PDA

View Full Version : Children and their teeth

Trinity
02-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Well my youngest child managed to break off part of his front tooth yesterday evening. So now both of my children will have a fake front tooth!

How did he do it? your probably thinking he tripped and fell, or fell off his bike or something...... no.......

He was attempting to hit his brother with a long wooden pole and some how it came back on him and broke off his tooth. Supposedly the story goes....... The oldest one was hitting the youngest with a stick, the youngest picked up a wooden pole and swung to hit his brother with it, and that's all I got........ I am still trying to figure out how it came back and hit him in the mouth.

I then told him see that's why you don't try to hit your brother it will come back and bite you one way or another.:poke:

So after the trip to the dentist today he has to go back next week to get a tooth put on.

gabosaurus
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
My sister was attempting to show off while skateboarding once. She ran into sometime (perhaps a pole, I don't remember) and broke her nose and two teeth.
My mom was not happy, since she had had previous "discussions" with my sister about paying attention and not showing off to people.
Another way in which my sister made all the mistakes and I learned from them. :lmao:

Trinity
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
My sister was attempting to show off while skateboarding once. She ran into sometime (perhaps a pole, I don't remember) and broke her nose and two teeth.
My mom was not happy, since she had had previous "discussions" with my sister about paying attention and not showing off to people.
Another way in which my sister made all the mistakes and I learned from them. :lmao:

:laugh2: Honestly that's how I would have expected my youngest to lose a tooth skateboarding, especially since we take him to the skate park with all the ramps and such.

gabosaurus
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
We don't have skateboard parks in Anaheim. You have to skate on the streets and in parking lots.

nevadamedic
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Well my youngest child managed to break off part of his front tooth yesterday evening. So now both of my children will have a fake front tooth!

How did he do it? your probably thinking he tripped and fell, or fell off his bike or something...... no.......

He was attempting to hit his brother with a long wooden pole and some how it came back on him and broke off his tooth. Supposedly the story goes....... The oldest one was hitting the youngest with a stick, the youngest picked up a wooden pole and swung to hit his brother with it, and that's all I got........ I am still trying to figure out how it came back and hit him in the mouth.

I then told him see that's why you don't try to hit your brother it will come back and bite you one way or another.:poke:

So after the trip to the dentist today he has to go back next week to get a tooth put on.

He got an implant?

Trigg
02-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Sorry to hear about this.

Kids can be very inventive when it comes to hurting themselves.

All 3 of my boys have gotten stiches in their heads from jumping on or off things. 2 of them within a week of each other, I was honestly worried about showing up at the ER again.:laugh2:

dan
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
We don't have skateboard parks in Anaheim. You get to skate on the streets and in parking lots.

Fixed that for you and for the teenage skater rat in all of us. :D

Trinity
02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
We don't have skateboard parks in Anaheim. You have to skate on the streets and in parking lots.

Really.....hmm I would have thought for sure they would be skateboard parks all over Cali.

Trinity
02-20-2008, 08:40 AM
He got an implant?

No I think they are just going to build off of whats left. There is no point in getting it capped until he is older because of his age they are afraid he will end up having to get it recapped every few years from not being careful with it. I have already been down this road with my 11 year old and we opted to wait on the capping until he is about 16.

Trinity
02-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry to hear about this.

Kids can be very inventive when it comes to hurting themselves.

All 3 of my boys have gotten stiches in their heads from jumping on or off things. 2 of them within a week of each other, I was honestly worried about showing up at the ER again.:laugh2:

:laugh2: yeah we have had a few of those however it is my 11 year old that has had stitches twice due to jumping around and my youngest had stitches once due to a hernia surgery go figure.