PDA

View Full Version : The justice system is catching up with the war profiteers

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-kbr-war-profiteers-feb21,0,195925,full.story

Indictments are coming down on the scumbags who got no bid contracts in Iraq.

They robbed us and cheated the soldiers and I see them as traitors.

Inside the world of war profiteers
From prostitutes to Super bowl tickets, a federal probe reveals how contractors in Iraq cheated the U.S.

By David Jackson and Jason Grotto * Tribune reporters
February 21, 2008

ROCK ISLAND, Ill.—Inside the stout federal courthouse of this Mississippi River town, the dirty secrets of Iraq war profiteering keep pouring out.

Hundreds of pages of recently unsealed court records detail how kickbacks shaped the war's largest troop support contract months before the first wave of U.S. soldiers plunged their boots into Iraqi sand.

The graft continued well beyond the 2004 congressional hearings that first called attention to it. And the massive fraud endangered the health of American soldiers even as it lined contractors' pockets, records show.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I would like to add to this story but the edit button on this post has dissapeared can you fix it for me?

Is there a limmit to the amount of times you can edit a post that I am unaware of?

I only added to it once and now it does not display the edit botton anymore. Have I done something to cause this in the way I posted it? How should I add to it to avoid this technical problem in the future?

JohnDoe
02-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow! How depressing! :(

Seeing all of those tax dollars going down the drain for nada! I tell ya what, this is just pure bullshit to me....and this is what i have been trying to say to many of my republican friends out there, some of the biggest waste we have in our government and incidences of abuse take place in the Defense dept, with Millitary contractors.

I don't care if Clinton gave out no bid contracts too, this SHIT has GOT to stop, because it is not a good way of doing business and is certainly not the right way to be good stewards of our tax dollars.

It is also our gvt's fault for reducing our watchdog personell overseeing these contracts down to half it's size while increasing their private contracts four fold...they should have EXPECTED this kind of abuse...who knows, maybe they did, and that's why they reduced the personell? That's something we will never know....

jd

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 03:22 PM
The complete lack of oversight by this admin and the congress has cost the American tax payer dearly in the last decade. I so wish those lost dollars could have been invested in our country instead.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I find it very telling no one on the right is willing to answet this thread.

actsnoblemartin
02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
isnt war profiteers a simplistic term.

I mean you need someone to build the tank.

is that man evil?

is that man the same as a heartless corporation like haliburton?

Just a thought

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Anm, there is nothing wrong with providing a service the nation needs. This is not what these companies and people are being indicted for. They are being indicted for bribing and cheating while the admin cut back on any oversight. Its as if they wanted them to behave this way with our tax dollars and our soldiers lives.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Anm, there is nothing wrong with providing a service the nation needs. This is not what these companies and people are being indicted for. They are being indicted for bribing and cheating while the admin cut back on any oversight. Its as if they wanted them to behave this way with our tax dollars and our soldiers lives.

I deleted the rest of this post too. What you posted in your opening post was fine, but don't make another post to add another 3-4 paragraphs of the very same story.

actsnoblemartin
02-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I think threads like this are really good for the following reason, and i repped you for it.

Because, american citizens must be fully aware of all corruption, both democrat and republican, and must fight to end it.

I appreciate you being civil, in answering my question, and i agree that a service, making a profit is fine, but goughing is not.

I only humbly ask that if a democrat is found to be committing corruption, that you will make the same effort to expose him

Thank You Sir

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-kbr-war-profiteers-feb21,0,195925,full.story

From prostitutes to Super bowl tickets, a federal probe reveals how contractors in Iraq cheated the U.S.

February 21, 2008

ROCK ISLAND, Ill.—Inside the stout federal courthouse of this Mississippi River town, the dirty secrets of Iraq war profiteering keep pouring out.

Hundreds of pages of recently unsealed court records detail how kickbacks shaped the war's largest troop support contract months before the first wave of U.S. soldiers plunged their boots into Iraqi sand.

