PDA

View Full Version : Dem state Senator lists Obama's accomplishments on national TV

Little-Acorn
02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
With a viewership numbering in the hundreds, MSNBC may not actually qualify as "national TV", but it still catches an occasional nugget.

------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

from "Best of the Web"
by James Taranto

On MSNBC last night, host Chris Matthews had a telling interview with Kirk Watson, a state senator from Texas who is a strong Obama supporter. It's worth actually watching the video, which is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o , but here's a partial transcript, provided by National Review's Kathryn Lopez http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM0MGFiMjZhYWZmZDcyM2M1ODgyYjA3NjE4ZjU1ZGY= :

*** QUOTE ***

Matthews: "You are a big Barack supporter, right, Senator?"

Watson: "I am. Yes, I am."

Matthews: "Well, name some of his legislative accomplishments. No, Senator, I want you to name some of Barack Obama's legislative accomplishments tonight if you can."

Watson: "Well, you know, what I will talk about is more about what he is offering the American people right now."

Matthews: "No. No. What has he accomplished, sir? You say you support him. Sir, you have to give me his accomplishments. You've supported him for president. You are on national television. Name his legislative accomplishments, Barack Obama, sir."

Watson: "Well, I'm not going to be able to name you specific items of legislative accomplishments."

Matthews: "Can you name any? Can you name anything he's accomplished as a congressman?"

Watson: "No, I'm not going to be able to do that tonight."

Matthews: "Well, that is a problem isn't it?"

*** END QUOTE ***

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I tried to rep you for this gem. Too funny!

I will catch you later, LA.

hjmick
02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Makes for a short conversation when there are no substantive accomplishments to speak of. As for "what he is offering the American people," so far it has been the words "Hope" and "Change" with no mention of what those will entail.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
you all should read the issues section on his website....he is pretty specific about what he plans to do.....

retiredman
02-20-2008, 05:38 PM
you all should read the issues section on his website....he is pretty specific about what he plans to do.....

precisely

hjmick
02-20-2008, 05:41 PM

With no specifics on how he will get it done or how much it will cost the American taxpayers.

Yurt
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
With no specifics on how he will get it done or how much it will cost the American taxpayers.

but it makes some "feel good" though

manu1959
02-20-2008, 05:49 PM

actually you should read a bit closer ... he is pretty specific ..... more specific than either hillary or mccain ....

not saying i agree with what he wants to do but he is pretty specific...

hjmick
02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
but it makes some "feel good" though

Judging by the list, it should make damn near everyone feel good.

theHawk
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Obama hasn't accomplished a damned thing in his brief Senatorial career other than voting exactly how the Democratic Party dictated to him. He is a political hack who has never once demonstrated a willingness to work with "the other side of the isle" nor shown the ability to break away from what the liberal Democrats demand.

How this fraud is going to unite this country is beyond me, unless he considers forcing the opposition to accept Democratic talking points as "reaching across the isle."

retiredman
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Obama hasn't accomplished a damned thing in his brief Senatorial career other than voting exactly how the Democratic Party dictated to him. He is a political hack who has never once demonstrated a willingness to work with "the other side of the isle" nor shown the ability to break away from what the liberal Democrats demand.

How this fraud is going to unite this country is beyond me, unless he considers forcing the opposition to accept Democratic talking points as "reaching across the isle."

republicans in the Illinois State Senate tell a much different story.

gabosaurus
02-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Now that the Hollywood script writers are no longer on strike, perhaps Hillary will be able to put together her accomplishments.

Bill's accomplishments have already been documented. They're currently running on Xtube.

nevadamedic
02-21-2008, 12:57 AM
He left out that Oprah endorsed him.

JohnDoe
02-21-2008, 01:49 AM
i am not certain hillary has been ruled out yet either, there is still a race going on, obama definately has the momentum and the tide going with him.

mccain was ruled out of the game if i recall too...at one point.

plus huckabee has stayed in the race with mccain, could be huckabee knows about the swift boating about to take place on mccain with the affair bombshell Dillo posted a thread on?

The fat lady hasn't sung on either side of the aisle imho.

jd

nevadamedic
02-21-2008, 02:01 AM
i am not certain hillary has been ruled out yet either, there is still a race going on, obama definately has the momentum and the tide going with him.

mccain was ruled out of the game if i recall too...at one point.

plus huckabee has stayed in the race with mccain, could be huckabee knows about the swift boating about to take place on mccain with the affair bombshell Dillo posted a thread on?

The fat lady hasn't sung on either side of the aisle imho.

jd

It is impossible for Hucklebee to win. He is just acting like a sore loser and will end up hurting the GOP by his actions.

JohnDoe
02-21-2008, 02:25 AM
It is impossible for Hucklebee to win. He is just acting like a sore loser and will end up hurting the GOP by his actions.

nevada, look for a thread by dillo regarding a possible swift boating about to happen with mccain....go in to the link dillo put up, then once there go in to the additional link they provided regarding mccain previous rumors....and previous actions regarding the savings and loans scandal and the keating 5 and his wife's involvement etc....

i personally believe the affair with the lobbyist is not true, or not enough info on it to make it seem true imho, and that this is a tactic of an opponent to rerelease this kind of info, at the last minute, to affect the outcome of the vote.

the reublicans have an equivalent to a superdelegate in their primary process too i believe, and if mccain was knocked down badly by a scandal, before your convention, then maybe the party's powers to be will put huckabee up?

i really don't know how a possible scenario like that would really play out, i am just speculating! :D

jd