PDA

View Full Version : The Red Planet

Classact
02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
I understand Mars comes in to close proximity every two years or so and can be viewed as a red star without a telescope. I have been an outdoors man my whole life and have never been able to see or identify Mars or see a red star or planet. I have or at least used to have perfect vision and have often wondered is it only me and if so how many of you have seen Mars and pointed it out to your family or friends?

When you see it clearly PM me and tell me where to look because I have a nice telescope now...

JohnDoe
02-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I understand Mars comes in to close proximity every two years or so and can be viewed as a red star without a telescope. I have been an outdoors man my whole life and have never been able to see or identify Mars or see a red star or planet. I have or at least used to have perfect vision and have often wondered is it only me and if so how many of you have seen Mars and pointed it out to your family or friends?

When you see it clearly PM me and tell me where to look because I have a nice telescope now...will this help?

Physical Characteristics
Mars has a striking red appearance, and in its most favorable position for viewing, when it is opposite the sun, it is twice as bright as Sirius, the brightest star.

jd