PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up

Classact
02-22-2008, 09:04 AM
How could any adult smart enough to get this old think it would be all right? http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=58752 It seems like a person this stupid would not have learned to wipe their ass or drive a bus... What was she thinking?

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
I dunno!!!!!!! What happened? Takes too long to download your link for me!!!!!!!!

How could any adult smart enough to get this old think it would be all right? http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=58752 It seems like a person this stupid would not have learned to wipe their ass or drive a bus... What was she thinking?

Have you considered counseling?

02-27-2008, 02:16 AM

probably just couldnt take it anymore.

DragonStryk72
02-27-2008, 02:26 AM
I dunno!!!!!!! What happened? Takes too long to download your link for me!!!!!!!!

Have you considered counseling?

School Bus Driver Accused of Duct-Taping Unruly Children
Helen Vanessa Curry

Greenwood County (WLTX) A school bus driver in the Upstate has been arrested on charges that she duct-taped students on her bus.

Helen Vanessa Curry, 35, has been charged with eight counts of cruelty to children. WSPA-TV reports that she admitted to using duct tape to control children who she determined were unruly.

According to investigators, the woman would put tape over the mouths of children she thought were too loud. She also reportedly tied their hands if they touched other students.

The students in the incident were from Ware Shoals Elementary. The students ranged from five to 12-years-old, and one of the children was her own child. The incidents had been taking place since November.

However, she was reached by WSPA-TV, and says she wouldn't harm the children.

"My own child rode the school bus that I drove," Curry says. "I treated her no different than I treated the rest of the children on the bus. I would never intentionally put a child's life in danger nor would I be cruel to a child just for the sheer sake of cruelty. I did not do anything to those children to cause them any harm."

Curry has been released on bond.

WSPA reports Curry was terminated from the school district Friday on an unrelated matter. School officials say they did not learn about the allegations until she left the school.

"One of our bus drivers, Ms. Vanessa Curry, was terminated last Friday for reasons unrelated to the present matters, which did not come to my attention until after she was dismissed," said Faye Sprouse, Superintendent of Ware Shoals School District 51, in a released statement. "After dismissal last Friday, student riders on her bus told their new driver about having their mouths and hands taped as punishment for misbehavior on the bus. Upon learning of this utterly unacceptable behavior, we reported it immediately to law enforcement in order that they may conduct an investigation and take whatever action they deem to be appropriate."

AFbombloader
02-27-2008, 02:29 AM
I always knew duct tape fixed everything!

AF:salute:

diuretic
02-27-2008, 02:49 AM
She should have tasered them.

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Kids can drive you NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few of them have even had me banned from posting here,,,,,,,but only temporarily.

Sanity generally prevails.

Lee~*
02-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Theres a perfect example of why I drive a truck and not a school bus! In a soceity that has made it illegal to discipline children, and they know it, you are at their mercy ... Not me, no way, nope, never ... :slap: But then theres always the chance that I have a warped sense of reality ... after all, I grew up watching the Three Stooges ... :laugh2: Lee~*

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Is there a society that has outlawed the discipline of children? Or is that your excuse for dropping out? Really, I'm interested in considering your opinion and observation, Lee?!??!?!??!??!?!?!?

jackass
02-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Is there a society that has outlawed the discipline of children? Or is that your excuse for dropping out? Really, I'm interested in considering your opinion and observation, Lee?!??!?!??!??!?!?!?

It may not have been "outlawed" but they sure make it hard as parents to discipline your kids. I wont spank my kids in public because of it. All it takes is one assanine gotta be my kids best friend parent to call the authorities on you and your life is in shambles.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
How could any adult smart enough to get this old think it would be all right? ....
A product of the public school system and no dad, no doubt.

Classact
02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
A product of the public school system and no dad, no doubt.The woman duct taped her own child who also was a passenger on the bus.

I believe in strict discipline on children but recent episodes on school buses prove that to discipline, in any way will cause you to lose your job and face litigation.

Please someone tell me what and what not may a school bus driver take in order to keep their job. If each child spits on you as they exit or calls you a bitch or bastard should you respond or not? Who, what kind of person would subject themselves to driving a school bus? I would recommend a strict school policy that is zero tolerance... one report by the driver the student walks for life or parents responsibility to get them to school. What do you think?

Dilloduck
02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
The woman duct taped her own child who also was a passenger on the bus.

I believe in strict discipline on children but recent episodes on school buses prove that to discipline, in any way will cause you to lose your job and face litigation.

