. Use sub~contractors, and have them sign a agreement that they realize they have no taxes being with held, and are not covered under any insurance of your company.
6. And further let them know if they want insurance they should pay for it themselves.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
02-18-2008, 05:30 PM
life is good.....

LIAR!

(j/k) :laugh2:

typomaniac
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

4. Are you satisfied with your accomplishments?
5. Did financial success pass you by?
6. Is their more?
8. Show you some secrets?

Where's the part where you tell me to take out my Visa or MasterCard and call 1-800-DUMBASS "now?"

82Marine89
02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
In California, contracting without a license is a crime. You need four years of experience in the field and have two licensed contractors verify it. Sorry cheesy, but your plan for Martin is illegal.

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But why would anyone need to have a licence to install window treatments?
2. Even if so, I am sure there are ways around it.
3. Consultants~Installer.
4. There are more ways than one to excoriate a cat.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
02-18-2008, 10:11 PM
What Do You Want From Life?

What do you want from life
To kidnap an heiress
or threaten her with a knife
To get cable TV
and watch it every night

There you sit
a lump in your chair
Where do you sleep
and what do you wear
when you're sleeping

An Indian guru
to show you the inner light
a meaningless love affair
with a girl that you met tonight

How can you tell when you're doin' alright
Does your bank account swell
While you're dreaming at night
How do know when you're really in love
Do violins play when you're touching the one
That you're loving

Someone to love
and somebody that you can trust
To try and be happy
while you do the nasty things
you must

Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
a heated kidney shaped pool,
a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
a kingsize Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
real simulated Indian jewelry,
a Gucci shoetree,
a year's supply of antibiotics,
a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
Rosemary's baby,
a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
a new Matador,
a new mastadon,
a Maverick,
a Mustang,
a Montego,
a Merc Montclair,
a Mark IV,
a meteor,
a Mercedes,
an MG,
or a Malibu,
a Mort Moriarty,
a Maserati,
a Mac truck,
a Mazda,
a new Monza,
or a moped,
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding,
a Mexican divorce,
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple?

gabosaurus
02-18-2008, 10:12 PM
The greatness of The Tubes...

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
What Do You Want From Life?

To kidnap an heiress
or threaten her with a knife
To get cable TV
and watch it every night

There you sit
a lump in your chair
Where do you sleep
and what do you wear
when you're sleeping

An Indian guru
to show you the inner light
a meaningless love affair
with a girl that you met tonight

How can you tell when you're doin' alright
Does your bank account swell
While you're dreaming at night
How do know when you're really in love
Do violins play when you're touching the one
That you're loving

Someone to love
and somebody that you can trust
To try and be happy
while you do the nasty things
you must

Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
a heated kidney shaped pool,
a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
a kingsize Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
real simulated Indian jewelry,
a Gucci shoetree,
a year's supply of antibiotics,
a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
Rosemary's baby,
a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
a new Matador,
a new mastadon,
a Maverick,
a Mustang,
a Montego,
a Merc Montclair,
a Mark IV,
a meteor,
a Mercedes,
an MG,
or a Malibu,
a Mort Moriarty,
a Maserati,
a Mac truck,
a Mazda,
a new Monza,
or a moped,
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding,
a Mexican divorce,
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple?

I played this for 7th and 8th grade 2 weeks ago, for a writing prompt, worked well.

World, Five for Fighting:

Got a package full of wishes
A time machine, a magic wand
A globe made out of gold
No instructions or commandments,
Laws of gravity or indecisions to uphold
Printed on the box I see: ACME's Build a World to Be.
Take a chance, grab a piece
Help me to believe it

What kind of world do you want
Think anything
Let’s start at the start
Build a masterpiece
Be careful what you wish for
History starts now

Should there be people or peoples
Money, funny pedestals
For fools who never pay
Raise your army, choose your steeple
Don’t be shy, the satellites can look the other way
Lose the earthquakes, keep the faults
Fill the oceans without the salt
Let every man own his own hand.
Can you dig it baby?