The graft continued well beyond the 2004 congressional hearings that first called attention to it. And the massive fraud endangered the health of American soldiers even as it lined contractors' pockets, records show.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry I forget because ohters do it all the time

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=389

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12158 yesterday

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12181

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry I forget because ohters do it all the time

No, others don't do it all the time.

LiberalNation
02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah, they do........

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 05:57 PM
http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=389

What is your point in linking to a thread that was started well over a year ago? Just please follow the rules when I ask instead of making excuses, debating or blaming others.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah, they do........

PM me all the instances where a member made an opening post following the rules in limiting what they copy, only to post much more a post or 2 later.

actsnoblemartin
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I think everyone should take responsibility for their own actions, and stop making excuses, pointing out other people's bad behavior to justify their own, or blame others in any way.

Im saying this in general, and im not in any way judging anyone in this thread.

LiberalNation
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Nevermind, haven't seen that. I thought you all were just talkin first post.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Just so sad that so few here care about how these companies used the American people , our tax dollars and the welfare of our troops to make absorbident profits and alll anyone cares about is passing on too much infomation.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Just so sad that so few here care about how these companies used the American people , our tax dollars and the welfare of our troops to make absorbident profits and alll anyone cares about is passing on too much infomation.

No, it's called the LAW, dumbass. I'm not getting into copyright violations simply so you can stop whining about what you post. Why don't you actually try writing yourself instead of constantly pasting articles here. Oh, I forgot, because when you write in your own words you look like a fucking idiot.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
IO gave you an example from yesterday of someone doing it and you didnt seem to mind?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:10 PM
IO gave you an example from yesterday of someone doing it and you didnt seem to mind?

You linked to an article that Pale posted in January of 2007. That's hardly yesterday!

Said1
02-22-2008, 06:10 PM

:lol:

Sitarro
02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
The complete lack of oversight by this admin and the congress has cost the American tax payer dearly in the last decade. I so wish those lost dollars could have been invested in our country instead.

Complete lack of oversight? How was all of this found out if there was a COMPLETE lack of oversight? You assume a lot. I would like for you to explain how you would have done any of this differently. There are so many contracts, so many projects and you are surprised that there is some dishonesty? Take a close look at what is happening with our tax dollars in New Orleans, I guarantee a ridiculous amount of rip offs, dishonesty and graft. When you see this happen over and over and you are still willing to give an open check to Hillary or Obammy to take over the Health Care industry........ how stupid is that?

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:19 PM
http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12158 yesterday

I have already copied it as is to a safe place.

When was the new rule about not being to add to a thread for 10 minutes added?
I never new that one exsisted?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
I would like to add to this story but the edit button on this post has dissapeared can you fix it for me?

Is there a limmit to the amount of times you can edit a post that I am unaware of?

I only added to it once and now it does not display the edit botton anymore. Have I done something to cause this in the way I posted it? How should I add to it to avoid this technical problem in the future?

The amount of time one has to edit a post has been reduced to 10 minutes. This is more than enough time for someone to make an addition or fix an error. Since people are constantly replying to threads, and don't go backwards to re-read for edits, it makes more sense to make another post if you want to add something, and you can always quote your own post if you want to clarify something. This also prevents members from deleting older posts and disrupting discussions.

And this applies to EVERY member on this board - not just you as you like to tell other people - you dense fuck!

I cant add to the thread. I can only get away with posting twice in a row there. I cant even edit it anymore because they take the edit button away from my posts. Its their way of covering thier ears and screaming LALALALALALALALALALALALALAL until you go away. They really dont like to hear anything that hurts this admin.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
When was the new rule about not being to add to a thread for 10 minutes added?
I never new that one exsisted?

Maybe you should ASK about rules instead of running to other sites and making your usual baseless accusations.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I didnt realize there were laws about talking other sites while at other sites?

LLALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I didnt realize there were laws about talking other sites while at other sites?

