truthmatters
02-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I did not know they had changed

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
edited

manu1959
02-19-2008, 03:52 PM
go read the thread in anouncments.....doesn't look like he is planning to change anything.....and if he does so what....

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 03:55 PM
edited

manu1959
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM
do i have to show you his private im, saying their will be change.

the changes are punitive, and stupid, and he should not punish everyone for the actions of a few

no need…..he says it in his post ....if you abuse the system your abuse will be dealt with.....actions have consequences.....don't abuse the system and you won't have any issues....

seems pretty straight forward to me.....

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 04:03 PM
edit

manu1959
02-19-2008, 04:06 PM
manu, he is punishing everyone, for what only some do.

And for the record, I dont now, and never have abused the rep system.

This is collective punishment, pure and simple, instead of punishing those who actively seek, to be punitive against other users, a.k.a. blatant abusers

that isn't what his post says....but lets just say it says what you claim....so what.....it is like he is sending you a invoice.....get over it dude....

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
edit

manu1959
02-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I think it ruines the ability to actually rep good, funny, interesting posts, based on what He thinks is an excellent post.

I agree with him, their are abusers, who only neg rep people for punitive reasons, or give out rep like candy, but that is not me.

i think if.....he changes the system it will make people more selective.....but at the moment the rules have not changed so .... rep away.....

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
edit

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Martin, I think your first post is kind of over the line, and you may want to edit it. Just a friendly suggestion.

manu1959
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Yet it has, you can only rep 7 people, used to be 15, and as far as i know you need to rep 10 people to rep someone again

Dont worry, soon it will be 5 people you can rep and 20 before you can rep them again

I think he is being too extreme,

His theory is ok, his application stinks

his house....his rules.....

hjmick
02-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Countdown to thread lock...10...9...8...7...

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 04:33 PM
What changes? ..6..5...4 :laugh2:

manu1959
02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
and a ban .... 3....2....1

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Evil ban and thread lockers. Oh and I don't have a prob with any new rep rules.

PostmodernProphet
02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
yeah, soon it will be 5 reps in 24 hours, and you have to rep 20 people before you rep the same person again.

lol, I have only repped 20 people since December......

CockySOB
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Evil ban and thread lockers. Oh and I don't have a prob with any new rep rules.

OMFG! You know it's reasonable when LN doesn't have complaints about a rule. Hell, she normally has problems with rules simply because they ARE rules!

(Love ya, LN!)

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
And I want to know if anyone agrees that they are stupid, and the person who made them should stop being the board dictator, just cause he owns the board, and should use more common sense

A board dictator because I want the system to be more fair for all involved? Not everyone is like you, and simply reps people because they are new to the board. Or reps their friend and says "what's up, stud?" Or neg repping someone because they "talked shit against your friend". Or my personal favorite - "Youre a worthless piece of shit cocksucking dick licking cum guzzling, anal taking cock breath"

You have given out 271 reps in the past 30 days. You and a select few have abused the system for far too long by patting each other on the back and building up your rep power.

And I highly doubt anyone else will feel "punished" if I raise the standards for the system and try to keep the system reserved for better posts, and to make users utilize their power in a more reserved fashion.

Maybe you're right though, and everyone shouldn't be "punished" for the abuse of a few. Maybe I'll just take the ability completely away from a few abusers like yourself.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
acts, are you telling me that you don't know anyone on this board who is part of a rep club?

there are people from nevada (pale excluded) that are part of this club. you know it. admit it.

are you part of it?

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
A board dictator because I want the system to be more fair for all involved? Not everyone is like you, and simply reps people because they are new to the board. Or reps their friend and says "what's up, stud?" Or neg repping someone because they "talked shit against your friend". Or my personal favorite - "Youre a worthless piece of shit cocksucking dick licking cum guzzling, anal taking cock breath"

You have given out 271 reps in the past 30 days. You and a select few have abused the system for far too long by patting each other on the back and building up your rep power.

And I highly doubt anyone else will feel "punished" if I raise the standards for the system and try to keep the system reserved for better posts, and to make users utilize their power in a more reserved fashion.

Maybe you're right though, and everyone shouldn't be "punished" for the abuse of a few. Maybe I'll just take the ability completely away from a few abusers like yourself.

holy shit, if that was said in a rep, that is abuse.

not a bad idea. problem tho is that you have to spend time regulating that shit. not fun, nor necessary.

dan
REP DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!

