PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war vet accused of baby rape

LiberalNation
02-20-2008, 08:06 AM
and he's out free on bond..........

and the fact that he's an Iraq vet means nothing in regards to this case.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080220/ap_on_re_us/infant_raped;_ylt=ApR7zH7X5oRwwcitwnQ2NZUDW7oF

JACKSON, Mich. - A former Army paratrooper who served two tours of duty in Iraq has been ordered tried on charges of raping and critically injuring a 3-month-old girl.

Kirk Coleman is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and first-degree child abuse, charges that carry up to life in prison.

Authorities say the then-27-year-old Coleman attacked the baby Sept. 14 in Jackson County's Blackman Township, about 65 miles west of Detroit.

The girl sustained brain damage and 17 broken bones and is undergoing therapy. District Judge R. Darryl Mazur ruled Tuesday there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Coleman allegedly told investigators he blacked out after drinking heavily and taking pain killers and awoke to find the injured baby in her crib, The Jackson Citizen Patriot reported. WILX-TV says he remains free on $100,000 bond.

The Associated Press left messages after business hours Tuesday seeking comment from defense lawyer Dennis Hurst.

nevadamedic
02-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I bet if this was just an average citizen you wouldn't have even posted this story. :poke:

LiberalNation
02-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I would have, raping a baby, you can't get much sicker than that.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I would have, raping a baby, you can't get much sicker than that.

Hmm. Then why did you re-use the title "Iraq War vet accused of raping baby"? In my world of English usage, that makes the fact that he is a vet the most important piece of information in your post.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 04:15 PM
guilty til proven innocent..........

LiberalNation
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Hmm. Then why did you re-use the title "Iraq War vet accused of raping baby"? In my world of English usage, that makes the fact that he is a vet the most important piece of information in your post.

i always use the title of the article as it's listed. not gona waste time thinking up a new title and a lot of boards have rules about using proper titles.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 04:36 PM
i always use the title of the article as it's listed. not gona waste time thinking up a new title and a lot of boards have rules about using proper titles.

Then you cannot wonder why we question your choice of articles. I think there have been two showing the military in a very bad light in just a few days/one week?

hjmick
02-20-2008, 04:36 PM

It would have been very easy to retitle. I would have gone with "Sick Fuck accused of baby rape," but that's just me.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
It would have been very easy to retitle. I would have gone with "Sick Fuck accused of baby rape," but that's just me.

There ya go.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM

as my dad used to say ....the police don't arrest innocent people....guilty til proven innocent....

and he was a criminal defence attorney

nevadamedic
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM

Any chance you can take a shot at the military you will. I guarantee if we had a Democrap President and he decided to goto war you would be praising him and the troops. Can we say hipocrite?

Oh shit, I almost forgot, that scenerio will never happen as today's Democraps are to big of pansies to defend our country.

LiberalNation
02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Then you cannot wonder why we question your choice of articles. I think there have been two showing the military in a very bad light in just a few days/one week?
Those are the stories making the news. Don't like it, take it up with ap. I post stories I think will get responses. See the terrorist burning video as one example, it's not always just our troops.

pegwinn
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Don't worry LN. You were right to post the factual title of the article. I mean how else can we continue to expose the media bias against the troops.

Since he aint in my service I propose we take up a collection and let one of our Army vets go up there and slowly skin this guy if he is found guilty.

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
"Iraq War Vet"? How about just a pervert? They are everywhere and probably lurking on your kids. What kind of parents are you?

nevadamedic
02-22-2008, 02:34 AM
"Iraq War Vet"? How about just a pervert? They are everywhere and probably lurking on your kids. What kind of parents are you?

Do you have something else you want to confess to?

PostmodernProphet
02-22-2008, 07:12 AM
no, he's right about that pervert comment....I recall hearing on the news, when they were looking for one of the current list of missing women, I think it was the one who was taken from her friends couch, that the police were looking at the people on the sex offenders list, but that it would take time.....there were nearly 200 that lived within two miles of her.......

how many live within two miles of you?.....