Laws? no. But if you want to make accusations about my site elsewhere, and they are unfounded, I'm not going to sit by idly just because it's elsewhere.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:27 PM
I cant make them to you , I cant make them to ohter posters and now I cant make them to other people on ohter sites?

Just when can any critizism be given for treatment designed to hamper me here?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I cant make them to you , I cant make them to ohter posters and now I cant make them to other people on ohter sites?

Just when can any critizism be given for treatment designed to hamper me here?

When your criticism isn't lies. You LIED on the other site in what you wrote. It was a complete fabrication, not a single thing you wrote in what I copied was true.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I went to add information to a post and you made it so I could not do it.

Why was that decision made?

Can you give ua the reasoning behind why it was made at that momment?

Jim you know you were trying to kill that thread because you did not like the information it contained.

Little Acorns thread did not concern you yet mine did.

Face yourself Jim.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:41 PM

Jim you know you were trying to kill that thread because you did not like the information it contained.

Face yourself Jim.

First off, the thread you mentioned has been edited. I can't possibly monitor every single thread here, but when made aware of a copyright violation I will edit the post.

I already explained why I changed the limits for editing just a few posts ago. It fixes potential problems and allots plenty of time for members to edit their posts if they make an error or forget something. If they want to add at a later time, they are not restricted in any way from adding to a thread.

Probably more conservatives have been asked to remain in compliance with copyright rules since this board has opened, so can it about "trying to kill" a thread. Just another baseless accusation. I've never stopped anyone from posting on any subject.

Now let's look at what I say are your lies:

I cant add to the thread.

Yes, you can. You hit the "reply" button.

I can only get away with posting twice in a row there.

Simply not true. You can hit the reply button all day long.

I cant even edit it anymore because they take the edit button away from my posts.

No, we didn't. The edit time limit is now 10 minutes. Nothing was done to YOU but rather a change was made that affects the entire board and every member.

Its their way of covering thier ears and screaming LALALALALALALALALALALALALAL until you go away.

The editing limits will affect every thread on this board, not just yours. Are we trying to cover our ears on EVERY subject?

They really dont like to hear anything that hurts this admin.

When I read a factual article I am very interested, and get quite pissed of at an administration I see struggling and one that hasn't lived up to what I had hoped. I get angry at the wrong things they do just as I would if it were Democrats. It isn't my fault that 99% of what you post is either wrong or opinions.

Said1
02-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Face yourself Jim.

:laugh2: Best TM post ever.

"Face yourself Jim". What a riot.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:45 PM
:laugh2: Best TM post ever.

"Face yourself Jim". What a riot.

I can't even look in a mirror. I am one ugly mofo! The only one who loves me is my Pug. And they say that a lot of dogs end up looking like their owners. I guess TM is right, I can't face myself, I'm hideous! :coffee:

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
First off, the thread you mentioned has been edited. I can't possibly monitor every single thread here, but when made aware of a copyright violation I will edit the post.

I already explained why I changed the limits for editing just a few posts ago. It fixes potential problems and allots plenty of time for members to edit their posts if they make an error or forget something. If they want to add at a later time, they are not restricted in any way from adding to a thread.

Probably more conservatives have been asked to remain in compliance with copyright rules since this board has opened, so can it about "trying to kill" a thread. Just another baseless accusation. I've never stopped anyone from posting on any subject.

Now let's look at what I say are your lies:

Yes, you can. You hit the "reply" button.

Simply not true. You can hit the reply button all day long.

No, we didn't. The edit time limit is now 10 minutes. Nothing was done to YOU but rather a change was made that affects the entire board and every member.

The editing limits will affect every thread on this board, not just yours. Are we trying to cover our ears on EVERY subject?

When I read a factual article I am very interested, and get quite pissed of at an administration I see struggling and one that hasn't lived up to what I had hoped. I get angry at the wrong things they do just as I would if it were Democrats. It isn't my fault that 99% of what you post is either wrong or opinions.

Then why did you never reply to this post with any interest?

These are indictments of people who stole from you Jim.