I'd be fine if Jim just did away with it altogether. If you need to let someone know you liked a particular post, just send them a PM or tell them in the thread. It's not that big of a deal.

jimnyc
acts, are you telling me that you don't know anyone on this board who is part of a rep club?

there are people from nevada (pale excluded) that are part of this club. you know it. admit it.

are you part of it?

Just so everyone is aware, and I think most know this already, we have access to the reputation comments that are left and how many points were given or taken away. And yes, quite clearly some have abused the system by having a rep frenzy with one another. I mean, c'mon, go through the members list and sort it by reputation. Do you REALLY think all of those in the top 30 have contributed the best posts to the community?

manu1959
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM

acts pos rep.....three green squares
acts neg rep....1 red square...
jimmy taking the piss of acts....priceless....

omg that struck me as funny

dan
02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
You have given out 271 reps in the past 30 days.

Simply amazing. :poke:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 07:24 PM
See Martin, I told you to edit that post. You must listen to Abbey next time.

On a serious note, there is just no reason to be calling Jim names. He always tries to do what's best for the board and for all the members. I can tell you this unequivoically, as someone who is privy to private and semi-private staff conversations with him.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Just so everyone is aware, and I think most know this already, we have access to the reputation comments that are left and how many points were given or taken away. And yes, quite clearly some have abused the system by having a rep frenzy with one another. I mean, c'mon, go through the members list and sort it by reputation. Do you REALLY think all of those in the top 30 have contributed the best posts to the community?

MFM definition of "really"

:laugh2:

dan
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
In all honesty, and obviously you guys are going to think I'm biased, but this is by far the most lenient board I've ever been on. How many people has Jim unbanned over the years for no reason other than just to be nice?

But, I guess it's true, nice guys finish last. Oh, well, I'm with Manu, nothing's funnier than Jim really serving someone up on here.

jackass
02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
A

You have given out 271 reps in the past 30 days.

I hate to say it...but I dont think I have given that much out since the board opened!

manu1959
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I hate to say it...but I dont think I have given that much out since the board opened!

i demand an audit......:poke:

manu1959
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
In all honesty, and obviously you guys are going to think I'm biased, but this is by far the most lenient board I've ever been on. How many people has Jim unbanned over the years for no reason other than just to be nice?

But, I guess it's true, nice guys finish last. Oh, well, I'm with Manu, nothing's funnier than Jim really serving someone up on here.

very true but it is also why this is a great board .....

that still has to be the funniest neg rep comment i have ever heard.....

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM

From January 1st until today, which is approximately how long the board has been open - Jackass has handed out 255 reps.

In comparison:

I have given out 68 reps during that same span.
Martin has given out 1,264 during that same span.

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
From January 1st until today, which is approximately how long the board has been open - Jackass has handed out 255 reps.

In comparison:

Wait, forgot to mention - Martin didn't join the board until July 25th of 07 and handed out his first rep on Aug 1, 07. :laugh2:

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM

In comparison:

are you proud of that?

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
are you proud of that?

Proud? No. I just do my best to only give out positive reps to people when they make truly great posts, or neg reps when I think someone is trolling or baiting others. I've had a few slip-ups, but I hardly abuse the system.

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Proud? No. I just do my best to only give out positive reps to people when they make truly great posts, or neg reps when I think someone is trolling or baiting others. I've had a few slip-ups, but I hardly abuse the system.

Well you big dummy---you BETTER not mess up using your own system !!:laugh2:

Yurt
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM

never said you did. just wondered. maybe i have this whole rep thing wrong. i have repped you numerous times, maybe i shouldn't according to your rep system belief -- rarely give out pos reps or neg reps.

what does the rep system stand for then? maybe we need to define it. for me, if i come across a funny post, a witty post, a thought provoking post, i rep it. i don't keep track of who i rep or who reps me.

if you are going to create rules on your rep system (your board) then let us know.

i may be missing something here, but it seems to me, the issue is the rep circle jerk crowd. the rest of are fine. is that how you see it? for i think it easy to differentiate between the circle jerk and the regular reppers.

imho

manu1959
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
never said you did. just wondered. maybe i have this whole rep thing wrong. i have repped you numerous times, maybe i shouldn't according to your rep system belief -- rarely give out pos reps or neg reps.

what does the rep system stand for then? maybe we need to define it. for me, if i come across a funny post, a witty post, a thought provoking post, i rep it. i don't keep track of who i rep or who reps me.

if you are going to create rules on your rep system (your board) then let us know.

i may be missing something here, but it seems to me, the issue is the rep circle jerk crowd. the rest of are fine. is that how you see it? for i think it easy to differentiate between the circle jerk and the regular reppers.

imho

i think jim likes to rep quality posts....like stuff that is in the blog.......or hobbits latest post......

all my rep is from wise ass one liners.....kinda shocking really.....i used to rep more than i do now.....i am actually trying to be more like jim.....

dan
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Jim created and is the primary admin of the board, why should he be expected to give out as much rep as anyone else? Do you expect the owner of a restaurant to come out and compliment your tie every time you eat there?