Think anything
Let’s start at the start
Build a masterpiece
History starts now

Sunlight’s on the bridge
Sunlight’s on the way
Tomorrow’s calling
There’s more to this than love

(x3)
Think anything
Let's start at the start
Build a masterpiece
History starts now
Starts now

Start now
Now...

gabosaurus
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Excellent! :clap:

chesswarsnow
02-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But lets leave the business end of reality to the professionals.
2. Dreamers just dream, this thread isn't for dreamers.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Excellent! :clap:

Thank you! The writing let me know the kids got it, at least at a beginning level. In some version, came from both classes:

Fill the oceans without the salt, it would be good for farming and drinking, but what about the sharks? :laugh2:

manu1959
02-18-2008, 11:17 PM
The greatness of The Tubes...

seen them live twice.....re styles.......yummy

chesswarsnow
02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Advertising is the most important business tool in keeping a business growing.
2. Coca~Cola didn't become the biggest soda pop company on the planet by the taste.
2. (a), Its basically sweet battery acid.
3. It was advertising.
4. They sucked you in, like everyone else.
5. With clever advertising.
6. Things go better with Coke*.
7. This type of clever advertising sinks down to your toes, and makes you buy it.
8. Gets your feet moving to get a can.
9. Thats how advertising works, it has power to make or break a company.
10. The sooner you realise this the sooner your company takes off, or the sooner you can launch a successful company.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
now that i quit manwhoring, the cash flow has slowed way down

any advice?

jackass
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sure...send me $10,000.00 and we will call it even. :dance:

Yurt
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Sure...send me $10,000.00 and we will call it even. :dance:

i used to make that in one night manwhoring.... oh those older rich women....

what can the great cwn do for me now? can i even trust him to keep his word?

chesswarsnow
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think thats legal.
2. And its very low brow at that.
3. I would hope a male prostitute would get some terrible fungus, and his pecker rot off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

typomaniac
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM

any advice?

The other problem with manwhoring is that your income is limited by the hours you work. What you need to do is start subcontracting. I hear Thailand's a good offshoring market for that.

chesswarsnow
02-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But everything is focused around your company name and logo.
2. Lets say you just opened a Restaurant.
3. Also lets say its Mexican food.
4. You need a catchy name right?
5. Lets say all you can think of is, *Soft Taco's And Rice*
6. That's not a name, that's something you would have on a menu.
7. How about this one, *Chicken and Rice*, again something that should be on a menu.
8. Lets say you had a plumbing business, and you called you company this: *Turd Blasters*:laugh2:
9. Now that wouldn't be too good either, but at least it is expressive of what you did, and was something easy to remember, or *Plumbers R~US*, which is a sad take off of a toy store, not good either.
10. So in choosing a company name you have to be clever, and it is *ALWAYS* a good idea to have a logo in mind to go with it from the begining.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
02-20-2008, 01:44 PM
A friend of my brother-in-law has a very successful Mexican food restaurant in Los Angeles.
One a small street, with a small sign that says "Mexican Food." They do no formal advertising.
It's successful because the food is good. Word of mouth is your best advertisement.

Then again, you have McDonalds and Taco Bell. Huge ad campaigns help them sell crap.

chesswarsnow
02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But *Mexican Food* is far better than *Chicken and Rice*.
2. Would of been better is he used his first name, like, *Julio's Mexican Food*.
3. But a helluva lot of people don't know much about advertising, and its affect on the potential buyer.
4. Advertising was an invention that got mastered in the turn of the nineteenth century.
5. With Coca~Cola leading the way.
6. They are major players in product ID, and getting their product in front of the buyers.
7. Most company's have a lot to learn from Coca~Cola, and owe a debt of gratitude to them for their pioneering in the advertising game.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas.

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
no im not happy with my place in life, im too dishonest with myself about overeating, and sneaky to get high with food :laugh2:, and the fact that porn makes me a monster, but i still watch it.

Or the fact, I use my anger as an excuse to be a dick to people.

I need to do better, I am capable.

I feel better now :dance:

82Marine89
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM

any advice?