They USED our soldiers like pawns to make money off them.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Then why did you never reply to this post with any interest?

These are indictments of people who stole from you Jim.

They USED our soldiers like pawns to make money off them.

Because I'm too busy getting stuck into stupidity hell with you once again. If you would just refrain from posting such large chunks of copyrighted material, and just politely not do it if we ask you not to, and stop talking smack about this board elsewhere - then maybe I would have had an opportunity to address the issue instead of addressing you.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Jim in the post I mentioned you posted the ninth post and guess what it was?

An personal insult about me yet you did not see the guy posted like 8 paragraphs?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Jim in the post I mentioned you posted the ninth post and guess what it was?

An personal insult about me yet you did not see the guy posted like 8 paragraphs?

Why are you bringing your stupidity from another thread into this one? I already explained that in another thread and made you look stupid. I often hit the icon on the main page which brings you to the last post in a thread, and sometimes I never see the opening post unless someone uses the report a post feature.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
So you went staight into the thread just to insult me without even knowing what the thread was about?

How fair minded of you.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
So you went staight into the thread just to insult me without even knowing what the thread was about?

How fair minded of you.

Yes, I can deal with most things, but I take issue with stupidity. But it's like a car wreck, I simply can't help but slow down and stare at the carnage before me.

Quite frankly, your stupidity annoys me, but also humors me. So sometimes I'll purposely look at a thread if it states you were the last one who posted. I know what reading your illiterate rants does for my health. Maybe I'm suicidal?

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Funny you should see my comment to that about the thread so stupid when you did not even read it ,you just answered without looking at the thread remember?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Shut up, stupid.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 07:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

man your funny:dance:

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
And you're still stupid.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Just like the people who would rather play silly little power games instead of facing issues like billions of tax dollars put on pallets and shipped to Iraq juat so the people with no bid contracts could extort it out of the Iraqi people in bribes while screwing our troops to boot.

That is just not important huh?

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Nothing is of importance when attempting a discussion with someone who has the brains of a billy goat.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Then you should have welcomed the posts about the facts instead of having such objection to them.

No one would have ever tried to call it copwrite infringment and you may have learned something.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
The "wench stench" thread being moved to a more appropriate location...

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
This article is jammed packed with fact after facts about convictions , indictments and wired testimony.

All facts about stealing our tax dollars, Putting our troops at risk in all sorts of ways.

It is so very sad that some people will do anything to avoid the truth.

Billions of dollars.

I challenge any of you who find this funny to just read the article, you wont be laughing if you love the United States.

Kathianne
02-22-2008, 08:06 PM
This article is jammed packed with fact after facts about convictions , indictments and wired testimony.

All facts about stealing our tax dollars, Putting our troops at risk in all sorts of ways.

It is so very sad that some people will do anything to avoid the truth.

Billions of dollars.

I challenge any of you who find this funny to just read the article, you wont be laughing if you love the United States.

So why don't you stay with that thread? Jim split. *edit* Sorry I was wrong, this one wasn't split.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
You want to discuss it?

the article is on the first page of the thread.

Sitarro
02-22-2008, 08:20 PM
You want to discuss it?

the article is on the first page of the thread.

What is there to discuss? If these people have been doing anything illegal, throw them in jail. It would be nice if you would feel so indignant about all of the ripoffs that the previous administration got away with, but you don't.

Psychoblues
03-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Sending young Americans to die in an unjustified war and getting a blowjob from an adult intern in the Whitehose confuses you greatly, doesn't it, zero?

What is there to discuss? If these people have been doing anything illegal, throw them in jail. It would be nice if you would feel so indignant about all of the ripoffs that the previous administration got away with, but you don't.

I suggest you grow up and otherwise get a life that YOU can depend on.

bullypulpit
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM

February 21, 2008

It 's long past time for a "Truman commission" to hold the war profiteers accountable for their crimes...Crimes sanctioned by the Bush administration.

bullypulpit
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
BYW, why is this in the "Steel Cage"? Seems that it belongs in current events.