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM
i think jim likes to rep quality posts....like stuff that is in the blog.......or hobbits latest post......

all my rep is from wise ass one liners.....kinda shocking really.....i used to rep more than i do now.....i am actually trying to be more like jim.....

Yo tambien, regarding the one-liners. I generally appreciate a good quick turn of phrase more than gobs of paragraphs.

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM

STFU! IT's TAX time, the IRS gestapo may hear that!!!!

manu1959
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Yo tambien, regarding the one-liners. I generally appreciate a good quick turn of phrase more than gobs of paragraphs.

yo tambien?......i don't type or spell well enough to create gobs of paraagraphs.....i try to boil it down to a one liner......

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM

imho

Up at the top of the board on the navigation bar is a link to a page I made about the rep system a long time back. I've also addressed the system, it's abuses and it's intent countless times before.

I think it's quite easy to understand. It's meant to be a gauge of someone's reputation on the board, not a popularity contest. Any reasonable poster should be aware it's not necessary to rep a friend 30 times in a month, nor should they be neg repping someone that many times in a month. Common sense also dictates that we don't use the system just to harass someone we don't like.

Unfortunately, you cannot simply make rules for a handful and not include the entire community, the system doesn't allow for that. We can't set parameters for some and not everyone.

That's why my thoughts are this - if the "average" member uses about 5 reps daily, and the abuser uses 10-30 daily, we can limit it to the average. If the "average" member doesn't bombard their friends with rep, and only occasionally, then only those who abuse the system would be affected by being forced to hit 20 people before the same person again.

If I leave it as is, then I get constant complaints about abuse and "rep teams". If I air my thoughts about limiting the system, members get offended. There has to be common ground somewhere. I tried my best to address the issue with members I felt were abusing the system and only received arguments and nastiness for my polite efforts.

manu1959
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
STFU! IT's TAX time, the IRS gestapo may hear that!!!!

sounds like a guilty consience speaking up.......

Yurt
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM

so we should not rep good one liners?

Sitarro
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Hey Jim, check out your rep power:dev2::dev::afro::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::lau gh2:

Kathianne
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Seriously, they were all to me and deserved. Thank you very much. :dance:

Yurt
02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Jim created and is the primary admin of the board, why should he be expected to give out as much rep as anyone else? Do you expect the owner of a restaurant to come out and compliment your tie every time you eat there?

i don't think your analogy fits. for instance:

i am the customer, rep jim for the great food, over and over

are you telling me that the owner would never stop at my table and say.... something "nice"

i think the owner (restaurant) would go out of his way to tell the customer how great they are.

manu1959
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
so we should not rep good one liners?

i say you should do what makes you happy......each person has their own criteria and jim has his guidlines....

Yurt
02-19-2008, 08:18 PM
=jimnyc;204103]Up at the top of the board on the navigation bar is a link to a page I made about the rep system a long time back. I've also addressed the system, it's abuses and it's intent countless times before.

okay, didn't know that, will look

I think it's quite easy to understand. It's meant to be a gauge of someone's reputation on the board, not a popularity contest. Any reasonable poster should be aware it's not necessary to rep a friend 30 times in a month, nor should they be neg repping someone that many times in a month. Common sense also dictates that we don't use the system just to harass someone we don't like.

okay

Unfortunately, you cannot simply make rules for a handful and not include the entire community, the system doesn't allow for that. We can't set parameters for some and not everyone.

I know that, and said that in my post.

That's why my thoughts are this - if the "average" member uses about 5 reps daily, and the abuser uses 10-30 daily, we can limit it to the average. If the "average" member doesn't bombard their friends with rep, and only occasionally, then only those who abuse the system would be affected by being forced to hit 20 people before the same person again.

are you studying statistics? i'm thinking of taking the GMAT, and they have these kinds of questions. so johnny is in a pool of water and the current is 3 mph, and johny swims X....

