02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.wayneperryman.com/

April15
02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.wayneperryman.com/

One mans view.

truthmatters
02-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Does this man think that 90% of black voters in this country are too stupid to vote in their own self interests?

The republican party has a long history of thwarting black voters at the polls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_caging#Examples_of_proven_or_alleged_politica l_caging

Examples of proven or alleged political caging
From the Washington Post: "In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent letters to predominantly black neighborhoods in New Jersey, and when 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the committee compiled a challenge list to remove those voters from the rolls. The RNC sent off-duty law enforcement officials to the polls and hung posters in heavily black neighborhoods warning that violating election laws is a crime." Republicans however, denied that black voters were the target. An attorney for the RNC, Bobby Burchfield, stated that "troubling reports" of fictitious names such as Mary Poppins were appearing on Ohio's rolls and that is what prompted the challenges.

The Washington Post[11]: "In 1986, the RNC tried to have 31,000 voters, most of them black, removed from the rolls in Louisiana when a party mailer was returned. The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case, but allegations of RNC-conducted voter caging arose once again in the 2004 elections.

jimnyc
02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
TM, I'm not going to keep asking you about this. Please don't post entire articles, or more than 2-3 paragraphs.

Little-Acorn
02-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm sold.

If I were black, and had to choose between voting for the party (Democrats) that encourages slavery and fought to expand it during the Civil War, and filled the rolls of the Ku Klux Klan, and insists to this day that black people can't make it in this world without massive government "help"... versus the party (Republican) that fought against slavery and the Klan, and tried a few times to get illicit or nonexistent addresses off voting rolls and keep criminals from voting...

If I were black, I'd certainly vote for the pro-slavery, pro-Klan, and blacks-are-incompetent party.

I'm sold.

Go Democrats!

:lol:

actsnoblemartin
02-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Im not going to question anybodies intelligence.

The man wants an apology, and acknowledgement of what the democratic party was, instead of it being swept under the rug.

I find that more then fair.

Does this man think that 90% of black voters in this country are too stupid to vote in their own self interests?

The republican party has a long history of thwarting black voters at the polls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_caging#Examples_of_proven_or_alleged_politica l_caging

Examples of proven or alleged political caging
From the Washington Post: "In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent letters to predominantly black neighborhoods in New Jersey, and when 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the committee compiled a challenge list to remove those voters from the rolls. The RNC sent off-duty law enforcement officials to the polls and hung posters in heavily black neighborhoods warning that violating election laws is a crime." Republicans however, denied that black voters were the target. An attorney for the RNC, Bobby Burchfield, stated that "troubling reports" of fictitious names such as Mary Poppins were appearing on Ohio's rolls and that is what prompted the challenges.

The Washington Post[11]: "In 1986, the RNC tried to have 31,000 voters, most of them black, removed from the rolls in Louisiana when a party mailer was returned. The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case, but allegations of RNC-conducted voter caging arose once again in the 2004 elections.

actsnoblemartin
02-22-2008, 05:48 PM
excellent job, I honestly could not have said it any better myself, even if i had tried 100 times.

Thanks for helping me make my point, so eloquently

Well, I'm sold.

If I were black, and had to choose between voting for the party (Democrats) that encourages slavery and fought to expand it during the Civil War, and filled the rolls of the Ku Klux Klan, and insists to this day that black people can't make it in this world without massive government "help"... versus the party (Republican) that fought against slavery and the Klan, and tried a few times to get illicit or nonexistent addresses off voting rolls and keep criminals from voting...

If I were black, I'd certainly vote for the pro-slavery, pro-Klan, and blacks-are-incompetent party.

I'm sold.

Go Democrats!

:lol:

Microcosmos
02-22-2008, 06:41 PM
It's easier to blame than it is to accept guilt. The fact is, anybody who has a long enough history in this country has ancestors who either witnessed, actively participated in or were victims of the uglier side of our past. And they can also take credit for ancestors (and themselves) who helped (and continue to help) change things, for the better. We have to learn from our past to avoid repeating past mistakes, but we also have to look towards a future with all of us in it. Pushing each other through mud piles (like in that disturbingly well-acted movie, There Will Be Blood), really doesn't benefit anybody (not that you're doing that, ANM, it is an interesting point you bring up and one worth discussing, just throwing my 2¢ into the pot again).

02-22-2008, 07:44 PM
It's easier to blame than it is to accept guilt. The fact is, anybody who has a long enough history in this country has ancestors who either witnessed, actively participated in or were victims of the uglier side of our past. And they can also take credit for ancestors (and themselves) who helped (and continue to help) change things, for the better. We have to learn from our past to avoid repeating past mistakes, but we also have to look towards a future with all of us in it. Pushing each other through mud piles (like in that disturbingly well-acted movie, There Will Be Blood), really doesn't benefit anybody (not that you're doing that, ANM, it is an interesting point you bring up and one worth discussing, just throwing my 2¢ into the pot again).

in order to accept guilt, we would have to be guilty of something, no?

Microcosmos
02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Forget about "guilt". How about "responsibility".

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 06:17 AM
I agree, the democrats want to act like their party are saints, but hiding the truth, makes them an immoral party

Forget about "guilt". How about "responsibility".