PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of american businesses

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Like google, yahoo, walmart, and g.e. just to name a few, doing business with evil governments like china and iran?

Should their be punishments for such immoral behavior?

Was it ok for u.s. businesses to do business with hitler, if not, then why should they be allowed to do business with regimes that oppress their own people

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
no one cares?

Like google, yahoo, walmart, and g.e. just to name a few, doing business with evil governments like china and iran?

Was it ok for u.s. businesses to do business with hitler, if not, then why should they be allowed to do business with regimes that oppress their own people

Dilloduck
02-24-2008, 11:55 AM
It's not US business---it's private business.

Hobbit
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
It is owned by private companies, and the government shouldn't be allowed to tell them who they may do business with. Right now, we are not openly enemies with either China or Iran, so unless those businesses are openly supporting terrorists or some such, it's no business of the government.

It is, however, our business, which is why I try not to do just a whole lot of business with those who cater to ridiculous demands made by the Chinese and Iranian governments (like Google's capitulation in internet censorship in China).

April15
02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

Was it ok for u.s. businesses to do business with hitler, if not, then why should they be allowed to do business with regimes that oppress their own peopleAs with any business that grows to be able to service more than one nation there comes an ethical dilemma. One of serving the native nation with secure investment and the other being profit for investors.
Both tend to disregard the human aspect of business for the profit aspect.
I could see business doing business with hitler today for profit and have no outcry of concern for the abused in his nation.
We have changed as a nation from one with principle to one with money.

Dilloduck
02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
As with any business that grows to be able to service more than one nation there comes an ethical dilemma. One of serving the native nation with secure investment and the other being profit for investors.
Both tend to disregard the human aspect of business for the profit aspect.
I could see business doing business with hitler today for profit and have no outcry of concern for the abused in his nation.
We have changed as a nation from one with principle to one with money.

I'm not even sure you can define the United States as one nation anymore.

April15
02-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm not even sure you can define the United States as one nation anymore.An insight I had totally ignored.

manu1959
02-24-2008, 05:58 PM

can you name three american corporations which still exist that did business with hitler....i can....

actsnoblemartin
02-25-2008, 01:34 AM
no, i never studied it. But i know many american companies did right?

That part i do know

can you name three american corporations which still exist that did business with hitler....i can....