PDA

View Full Version : cuban medical system failing because of the us

manu1959
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~ksinghz/cubamed/FoodMedicine.htm

In 1989, the World Health Organization extolled Cuba's health care system as a "model for the world." Cuba, with its nutritional safety net, extensive system of family doctors and sophisticated tertiary care facilities, had achieved the highest quality of life indicators in Latin America, including an infant mortality rate 30 points below the average, on a par with the developed world.

But ten years later two studies, conducted by the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the American Association for World Health (AAWH), indicate the Cuban people, especially the children, are now facing dangerous shortages of medicines and medical supplies. Although some of the blame can be placed on the dissolution of the Soviet bloc countries and inefficiencies within Cuba, the APHA and the AAWH find that the fault lies primarily with the U.S. embargo of Cuba.

------snip------

Recommendation:
The United States should cease measures that exacerbate the food and medicine crisis in Cuba. Restrictions on the sale and shipment of food and agricultural supplies, as well as of medicines and medical equipment, have been loosened in recent years, but restrictions should be eliminated altogether. The U.S. President should maintain intergovernmental pressure to democratize the Cuban political system, yet should also actively work with Congress to eliminate the embargo against the Cuban people.

now this all may be true and i have no reason to believe it isn't .....but i find the last line fvery interesting.....the people of cuba call on the president of another country to help them ..... why don't they pressure their own president to change his politics to fix their own problem.....

sound like the behaviour of any other political party you know.....i will give you a hint.....the provider party...

Microcosmos
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Medical Students for Cuba (MSFC) is a non-profit medical student association at the University of Michigan Medical School, working in cooperation with Caribbean Medical Transport and the Cuban AIDS Project.

Why would expatriates of Cuba living in the United States have any hope for working with Castro's (& now his brother's) regime?

manu1959
02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Why would expatriates of Cuba living in the United States have any hope for working with Castro's (& now his brother's) regime?

to help the people....and of course once the american govt fixes the cuban govt ....read the last fucking paragraph for fucks sake.....

diuretic
02-21-2008, 09:30 PM
to help the people....and of course once the american govt fixes the cuban govt ....read the last fucking paragraph for fucks sake.....

The American government "fixing" the Cuban government?

Microcosmos
02-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow your cursing just now made me suddenly agree with your point.

Yurt
02-21-2008, 09:48 PM

fuck ya

Microcosmos
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
:no:

glockmail
02-21-2008, 10:52 PM
.... The U.S. President should maintain intergovernmental pressure to democratize the Cuban political system, yet should also actively work with Congress to eliminate the embargo against the Cuban people. ....... I can't disagree with this. When Cuba is a democracy the US should normalize relations.:)

PostmodernProphet
02-21-2008, 10:54 PM
the AAWH find that the fault lies primarily with the U.S. embargo of Cuba

omigorsh, that sucks.....surprises me though.....I had no idea that 100% of medicine and medical supplies came from the US.....imagine that......Chavez shouldn't be so cocky with his oil.....we snap our fingers and his hospitals dry up and blow away, eh?.........wonder why the Chinese haven't tipped to this opportunity yet......

(that was too much sarcasm for one post wasn't it......I should have saved some of that for later)............

manu1959
02-21-2008, 11:00 PM

you have no idea how fucking happy that makes me:fu:

Microcosmos
02-21-2008, 11:41 PM
:finger3: I think we agree, but I was responding to the last paragraph of the quote, not the last paragraph of your comment, which I'll admit I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Too cryptic for me, but I'm not all that politaically savvy so it should come as no surprise. The only point I was trying to make is that the organization would be looking to the US prez of course, because it is a US organization that includes ex-pats who want nothing to do with Fidel or any other communist. Eh?

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Can we now attempt to fix our own health industry problems?

:finger3: I think we agree, but I was responding to the last paragraph of the quote, not the last paragraph of your comment, which I'll admit I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Too cryptic for me, but I'm not all that politaically savvy so it should come as no surprise. The only point I was trying to make is that the organization would be looking to the US prez of course, because it is a US organization that includes ex-pats who want nothing to do with Fidel or any other communist. Eh?

What the fuck are you talking about?

emmett
02-22-2008, 02:44 AM

Shit.....fuck.......piss.......shit.......fuck

Wake up man. We sort of have enough problems don't we? Why do we have to be the world's caretaker? They have a government. Seems to me they need to make some changes? They can start at the Castro mansion.

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Nice talk, emmett.

Shit.....fuck.......piss.......shit.......fuck

You exemplify the problem we have with the reich wingers in attempting to address the American health care crises.

nevadamedic
02-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Nice talk, emmett.

You exemplify the problem we have with the reich wingers in attempting to address the American health care crises.

Wow, now your an expert on healthcare too?

stephanie
02-22-2008, 05:04 AM

Ha.......double speak.....for he couldn't care...I have it made so why sould I give a danm...........I don't have to extend myself.....I made it..........so that's all I care about............:coffee:

manu1959
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Nice talk, emmett.

please describe exactly what the crisis is.....