I used to lay pipe all the time, then I got married. Starting to get back into it now that I'm divorced. Business has been requiring some long, hard hours, but I'm not complaining.

Yurt
02-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I used to lay pipe all the time, then I got married. Starting to get back into it now that I'm divorced. Business has been requiring some long, hard hours, but I'm not complaining.

:)

chesswarsnow
02-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

no im not happy with my place in life, im too dishonest with myself about overeating, and sneaky to get high with food :laugh2:, and the fact that porn makes me a monster, but i still watch it.

Or the fact, I use my anger as an excuse to be a dick to people.

I need to do better, I am capable.

I feel better now :dance:

1. Look Martin you ain't perfect bud.
2. And nobody is man.
3. You are at least able to recognize you have faults.
4. And doing that is the first step to recovery.
5. You need strong convictions first.
6. Find a purpose in life for a change.
7. Get interested in something, and try and master it.
8. Get interested in *Advertising*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I am taking on some additional advertising this year.
2. I met with a Verizon Rep. today, we talked about me finally putting some add space in their books.
3. I have held out for ten years, always advertising with South Western Bell, which they bought AT&T recently, and instead of killing off the AT&T name, they killed off their own.
4. Anyway I have been with them for many years now, and now after years of telling Verizon no, I have decided to go ahead and try them for a year, *Reluctantly*, I try to act like with the Rep.
5. So as to let her know, I want my price locked in for a few years.
6. And to also let her know, I want her to realize I'm the leader as far as signing up for a leader add.
7. You might ask what's a leader add?
8. I was the first to sign up for one when they started offering them at SWB, some years ago.
9. And I have the prime spot locked in every since.
10. A leader add is this, is a long vertical add that goes into the heading of any particular heading, full color, being some 3.5 inched long, and a column in width, which is about two inches.
11. Verizon has never sold a *Leader add* in the industry that I work in, *Till Now*.
12. And I have it locked in, in fact I just verified it again with my Rep.
13. Position is very important, and my position is at the very top of the heading, which is #1, including ahead of Full Page adds.
14. And I got this leader add for 175.00 a month, which is about 200.00 less a month than I'm paying for one of my adds, for two businesses in AT&T.
15. You see I own two businesses in the same industry.
16. This spreads my advertising dollars around, and gives me more than one logo and image to run off of.
17. Its pure genius to do it this way.
18. Also at times I get two chances to get the same job.
19. Two bites at the apple.
20. Anyway, this is the next lesson on how to start and run a successful business.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
hello

Sorry bout that,

Thank you chess, i actually talked to my mom, i had her buy, at my expense a new better then ever porn filter, and this time, i wont hack it

:), im happy

1. Look Martin you ain't perfect bud.
2. And nobody is man.
3. You are at least able to recognize you have faults.
4. And doing that is the first step to recovery.
5. You need strong convictions first.
6. Find a purpose in life for a change.
7. Get interested in something, and try and master it.
8. Get interested in *Advertising*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Look little buddy.
2. You are doing the right thing, for sure.
3. I am far older than you and want to give you some sound advice.
4. In order to help the next generation.
5. If you listen to good advice, take it to heart.
6. It can be a foundation to do what ever you want in life, and further strengthen your reasoning powers whatever you decide to do with your life.
7. Understanding sound advice is the key to getting ahead in anything.
8. Because when you are young, you haven't experienced the way things really are, and those who have can show you a path to take that they took, and you can learn how to succeed.
9. There's really nothing to it, if you want to learn how to succeed.
10. But like they say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
11. You have to have the spark to want whatever you find purpose to do.
12. Ambition is the word that describes it.
13. Learn how to be ambitious, without it you can do nothing.
14. Not even if you are the smartest person on the planet, if you don't cultivate, *Ambition*, learn about it, and how to get some, you can not find success.
15. Simple fact of reality.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
how do i overcome laziness and procrastination :coffee:

Sorry bout that,

1. Look little buddy.
2. You are doing the right thing, for sure.
3. I am far older than you and want to give you some sound advice.
4. In order to help the next generation.
5. If you listen to good advice, take it to heart.
6. It can be a foundation to do what ever you want in life, and further strengthen your reasoning powers whatever you decide to do with your life.
7. Understanding sound advice is the key to getting ahead in anything.
8. Because when you are young, you haven't experienced the way things really are, and those who have can show you a path to take that they took, and you can learn how to succeed.
9. There's really nothing to it, if you want to learn how to succeed.
10. But like they say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
11. You have to have the spark to want whatever you find purpose to do.
12. Ambition is the word that describes it.
13. Learn how to be ambitious, without it you can do nothing.
14. Not even if you are the smartest person on the planet, if you don't cultivate, *Ambition*, learn about it, and how to get some, you can not find success.
15. Simple fact of reality.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah being lazy is a tough one I bet.
2. I was born a worker.
3. And of course I started working in construction when I was 15 years of age, *Full Time*.
4. I started roofing houses, wood shingles and shakes.
5. And I was never lazy, unless I didn't have a roof to put on.
6. Which happened a lot.
7. I would think you need to find how to be determined about doing something first.
8. Figure out what you would like to do, and start working towards it.
9. Plan it out, then take steps to *Getter~Done*.
10. This is how everyone does it, it should work for you too.
11. Never do tomorrow what you can, *Getter~Done* today.
12. I started roofing at a young age, in 1973, I made on average 40.00 a day roofing, and my dear mother was making 1.40 an hour at a telephone answering company downtown.
13. I have always made above average money, my whole working life.
14. Till this day, I have been blessed with earning an above average income.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Sorry bout that,

5. And I was never lazy, unless I didn't have a roof to put on.
6. Which happened a lot.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:laugh2:

typomaniac
02-21-2008, 10:48 PM

Relax. Preferably with a beer. Then think about it tomorrow. :laugh:
:beer:

emmett
02-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

LOUD BUZZER SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Incorporate! With a dba if you get sued your assets will be subject to be taken and sold to pay award to plantiff.

Now, before you start arguing with me let me assure you I am an expert in this instance. I won't bore you all with my cry story that you all have read before but take it from me....................INCORPORATE!

dba is a bad idea.

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I didn't always work during the winter.
2. Which meant I had to get some other type of work.
3. I have done plenty of things.
4. I worked in a steel mill as a *Pattern Maker*.
5. Where we made molds for making products of hot molten steel.
6. I have done many types of jobs.
7. Construction wasn't always that steady Yurt.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I won't argue with you about incorporating.
2. Its not a bad idea, if you are worried about screwing some one, who may sue your pants off.
3. But I am honest, and I do whats right, always.
4. Sure call me crazy, but I take care of my customers.
5. Never been hauled into court either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
02-21-2008, 11:13 PM

Get up off your arse and do something for one. Quit looking for reasons why you CAN'T and find ways you CAN!

Judging from your picture you are sitting around on your arse too much son. A fellow your age should be broad shouldered and strong. You appear to have bad posture, that comes from sitting down too much and also indicates laziness. Stand up straighter, especially for pictures.

Next, set a time to get up every day so as to provide you discipline (Kathy, is that spelled right?) Then go get a job at McDonald's flipping burgers. Now that isn't to say that your aspirations and aptitudes would be fulfilled in that capacity but you would certainly know that once you had the job. The good thing is you would have a jingle in your pocket. That ALWAYS helps a fellow's prospective.

Incidentally, I knew a kid who went to work for Mickey D's in high school. We used to pull up to the drive thru window and make fun of him, everyday. It didn't occur to our stupid asses that , yes, he was working.....everyday. Today he is one of the highest ranking executives with McDonald's in the WORLD!!!! He went to my high school. He makes millions.

A guy can do anything he wants to do Marty. However......he has to WANT to do it. You can't fake the WANT part.

See you at the drive through! I'll have a #1 value meal, and ......supersize it please.

Yurt
02-21-2008, 11:15 PM
LOUD BUZZER SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Incorporate! With a dba if you get sued your assets will be subject to be taken and sold to pay award to plantiff.

