PDA

View Full Version : California packer makes largest U.S. beef recall

-Cp
02-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Do you know where your beef is coming from when you get it at the Grocery Store or even Costco?

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1760137220080217?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

If the folks at the meat counter can't tell you about the history of their product when it comes to something like this then why would you buy it?

If you want the Best Beef anywhere (and I’ve tasted a LOT of them all around this great country) and a SAFE meat supply do what we do:

Visit Doug’s Quality Meats in Kent WA or online at www.dougsqualitymeats.com

5stringJeff
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Do you know where your beef is coming from when you get it at the Grocery Store or even Costco?

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1760137220080217?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

If the folks at the meat counter can't tell you about the history of their product when it comes to something like this then why would you buy it?

If you want the Best Beef anywhere (and I’ve tasted a LOT of them all around this great country) and a SAFE meat supply do what we do:

That only works if you live in the Puget Sound area. :)

Seriously, though, you're right. Butcher meat is better than grocery store meat anyday.

-Cp
02-17-2008, 09:06 PM
That only works if you live in the Puget Sound area. :)

Seriously, though, you're right. Butcher meat is better than grocery store meat anyday.

Not true, Doug can ship it anywhere in the USA using dry-ice...

5stringJeff
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I didn't see that on the website... thanks! :)

I also noticed that the meat he buys is hormone free. That --> :rock:

-Cp
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, it's hormone free and steriod free....

82Marine89
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Become a hunter. 90% of the meat I eat I have killed myself. Range fed, steroid free, extremely low fat (including pork), and the best flavor found anywhere.

-Cp
02-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Become a hunter. 90% of the meat I eat I have killed myself. Range fed, steroid free, extremely low fat (including pork), and the best flavor found anywhere.

It's far more economical for me to buy our meat...

82Marine89
02-17-2008, 11:07 PM
It's far more economical for me to buy our meat...

Far more economical for most folks. When you factor in the costs of my hunting trips and the butcher, my meat usually costs between $8.00 to $9.00 per pound.

-Cp
02-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Far more economical for most folks. When you factor in the costs of my hunting trips and the butcher, my meat usually costs between $8.00 to $9.00 per pound.

Exactly, and you can't exactly "hunt" for Cows....:)

Why would I hunt for Venison when excellent quality, better-tasting Beef is so immediately available? :P

TheStripey1
03-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Simple solution... just don't eat beef...

OR

If you have a Whole Foods in your town, shop there...

never tried Doug's...

TheStripey1
03-05-2008, 08:13 PM

How about the beer drank aound the campfire after the hunt? Is that factored in too?

still, at $9 a pound, it's cheaper than Kobe or Harris Ranch or many types of fish...