If I leave it as is, then I get constant complaints about abuse and "rep teams". If I air my thoughts about limiting the system, members get offended. There has to be common ground somewhere. I tried my best to address the issue with members I felt were abusing the system and only received arguments and nastiness for my polite efforts.

could be me, but those getting offended are the ones you are talking about. not telling you what to do, just asking questions.

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey Jim, check out your rep power:dev2::dev::afro::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::lau gh2:

Quite fitting! I am the devil I guess! :coffee:

Yurt
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
i say you should do what makes you happy......each person has their own criteria and jim has his guidlines....

no problem. as long as everyone knows the guidelines.

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Yo tambien

You really are going to the hot place if you keep using those dirty foreign words. :slap:

dan
02-19-2008, 08:22 PM
i don't think your analogy fits. for instance:

i am the customer, rep jim for the great food, over and over

are you telling me that the owner would never stop at my table and say.... something "nice"

i think the owner (restaurant) would go out of his way to tell the customer how great they are.

Fair enough. I honestly read your and manu's posts as more agressive than (I think) they were, and my response was too snarky. My bad!

(I'm not good at this Steel Cage thing, am I? :D)

Kathianne
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Fair enough. I honestly read your and manu's posts as more agressive than (I think) they were, and my response was too snarky. My bad!

(I'm not good at this Steel Cage thing, am I? :D)

Not something I'd recommend working on...

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
could be me, but those getting offended are the ones you are talking about. not telling you what to do, just asking questions.

Let's put it this way, if you haven't had a discussion with me via PM, then I don't consider you an abuser of the rep system. I don't want to tell anyone that they can't rep a one liner, something they find witty or funny, or when someone throws a "zing" at another. I do think the personalities add to the "reputation" of a member. But a handful of people throw out 20 or so of these a day, and to the same people day in and day out. Some members on the board have a rep power of over 1,000 and some around 1,500. Think about it, they hit you twice a day and that's 3,000 points! Add that up for a month...

I do think 95% of the board uses it fairly, and understands it's not the "end all" in gauging whether someone is a good contributing member or not.

I never have, and never will, penalize anyone unfairly on this board. I won't implement something that the community as a whole doesn't accept and/or want. I'm not trying to be a prick to anyone or trying to limit anyone's enjoyment here. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The only reason I've addressed this issue was because of complaints and I wanted to ensure that as many people as possible got enjoyment and a sense of fairness out of the system. The limitations Martin mentioned and I have touched upon were never implemented. It's a work in process in my head on how to make everyone happy with the system. But, as usual, I would always seek feedback from the community before making any drastic changes.

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 08:29 PM
give everyone 20 million rep power and let us just pos and neg rep each until we're too tired to bother with em any more. :cheers2:

jimnyc
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
give everyone 20 million rep power and let us just pos and neg rep each until we're too tired to bother with em any more. :cheers2:

That would be pretty comical! One neg rep to someone though would put them in the red and they'd no longer have the ability to rep anyone anymore! LOL

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
OMFG! You know it's reasonable when LN doesn't have complaints about a rule. Hell, she normally has problems with rules simply because they ARE rules!

(Love ya, LN!)
:laugh2: :p

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
That would be pretty comical! One neg rep to someone though would put them in the red and they'd no longer have the ability to rep anyone anymore! LOL

jack all the rules around to make it so fun that people can't compare themselves to each other We could have "opposite rep days" or something !!! -----It's supposed to be for FUN ain't it ? These people who are bitching haven't figured that part out yet. :laugh2::laugh2:

hjmick
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Why some people on message boards seem to take their reputation status as a measure of their selfworth to me has always been a riddle.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Why some people on message boards seem to take their reputation status as a measure of their selfworth to me has always been a riddle.

just because i have higher rep than you, doesn't mean you have to crawl on the pitty pot

:finger3:

hjmick
02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
just because i have higher rep than you, doesn't mean you have to crawl on the pitty pot

:finger3:

ROFL. If I could, I'd rep you for that.

Yurt
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
ROFL. If I could, I'd rep you for that.

what does jim think?

hjmick
02-19-2008, 09:50 PM
what does jim think?

I'm not sure, but according to some, he doesn't! :laugh2:

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Ahhhhhh guys, the pitty pot is occupied. I think Martin is in there. I may be wrong.

manu1959
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Ahhhhhh guys, the pitty pot is occupied. I think Martin is in there. I may be wrong.

really?

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
really?