Now, before you start arguing with me let me assure you I am an expert in this instance. I won't bore you all with my cry story that you all have read before but take it from me....................INCORPORATE!

dba is a bad idea.

PCV...

if you inc, don't you still have to file a dba?

Yurt
02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I didn't always work during the winter.
2. Which meant I had to get some other type of work.
3. I have done plenty of things.
4. I worked in a steel mill as a *Pattern Maker*.
5. Where we made molds for making products of hot molten steel.
6. I have done many types of jobs.
7. Construction wasn't always that steady Yurt.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

i wasn't laughing at your work, go back and read what you wrote, it comes across funny

chesswarsnow
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I say lots of funny stuff.
2. Its a part of my writing style.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Advertising is key to any business.
2. And the name sets up the advertising.
3. If you have a bad name, you can do nothing with it.
4. So in order to have a successful business you must sit back and think of a really good name *AT FIRST*.
5. Everything hangs on the name.
6. Lets say you understand your work by now, because you have been doing it for 15 years.
7. But you work for some one else, drawing a pay check.
8. That's no good, if you're a born leader.
9. If you're a born follower, then you're fine.
10. If you're a born leader then you are holding yourself back.
11. Its killing you inside.
12. Lets say you're the best at work, and you have mastered every detail of what you do.
13. All you need now, is the behind the scene information on how to do it for yourself.
14. Like how to do the books.
15. I don't do this, but even the government does it to some degree.
16. They cook the books.
17. They make two books.
18. One for the IRS, and the other for the banks.
19. This way they can show the banks they make lots of money, while they truly reveal to the IRS how they do not.
20. I call this dishonest, but its common practice all over America.
21. Because I don't do this, I have a hard time getting the banks to loan me money to build my first franchise location.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
so what exactly are you two businesses?

chesswarsnow
02-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its secret.
2. I can tell you its in the *Service Industry* thou.
3. I fix things.
4. You would never guess.
5. Also I wouldn't tell you if you did.
6. I am very secretive online.
7. Do you own some type of business Yurt?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its secret.
2. I can tell you its in the *Service Industry* thou.
3. I fix things.
4. You would never guess.
5. Also I wouldn't tell you if you did.
6. I am very secretive online.
7. Do you own some type of business Yurt?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

pwning u :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
02-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I see.
2. You have no ambition.
3. Welcome to the crowd.
4. You are amongst 77.89% of all people in America.
5. One of the mindless minions.
6. Good luck with that. LOL!!!!!!:laugh2:
7. You think you may have some chance of starting your own business, because you sat at the feet of *THE GREAT CWN*.
8. Doubt it, I can read you like a book, you ain't got *it*.
9. Takes a certain type of person to have and invent a successful business.
10. Sorry bout that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I see.
2. You have no ambition.
3. Welcome to the crowd.
4. You are amongst 77.89% of all people in America.
5. One of the mindless minions.
6. Good luck with that. LOL!!!!!!:laugh2:
7. You think you may have some chance of starting your own business, because you sat at the feet of *THE GREAT CWN*.
8. Doubt it, I can read you like a book, you ain't got *it*.
9. Takes a certain type of person to have and invent a successful business.
10. Sorry bout that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

enjoy your """""secret""""" business ventures

and according to you, you are so "great" that one would think pwning you is a high aspiration :rolleyes:

i bet you this -- i can give better legal advice than you

:laugh2:

82Marine89
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
He just put you on double secret probation. :laugh2:

Yurt
02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
He just put you on double secret probation. :laugh2:

eh eh, you said pro bation

82Marine89
02-22-2008, 10:01 PM
eh eh, you said pro bation

I guess that's better than master...