Please someone tell me what and what not may a school bus driver take in order to keep their job. If each child spits on you as they exit or calls you a bitch or bastard should you respond or not? Who, what kind of person would subject themselves to driving a school bus? I would recommend a strict school policy that is zero tolerance... one report by the driver the student walks for life or parents responsibility to get them to school. What do you think?

That's how it was in my day. It worked great.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 09:39 AM

Please someone tell me what and what not may a school bus driver take in order to keep their job. If each child spits on you as they exit or calls you a bitch or bastard should you respond or not? Who, what kind of person would subject themselves to driving a school bus? I would recommend a strict school policy that is zero tolerance... one report by the driver the student walks for life or parents responsibility to get them to school. What do you think? I drove a bus in college (local transit) so I appreciate the woman's situation. I grew up with a father who, by example, taught me how to discipline people. If I had an unruly passenger I would simply shut down the bus at the next stop and not start it up again until the kid got off. When a full bus shuts off from idle you attract a lot of attention.

The key is applying discipline within the rules, sticking to your defined task and taking it very seriously. I don't know the her district's policies, but I can't imagine a policy that would require a driver to operate a vehicle filled with kids in a environment full of distractions. As the "captain of the ship" you have full responsibility for the safety of the passengers.

That being the case, I would have printed out a rule and gave it to all the kids that basically said 'ANY behavior that distracts the driver will mean that you don't ride the bus the next day. Large distractions will cause the bus to come to a complete stop in a safe area and not re-start until the distraction is removed or under control. Further offenses mean more time off.' When the bus supervisor has to ferry unruly kids and their parents have to drive them to school/ pick them up the attitudes will be changed.

dan
02-27-2008, 09:41 AM
It may not have been "outlawed" but they sure make it hard as parents to discipline your kids. I wont spank my kids in public because of it. All it takes is one assanine gotta be my kids best friend parent to call the authorities on you and your life is in shambles.

To be fair, have you ever been in public when a parent is beating the shit out of their kid? It's very awkward, if parents want to wait until they get home to hit their kids, I have no problem with it.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 09:50 AM
To be fair, have you ever been in public when a parent is beating the shit out of their kid? It's very awkward, if parents want to wait until they get home to hit their kids, I have no problem with it. I never had to beat my kids in public. I would calmly describe to them how embarrasing it would be for them to be restrained and have their ass exposed to the public while my hand is busy turning pink into red. Since they know that I do what I say it worked every time. :laugh2:

jackass
02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
To be fair, have you ever been in public when a parent is beating the shit out of their kid? It's very awkward, if parents want to wait until they get home to hit their kids, I have no problem with it.

Im not talking about beating the shit out of them. If I saw someone do that, I would say something to them. I am talking about a swift smack on the butt. One. Not three or four or more. I wont even do one in public.

dan
02-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Im not talking about beating the shit out of them. If I saw someone do that, I would say something to them. I am talking about a swift smack on the butt. One. Not three or four or more. I wont even do one in public.

Well, I wasn't talking about you specifically, just in general. It's usually a black mom beating her kids in public, honestly.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Racist!

j/k

dan
02-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Racist!

j/k

:laugh2: Hey, if Katt Williams says it, I can say it too!

Pale Rider
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM

I drove a school bus back in Wisconsin. I liked it. The first thing you need to do is get the kids respect. I drove the bus for about three weeks and didn't do anything. The kids were out of control. I did however have enough time to observe them and knew who the ring leaders were. So one day I stopped the bus out on one of the more isolated roads and shut it off, then opened the door. A silence fell over the bus. You could have heard a pin drop. I stood up turned toward the kids, who were all sitting wide eyed wondering what in the hell I was up to. I walked slowly back to the little fire ball who I knew instigated 80% of all the crap on the bus. I said, "you, move your ass up to the front of the bus right now, or I'm going to throw you off right here." He looked around a little bit, probably wondering what all the other kids were thinking, and a little mad that I had the GAUL to talk to him that way, because I'm sure he wasn't at home, and he finally said back to me, "you can't do that." So I smiled back at him and slowly bent down towards him and said, "you see anyone here big enough to stop me?" He then very softly said, "no." So I said, "alright then, get yer ass up to the front, now." I never had any problems after that, and the little kid that was the problem child, his name was Joey, we became good friends after that. Most times all I'd have to do to get the kids to tone it down was tap the brakes, other than that, they'd all say a genuine hi when they got on and off the bus. I think they all felt safe on my bus, and liked and respected me. So like I said, I drove school bus and enjoyed it.

The problem with the women in the story is she never earned the kids respect.