Yeah, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. It has to happen someday. :cheers2:

hjmick
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM

Which is kind of funny, I mean, he is among the top ten on the rep list.

retiredman
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Which is kind of funny, I mean, he is among the top ten on the rep list.

if that fact alone does not prove that the rep system has been abused, or overrun by mouth-breathers, I do not know what would.

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 10:27 PM
if that fact alone does not prove that the rep system has been abused, or overrun by mouth-breathers, I do not know what would.

BTW...MFM...take this invisible but honest positive rep for the great Blog entry you made. :cheers2:

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 10:30 PM
BTW...MFM...take this invisible but honest positive rep for the great Blog entry you made. :cheers2:

OH MAN---Invisible rep !!!! Awesome idea Mr. P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

maybe we should just be able to see our OWN rep !!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmm????

retiredman
02-19-2008, 10:30 PM

Thank you Mr. P. I really appreciate it!

chesswarsnow
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I concur, was a excellent blog.
2. Even though we don't agree on much in the political world.
3. I am glad you were taken care of, and survived.
4. I have had those encounters with God myself.
5. And it is comforting that you were told of this impending physical peril.
6. You were warned, and that's great, now if I just get you over to the right side of the fence. Hehehe,......
7. No really glad you made it man.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
02-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Your suggestion is noted, and I edited the post

Martin, I think your first post is kind of over the line, and you may want to edit it. Just a friendly suggestion.

Mr. P
02-19-2008, 11:56 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Better 5 pages tooooo late than never, I guess. :dunno:

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
edited

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
edit

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 12:04 AM
edit

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
edit

Psychoblues
02-20-2008, 04:56 AM
I wonder where I would be minus the frivolous neg reps and banishments I've received in this most uneven, unfair and generally unconcerned atmosphere?

I'd probably be about where I am right now. Drinkin' some Busch, diggin' some Jimi, jammin' some keyboard and hopin' life don't get no worse.

Jim, can you audit my account and reverse all that shit your dumbass moderators have been saying about me?

jimnyc
02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Jim, can you audit my account and reverse all that shit your dumbass moderators have been saying about me?

Psycho, let's be honest, you make it sound as if you have been abused by staff with the rep system. I have audited your account and found a total of 5 negative reps from staff members since July of 2007, 4 from one staff member and one from another. I did dig deeper and found 12 more from Jan of 07 to July of 07.

I'm not going to decide whether or not the reps were worthy or not as I didn't go as far as to look at the posts that they were given for. But in the interest of fairness, and to remove any perception of impropriety by staff members, I have deleted every negative rep I could locate that came from one of our staff members.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 10:32 AM
I wonder where I would be minus the frivolous neg reps and banishments I've received in this most uneven, unfair and generally unconcerned atmosphere?

I'd probably be about where I am right now. Drinkin' some Busch, diggin' some Jimi, jammin' some keyboard and hopin' life don't get no worse.

jimmy, pb has said some really dumb shit over the years and as much as i really like him i really should have negged him ..... probably a dozen times or so ......so if you don't mind could you just ding him 15,000 points or so......

thanks so much....

PostmodernProphet
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
jimmy, pb has said some really dumb shit over the years and as much as i really like him i really should have negged him ..... probably a dozen times or so ......so if you don't mind could you just ding him 15,000 points or so......

thanks so much....

and as long as we're at it, I realize I didn't rep nearly as much as I ought to have done.....I will PM you with my list of corrections......:laugh2:

Dilloduck
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Bothering people on another board maybe ?? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM

Thank you, Martin. :clap:

jimnyc
02-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you, Martin. :clap:

Too bad his post was quoted by others already and remain in place! :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I want to be clear with everyone on the steps I took for Psycho. He was NOT abnormally repped by staff. I think approximately 15-20 negative reps in a little over a year from staff members is very little actually. I saw no proof of any of the reps being given out "just for the hell of it". I saw nothing to indicate anything was inappropriate at all. I simply removed them as a measure of good faith and to remove any negative perceptions. Staff members are free to use the system just like any member of the board, and are set to the same limitations as everyone else. The action I took will not be repeated again unless there is a clear issue of abuse.

I also want to make it clear that everyone is free to continue using the system as they had before this thread started. If I could ask just one thing, it would be that members refrain from ganging up with others to increase their score or to bring others down.