chesswarsnow
02-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think your legal advice is all that *Great*.
2. I wouldn't use it myself anyways.
3. You got no real balls to play with man.
4. Hehehehe,......:laugh2:
5. When you get between a rock and a hard place, you gotta be harder than the rock or hard place.
6. You just don't get it.
7. Its kind of like fighting fire with fire.
8. If you intend to win, you have to know how to play hard ball.
9. I don't think you ever played that Yurt.
10. I have, and I know how its played.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think your legal advice is all that *Great*.
2. I wouldn't use it myself anyways.
3. You got no real balls to play with man.
4. Hehehehe,......:laugh2:
5. When you get between a rock and a hard place, you gotta be harder than the rock or hard place.
6. You just don't get it.
7. Its kind of like fighting fire with fire.
8. If you intend to win, you have to know how to play hard ball.
9. I don't think you ever played that Yurt.
10. I have, and I know how its played.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

well, given you think "not lying" is bad legal advice, who gives a f&*&k what you think.

oh nooooo, am i going to get the feeeered "cwn" attack now?

at least you have been somewhat coherent as of late. congrats.

now, without dragging this to the cage, per your MO, what legal advice have i given that has been "wrong" such that you would not take it.

typomaniac
02-23-2008, 12:28 AM
...When you get between a rock and a hard place, you gotta be harder than the rock or hard place....
That's why you need viagra (http://www.viagra.com)!

chesswarsnow
02-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

well, given you think "not lying" is bad legal advice, who gives a f&*&k what you think.

oh nooooo, am i going to get the feeeered "cwn" attack now?

at least you have been somewhat coherent as of late. congrats.

now, without dragging this to the cage, per your MO, what legal advice have i given that has been "wrong" such that you would not take it.

1. But you have some issue's of the inability of neutrality.
2. In order to be good counsel, one has to learn a stance of neutrality, I don't think you can do this.
3. Another thing your lacking is being a hard ball player, you're way to soft.
4. If I wanted a soft lawyer, I would hire you.
5. But if I ever get into a scrape with the law, I want a *Bull Dog*, one that will freakin clamp down and not be flung off, even if he was being spun in all directions.
6. I would also want a lawyer that would do what I say, and if I told him to go down there and tell them I was going to *Fight Them* over something.
7. I would want him to do just that.
8. Not go down there and grovel for a little room in a requesting style.
9. Authority of Power, is never learnt, you either have it or you don't.
10. Those little grey wigs were for one, a sign of authority, back when this Nation was created.
11. This day and age, its the type of suit & tie worn, I think people in Authority should be brave enough to wear those grey curly wigs, and blue skin tight pants, with white ruffle shirts and red coats, & polished black shoes.
12. Another one of your problems is you attack your betters, this is always a bad idea, and can get your ass in a sling, when it matters.
13. As far as your request for my opinion on your advice that Martin not try to bluff the situation by making claims of contacting a lawyer, that in itself shows how reserved and timid you are.
14. Then your spin of what I said as if I condoned lying, which I didn't.
15. You just can't help yourself, you're the type who can't be nutral, and always go to the lowest common denominator.
16. This isn't a good quality in a lawyer, because you can not have a true feeling of nuetrality with a client.
17. How then will you defend a man/women, if you can't be nutral on his quilt of innocence?
18. You simple can't, you get in the way of your own defense for the client.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this tread is getting way off topic.
2. I will try to steer it back on topic.
3. This is a time to share secrets of *Business Making*, in this thread.
4. Not begin to ferret out those who are incapable, but to lead along those who are, to a path of success.
5. I find it rather self evident, that if you are amongst those unable to learn from, *The GREAT CWN*, then you're *UNTEACHABLE*.
6. I know how to give step by step plans on how to succeed, because I have done it.
7. If you are of the mind that I don't know what I am talking about stop reading right here.
8. Go for the door, and get a full refund.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you have some issue's of the inability of neutrality.
2. In order to be good counsel, one has to learn a stance of neutrality, I don't think you can do this.
3. Another thing your lacking is being a hard ball player, you're way to soft.
4. If I wanted a soft lawyer, I would hire you.
5. But if I ever get into a scrape with the law, I want a *Bull Dog*, one that will freakin clamp down and not be flung off, even if he was being spun in all directions.
6. I would also want a lawyer that would do what I say, and if I told him to go down there and tell them I was going to *Fight Them* over something.
7. I would want him to do just that.
8. Not go down there and grovel for a little room in a requesting style.
9. Authority of Power, is never learnt, you either have it or you don't.
10. Those little grey wigs were for one, a sign of authority, back when this Nation was created.
11. This day and age, its the type of suit & tie worn, I think people in Authority should be brave enough to wear those grey curly wigs, and blue skin tight pants, with white ruffle shirts and red coats, & polished black shoes.
12. Another one of your problems is you attack your betters, this is always a bad idea, and can get your ass in a sling, when it matters.
13. As far as your request for my opinion on your advice that Martin not try to bluff the situation by making claims of contacting a lawyer, that in itself shows how reserved and timid you are.
14. Then your spin of what I said as if I condoned lying, which I didn't.
15. You just can't help yourself, you're the type who can't be nutral, and always go to the lowest common denominator.
16. This isn't a good quality in a lawyer, because you can not have a true feeling of nuetrality with a client.
17. How then will you defend a man/women, if you can't be nutral on his quilt of innocence?
18. You simple can't, you get in the way of your own defense for the client.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

if not telling my client to lie is too "soft" then guess what, you ain't a client i would ever take. there is a difference between hard ball and out right lies. and think about you analysis for a second -- IF martin had contacted me THEN he could of course tell them he contacted a lawyer. :poke:

have fun wif your wittle secret businessessess

Yurt
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
and you're right, if you want a lawyer like that -- they would be found in the junkyard chained to the fence, frothing at the mouth

chesswarsnow
02-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If you're a lawyer, I defiantly wouldn't even remotely think about hiring you.
2. Seeing you're twisting what I said, in saying I condone lying.
3. I think you would be fired by most clients, after a few hours dealing with you.
4. Some things you can't fake Yurt, your little tantrum in my thread proves the fact.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 02:06 PM
:poke: that is very mean chess.

You dont know him personally.

Lets not go down to the gutter ok?

I like ya, youre a good poster, but please stop this ok?

Sorry bout that,

1. If you're a lawyer, I defiantly wouldn't even remotely think about hiring you.
3. I think you would be fired by most clients, after a few hours dealing with you.
4. Some things you can't fake Yurt, your little tantrum in my thread proves the fact.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Can everybody please stop fighting.

Yurt, I love ya man, but you gotta dis-engage man. It takes two to tango :dance:

Now will everyone please get back on topic before this wonderful thread gets permanently de-railed.

Yurt
02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

too much "bulldog" for you :poke:

i'm done talking with you about this, so don't even reply

now back to the thread

82Marine89
02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's what you want in a lawyer. :slap:

chesswarsnow
02-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. That's fine, I was wondering if this was going to turn into a knock down drag out.
2. Its a good thing that this little exchange is over, thanks Martin for putting in your two cents worth.
3. I thought I had made it clear I wanted to get back on topic.
4. In one of my last posts.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

typomaniac
02-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. That's fine, I was wondering if this was going to turn into a knock down drag out.
2. Its a good thing that this little exchange is over, thanks Martin for putting in your two cents worth.
3. I thought I had made it clear I wanted to get back on topic.
4. In one of my last posts.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. But you guys are so much fun to pick on. :laugh2:
2. Still, it's not fair to Martin to keep dragging this out.
3. Maybe we should be allowed to moderate our own threads. :eek:
4. This site software will let you do that.

Regards,
SirTypoOfCalifornia

chesswarsnow
02-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But in business you need to protect your company name as much as possible.
2. Always leave the customer happy.
3. Never trick the customer.
4. Lose money before you allow a customer to feel they got tricked.
5. Even if it takes a full refund to do it.
6. Never make claims you can not deliver.
7. Be fair, but don't be cheap.
8. Make whatever the market will bare on your services.
9. Everyone will pay more, if they get better workmanship, and better service, and warranty work, if necessary.
10. Always be ready to give some free advice, on other things you see, don't be to closed about what you say, be ready to give good advice, and recommend other people who you are confidant in recommending.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas