PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives & Republicans: Would you vote for this guy?

5stringJeff
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
For those who consider themselves conservatives and/or Republicans:

Here's the stand on the issues of a current Presidential candidate. Would you vote for him?

(Sorry this is a bit long.)
-------------
Limited Government- run the federal government with one overriding goal- protect the dignity, rights, liberty and freedom of the individual.

States' Rights- I support restoring the constitution, getting the federal government out of our lives, and solving problems at the most local level possible.

I will NOT raise tax rates- PERIOD!

I support drastically reduced & simplified federal taxes (flat tax).

I support the elimination of death taxes.

I support dramatically reduced government spending.

I support cutting, shrinking and/or streamlining entire departments of the federal government- departments that based on the Constitution are not under federal jurisdiction.

I support dramatically reduced government entitlement programs.

I support dramatically reduced corporate welfare.

I support a balanced budget- to accomplish this goal, I pledge to cap discretionary federal spending (other than monies dedicated to military spending and war on terror).

I support an immediate end to Affirmative action in awarding government contracts. This is reverse racism- PERIOD.

I support a Free Market economy- Plain and simple, capitalism works. When government gets involved it creates distortion, dysfunction and disaster. I support free enterprise, reduced government regulation, and tax relief for entrepreneurs and small business., as well as personal responsibility for the individual.

I support the total elimination of the Department of Education on the federal level.

I support a Free Market health care system- Let's get the federal government out of the health care business and leave it up to individuals.

I support overturning McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform- it is a violation of our First Amendment rights to free speech.

I do support campaign reform in the form of mandatory term limits for all elected officials.

I support Voting ballots in English-only.

I support the rights of citizens to bear arms. I believe in the Second Amendment- the right of Americans to keep and bear arms.

Drastically reduced foreign aid- stop funding countries that aren't our friends- utilize the carrot vs. stick.

I support greater oversight of government spending and Pentagon spending.

I support greater accountability and transparency at the United Nations. We must demand a cut in spending, waste, fraud and abuse of U.N. funds.

End warrantless wiretaps immediately

I oppose Eminent Domain by government

End the pointless (and expensive) prosecution of victimless crimes- end the police state/Big Brother.

The war on drugs is a failure- this is one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money. Let's start with legalization of medicinal marijuana- this is a states' rights issue.

I oppose censorship and federal interference in the entertainment business-I support freedom of expression and oppose government censorship and over-regulation of entertainment, communications, media or technology.

I oppose a National ID card for Americans.

I stand strongly for Free Market Healthcare. I will protect American consumer's rights and freedoms to choose holistic, natural, alternative health care products and services.

I believe abortion is a matter of personal choice and not intended for federal government intervention. Let's get the federal government out of a woman's right to choose what to do with their own body- this will prevent the death of innocent women at the hands of butchers in back-alleys. BUT I also support common sense limitations on abortion- no late term or partial birth abortion (unless a mother's life is endangered)...no federal funding of abortion...and I support Parental Notification for underage girls.

I support gay rights and civil unions. Gay marriage however is not a federal issue. It is a states' rights issue only.

I support stem cell research- it is not government's job to stop valuable and critical medical research on disease based on extreme religious views.

I believe in school prayer, God in our pledge of allegiance and on our currency. To remove these religious symbols would be to deny the rights and freedoms of religious Americans.

Illegal Immigration- I support securing our borders. We must first secure our borders to control the entry into our country of foreigners who pose a threat to the security, health, property or economic well-being of Americans.

I support making it easier for LEGAL immigrants with education & high tech skills to work legally in the USA.

I oppose public funding and entitlements for illegal aliens. But I support providing a "Path to Citizenship" for 12 million illegal immigrants already here.

82Marine89
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
He has my vote.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Sorry, the abortion policy is a deal breaker for me.

DragonStryk72
02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Got my vote.

02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
i see a number of things i can agree and disagree with

I disagree with abortion.

I disagree with eliminating eminent domain. its a constitutional principle.

I disagree with any sort of corporate welfare.

I disagree with legalizing illegal drugs.

I support withdrawaling from the UN altogether and disbanding the organization.

I disagree with gay marriage/civil unions.

I oppose federal funding of stem cells. The federal government should not be involved in funding it. The candidate is clearly uninformed on the issue. Nor do i think desire to save human life is extreme.

So probably not.

manu1959
02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
ron paul....

02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
ron paul....

It's not Ron Paul. Ron Paul opposes abortion.

manu1959
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM
It's not Ron Paul. Ron Paul opposes abortion.

yes he does but i belive he said it is a stets right issue not a federal govt issue...but i could be wrong...

5stringJeff
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The candidate in question is Wayne Root (http://www.rootforamerica.com/). He's one of the contenders for the Libertarian Party's nomination. While I don't agree with him 100%, he definitely fits my views closer than anyone in the GOP, and if he is the LP's candidate, I'll vote for him.

EDIT: Here's a video (http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=9b234fda9dd9489e01ea08ae7e91b9).

manu1959
02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
The candidate in question is Wayne Root (http://www.rootforamerica.com/). He's one of the contenders for the Libertarian Party's nomination. While I don't agree with him 100%, he definitely fits my views closer than anyone in the GOP, and if he is the LP's candidate, I'll vote for him.

EDIT: Here's a video (http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=9b234fda9dd9489e01ea08ae7e91b9).

his views seem quite close to ron's....i know you were a big fan of ron's views why they switch?

5stringJeff
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
his views seem quite close to ron's....i know you were a big fan of ron's views why they switch?

Ron Paul won't be around in the general election.

manu1959
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Ron Paul won't be around in the general election.

why don't you write him in .... you seem to prefer is vision...

5stringJeff
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
why don't you write him in .... you seem to prefer is vision...

I'd rather support the LP candidate than write in someone who won't be running any more at that point. Don't get me wrong, I think Ron Paul would be a great president. But I also think it would be wise to vote outside the GOP, seeing as how they are abandoning the principles of freedom right now.

manu1959
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd rather support the LP candidate than write in someone who won't be running any more at that point. Don't get me wrong, I think Ron Paul would be a great president. But I also think it would be wise to vote outside the GOP, seeing as how they are abandoning the principles of freedom right now.

i agree it is a difficult year to find someone that matches my view of what the leader of this company should be.........

Kathianne
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
i agree it is a difficult year to find someone that matches my view of what the leader of this company should be.........

It certainly is.

02-21-2008, 06:57 PM

me too. Atleast till im 35. then ill have someone who would align perfectly with myself. the question is should i run then?

5stringJeff
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM

It certainly is.

I totally agree.