PDA

View Full Version : "Supporting the troops"? by Thomas Sowell

Little-Acorn
02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Sowell nails it, as usual. How long will the various leftists, in and out of government, go on claiming to support troops while doing nothing to actually support them?

------------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080222/COMMENTARY/07/10873879/1012

'Supporting the troops'

by Thomas Sowell
February 22, 2008

The city council in Berkeley, Calif., made national news by telling Marine Corps recruiters they are unwelcome in that bastion of the academic left.

It is a shame Berkeley is not on some island in the South Pacific, because then they could be given their independence and left to defend themselves.

As it is, members of our armed forces who put their lives on the line to defend America are also defending people like too many in Berkeley for whom the very word America, and the American flag, bring only sneers.

Unfortunately, Berkeley is not unique. A professor at Harvard University who put an American flag on his car after September 11, 2001, provoked looks of astonishment from his colleagues. They wondered what was wrong with him.

glockmail
02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
This describes the liberals on this board perfectly.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 05:50 PM
interesting

02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
might be interesting if the page would load the article...

Kathianne
02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
might be interesting if the page would load the article...

Try this:

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20080222/COMMENTARY07/10873879/1012

red states rule
02-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Here is a gem of the kook left suporting the troops in ther own special way

glockmail
02-25-2008, 08:54 AM
LOL where's that picture taken? It looks like my two nephews holding the FTT sign. I know one's an Anarchist. His mum must be so proud.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:31 AM

how are anarchists now part of the kook left?

Or is everyone who thinks differently than you do relegated to that group?

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
how are anarchists now part of the kook left?

... :lol: Are you suggesting that they are conservatives? :lol:

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:40 AM
:lol: Are you suggesting that they are conservatives? :lol:

I am only suggesting that they are anarchists who have no connection to the left side of the political spectrum whatsoever, especially when the left is considered to be the side that favors MORE government involvement.

Would you not agree?

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I am only suggesting that they are anarchists who have no connection to the left side of the political spectrum whatsoever, especially when the left is considered to be the side that favors MORE government involvement.

Would you not agree? I would agree if their stated goal was their actual goal. However, anyone with 1/2 a brain understands that Anarchist policies would result in the loss of civility, then freedom, therefore their actual goals are directly in line with liberal goals.

Therefore, no, I do not agree.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I would agree if their stated goal was their actual goal. However, anyone with 1/2 a brain understands that Anarchist policies would result in the loss of civility, then freedom, therefore their actual goals are directly in line with liberal goals.

Therefore, no, I do not agree.

pretzel logic:laugh2:

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
pretzel logic:laugh2: Dead on, and confirmed by my ultra-lib sister-in-law and her anarchist son.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Dead on, and confirmed by my ultra-lib sister-in-law and her anarchist son.

noted authorities, both.:laugh2:

and your suggestion that liberals seek a loss of civility and freedom is downright goofy.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
....your suggestion that liberals seek a loss of civility and freedom is downright goofy.

Does your liberal hollywood culture increase civility?
Does higher taxes and more government involvement equal more freedom?

The answer to both would be no.