I will not make any changes without discussing it with the board first and getting appropriate feedback. As it stands, I will leave it as it is for now and take things one day at a time.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM

Yeah, there is that. :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, there is that. :laugh2:

That's ok, it was the attempt that counts. I'm used to Martin's abuse and reversal of feelings a few hours later. I'm kinda like that in a lot of ways myself. I used to go off on people at work and get pissed about all kinds of things, then return to work the next day and be all apologetic. It's either my bi-polar, or the meds I take for it! Either that or I'm a prick like everyone tells me! :coffee:

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:06 PM
That's ok, it was the attempt that counts. I'm used to Martin's abuse and reversal of feelings a few hours later. I'm kinda like that in a lot of ways myself. I used to go off on people at work and get pissed about all kinds of things, then return to work the next day and be all apologetic. It's either my bi-polar, or the meds I take for it! Either that or I'm a prick like everyone tells me! :coffee:

sounds like normal human behaviour to me.......in my opinion you run a very fair place to hang out ....

jimnyc
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
sounds like normal human behaviour to me.......in my opinion you run a very fair place to hang out ....

Are you stating it's normal to be a prick? :poke:

I'm glad you like the place and believe I'm fair though. Like I've told others before, I know I can be a true sarcastic asshole when replying to people but I try to do my best to remain impartial and fair when it comes to running the board. I know it's hard for some members to differentiate the 2 people, but the fact that they are still here to complain shows that I'm not a DU graduate at least!

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:12 PM

I'm glad you like the place and believe I'm fair though. Like I've told others before, I know I can be a true sarcastic asshole when replying to people but I try to do my best to remain impartial and fair when it comes to running the board. I know it's hard for some members to differentiate the 2 people, but the fact that they are still here to complain shows that I'm not a DU graduate at least!

just ask anyone that knows me in the real world ... they claim i have developed it to an art form ..... i see your behaviour as completely normal .....

hjmick
02-20-2008, 05:15 PM

I am a member of several message boards, eight or nine(though I only frequent a three or four of them regularly these days), and on one I am a moderator. It has been my experience that those who complain the most about a system being "unfair" are often times guilty themselves of being unfair to other members, and almost always they are guilty of posting with a general lack of civility.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I am a member of several message boards, eight or nine(though I only frequent a three or four of them regularly these days), and on one I am a moderator. It has been my experience that those who complain the most about a system being "unfair" are often times guilty themselves of being unfair to other members, and almost always they are guilty of posting with a general lack of civility.

the things we hate the most in others and or acuse them of are the things which we are generally most guilty ..... now who said that ....

dan
02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
If I could ask just one thing, it would be that members refrain from ganging up with others to increase their score or to bring others down.

Wait, people are doing that here???? :slap:

Kathianne
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM

thanks so much....

Damn, that could have been several rep worthy sentences. Alas...:laugh2: spread around time!

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I edited like 10 other angry posts, before anyone ever saw them, cant i get a little credit.

Besides I like jimmy, I just get to be a pmssy bitch sometimes, and hope jim never takes me seriously

Damn, that could have been several rep worthy sentences. Alas...:laugh2: spread around time!

Kathianne
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I edited like 10 other angry posts, before anyone ever saw them, cant i get a little credit.

Besides I like jimmy, I just get to be a pmssy bitch sometimes, and hope jim never takes me seriously

Ummm, that wasn't directed to you at all. Really, read what the quote was about. I agree with what Jim wrote reagarding 'change of heart,' over time.

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I wasnt yelling at you, i was just saying i felt bad, because he was right.

:(-

Ummm, that wasn't directed to you at all. Really, read what the quote was about. I agree with what Jim wrote reagarding 'change of heart,' over time.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 07:32 PM

I gave you credit, Martin. See Post #87. :salute:

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
yes you did, you are one of the biggest sweethearts on the board, and i thank you kindly

You rule!

I gave you credit, Martin. See Post #87. :salute:

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 07:41 PM
sorry about that, :cheers2:

I can be an abusive asshole at times, and need to stop making excuses for it

I am really sorry

:salute:

jackass
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM

You dont say!!! :finger3:

jackass
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
and hope jim never takes me seriously

Dont worry there Martin. With that rainbow t-shirt you have on, I dont think it will be a problem.... :laugh2:

Im just messin with you Martin!! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
New edit time limit is f'in stupid. I need more than ten minutes.

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I only wear rainbows on the weeksn :laugh2: j/k

And honestly that avatar will never get old :coffee:

Dont worry there Martin. With that rainbow t-shirt you have on, I dont think it will be a problem.... :laugh2:

Im just messin with you Martin!! :laugh2: