PDA

View Full Version : Politics

Classact
02-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Is it just me or is the presidential race becoming a joke. Obama and Hillary are parsing words to divide themselves without pissing off anyone. Hardly nothing separates them on issues... Obama's claim to fame is Change and Hope coupled with his self asserted FACTs that everyone inside of the Washington DC beltway is a crook and on the take. I'm like, why the hell don't Hillary bitch slap Obama and ask him how he's going to deal with all the corrupt Democrats and Republicans to change America? Why don't she ask him how he's going to Hope America into the future with Washington full of corrupt politicians... underline the facts that a majority of the politicians are Democrats...

And, then on the Republican side the nominee to be ordained isn't popular with his base and, if Obama sells the driving fact that, "all politicians inside the beltway" are corrupt then he is screwed equal to Hillary. A low turnout of Republican voters will assure a Democratic majority in Congress anyway regardless who becomes president.

Why even bother as each candidate sells their soul to the youth, black and female voters that make up about 15% of the eligible voting population? If the other 85% of eligible voters demanded no selling out to illegal immigrants, race or gender to get votes would we have a different puke in the White house next spring?

Dilloduck
02-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Is it just me or is the presidential race becoming a joke. Obama and Hillary are parsing words to divide themselves without pissing off anyone. Hardly nothing separates them on issues... Obama's claim to fame is Change and Hope coupled with his self asserted FACTs that everyone inside of the Washington DC beltway is a crook and on the take. I'm like, why the hell don't Hillary bitch slap Obama and ask him how he's going to deal with all the corrupt Democrats and Republicans to change America? Why don't she ask him how he's going to Hope America into the future with Washington full of corrupt politicians... underline the facts that a majority of the politicians are Democrats...

And, then on the Republican side the nominee to be ordained isn't popular with his base and, if Obama sells the driving fact that, "all politicians inside the beltway" are corrupt then he is screwed equal to Hillary. A low turnout of Republican voters will assure a Democratic majority in Congress anyway regardless who becomes president.

Why even bother as each candidate sells their soul to the youth, black and female voters that make up about 15% of the eligible voting population? If the other 85% of eligible voters demanded no selling out to illegal immigrants, race or gender to get votes would we have a different puke in the White house next spring?

agreed---the challenge now appears to be how charismatic you can be without pissing off some segment of the American constituency by speaking in specifics. I told my son it was sorta like watching American Idol except that no one is even singing. :laugh2:

Classact
02-22-2008, 08:05 AM
agreed---the challenge now appears to be how charismatic you can be without pissing off some segment of the American constituency by speaking in specifics. I told my son it was sorta like watching American Idol except that no one is even singing. :laugh2:A good memorial line for Hillary would be, Well what exactly qualifies you to deal with corrupt politicians? Do you have something on your early resume where you had success dealing with corrupt people?

Dilloduck
02-22-2008, 08:12 AM
A good memorial line for Hillary would be, Well what exactly qualifies you to deal with corrupt politicians? Do you have something on your early resume where you had success dealing with corrupt people?

You mean besides herself ? :laugh2:

Classact
02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
You mean besides herself ? :laugh2:Cute!

Well he's a Senator too... perhaps she should put him on the spot and ask him to list "those corrupt politicians" that are the "problem" and hope for the best... then ask what he has done to clean up the corruption maybe?

Dilloduck
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Cute!

Well he's a Senator too... perhaps she should put him on the spot and ask him to list "those corrupt politicians" that are the "problem" and hope for the best... then ask what he has done to clean up the corruption maybe?

Well I'm with you. If Americans don't demand some answers to some difficult yet very pertinent questions we deserve the mush we get. Problem is WE don't get to put any of these candidates on the spot. Posters here got do a better job than those posing what are most likely vetted questions and giving them a pass when they dodge one.