PDA

View Full Version : Many Blacks Worry About Obama's Safety

nevadamedic
02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
NEW YORK -- For many black Americans, it's a conversation they find hard to avoid, revisiting old fears in the light of bright new hopes.

They watch with wonder as Barack Obama moves ever closer to becoming America's first black president. And they ask themselves, their family, their friends: Is he at risk? Will he be safe?

There is, of course, no sure answer. But interviews with blacks across the country, prominent and otherwise, suggest that lingering worries are outweighed by enthusiasm and determination.

"You can't have lived through the civil rights movement and know something about the history of African-Americans in this country and not be a little concerned," said Edna Medford, a history professor at Washington's Howard University.

"But African-Americans are more concerned that Obama get the opportunity to do the best he can," she added. "And if he wins, most of us believe the country would do for him what it would do for any president, that he will be as well protected as any of them."

Clyde Barrett, 66, a longtime U.S. Labor Department employee now retired in Tampa, Fla., says he often hears expressions of concern for Obama's safety. One young acquaintance, Barrett said, declared he wouldn't even vote for Obama for fear of exposing him to more danger.

Full Story....................
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_safety_fears/2008/02/22/74766.html?s=al&promo_code=45C7-1

Who cares? He knows the risks if he gets killed he gets killed, who cares? He is a con-man plain and simple. He is and has been lying to the American voters since the campaign began. He is a former Muslim and a racist. He exploits money out of the low income black community around the hospital his wife works at. This guy should be in jail, not the White House.

MtnBiker
02-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Who cares? He knows the risks if he gets killed he gets killed, who cares?

Translation = look at me I'm an asshole!

nevadamedic
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Translation = look at me I'm an asshole!

No, this guy is a con-man and has no business doing what he is doing. He is lying to the American voters and a danger to our nation. If something happens to him oh well were better off.

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 02:22 PM
what you wrote is disgusting, even for you.

Your attitude is revealing itself.

Who cares, he's just a nigger, is that it?

I cant stand hillary, but she does deserve to die, neither does obama

GW in Ohio
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
No, this guy is a con-man and has no business doing what he is doing. He is lying to the American voters and a danger to our nation. If something happens to him oh well were better off.

Jesus Christ, could you be even more of an asshole?

"Lying to the American voters..."

"...a danger to our nation..."

"If something happens to him oh well were better off."

Do you own any guns? Have you ever been arrested for assault? Endangering or menacing? Stalking?

How about posting your real name and address?

5stringJeff
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Who cares? He knows the risks if he gets killed he gets killed, who cares? He is a con-man plain and simple. He is and has been lying to the American voters since the campaign began. He is a former Muslim and a racist. He exploits money out of the low income black community around the hospital his wife works at. This guy should be in jail, not the White House.

...says the McCain campaign hack.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no love lost on Obama, but frankly, everything you post is tainted by your obsession with McCain, and the fact that you said you'd campaign for Hillary if McCain didn't get the GOP nod.

manu1959
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you own any guns? Have you ever been arrested for assault? Endangering or menacing? Stalking?

people have been saying this about bush for 7 years......hell you have been saying shit like this.....

are people not allowed to say bad things about dems.....

stephanie
02-23-2008, 03:11 PM
So...from what I gather.....the blacks could give a shit less if something were to happen to McCain or the Shrill?

They just be worrying about.........."their man"...

:cow:

Kathianne
02-23-2008, 03:17 PM

Don't get me wrong, I've got no love lost on Obama, but frankly, everything you post is tainted by your obsession with McCain, and the fact that you said you'd campaign for Hillary if McCain didn't get the GOP nod.

It's obviously not about McCain, as too much has been written that NM can't respond to, (actually that isn't necessarily a slam at McCain). What all NM cares about is NM. His being a wanna be cop, his wanna be a repo man, (which Emmett did a nice job of qualifying), last and most obvious, NM's obsession to be politically important and that's where the McCain obsession comes into play.

I think this is my first foray in all these years into psychoanalysis. :cheers2:

82Marine89
02-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Who cares? He knows the risks if he gets killed he gets killed, who cares? He is a con-man plain and simple. He is and has been lying to the American voters since the campaign began. He is a former Open Borders Lobby member and a racist. He exploits money out of the low income Mexican community around the beer distrbutorship his former mistress, now wife works at. This guy should be in jail, not the White House.

The truth about Juan McAmnesty.

02-23-2008, 04:11 PM

I care. I want his philosophy/politics defeated. I dont want him or anyone killed.

The point of conservatism is to save lives, not kill them.

DrJohn
02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
It's obviously not about McCain, as too much has been written that NM can't respond to, (actually that isn't necessarily a slam at McCain). What all NM cares about is NM. His being a wanna be cop, his wanna be a repo man, (which Emmett did a nice job of qualifying), last and most obvious, NM's obsession to be politically important and that's where the McCain obsession comes into play.

I think this is my first foray in all these years into psychoanalysis. :cheers2:

:clap::clap::clap:

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 11:32 PM
I care. I want his philosophy/politics defeated. I dont want him or anyone killed.

The point of conservatism is to save lives, not kill them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nevadamedic
02-24-2008, 02:17 AM
what you wrote is disgusting, even for you.

Your attitude is revealing itself.

Who cares, he's just a nigger, is that it?

I cant stand hillary, but she does deserve to die, neither does obama

Ummmm did I say it was because he was black? Umm no. Not even close. I have black relatives.

Do I own guns? Umm no. Have I been arrested? Umm no. But those are all terms you seem familiar with though.............

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
I am not saying you hate blacks, I am not saying you said it because he was black.

I am saying the tone of what you said, came across to some of us as, I dont value human life, I dont value black human life, I dont value human life of those who disagree with me

Was i calling you a racist absolutely not, i simply want you to see, your words, can be interpreted in a way you dont intend.

The way you say things, is more important then what you say.

Ummmm did I say it was because he was black? Umm no. Not even close. I have black relatives.

Do I own guns? Umm no. Have I been arrested? Umm no. But those are all terms you seem familiar with though.............

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:25 AM
ask anyone who has responded to you, and i have a strong feeling they will tell you the same thing im about to say.

The way you said it, the tone, came across as angry, maybe sarcastic, hateful of the man, not because of his race, but because he is a liberal.

When we see you or anyone being mean spirited the impulse is too attack you

Im simply trying to tell you to just tone it down a mere bit.

NOT be politically correct just try to be a little bit nicer, and youll get a more positive response, even if you dont agree with them, and they dont agree with you

I myself have learned the hard way, respect comes not from asking for it, but by earning it, and the only way to earn it, is to respect those you disagree with as much as those you agree with

nevadamedic
02-24-2008, 02:31 AM
ask anyone who has responded to you, and i have a strong feeling they will tell you the same thing im about to say.

The way you said it, the tone, came across as angry, maybe sarcastic, hateful of the man, not because of his race, but because he is a liberal.

When we see you or anyone being mean spirited the impulse is too attack you

Im simply trying to tell you to just tone it down a mere bit.

NOT be politically correct just try to be a little bit nicer, and youll get a more positive response, even if you dont agree with them, and they dont agree with you

I myself have learned the hard way, respect comes not from asking for it, but by earning it, and the only way to earn it, is to respect those you disagree with as much as those you agree with

I don't care if anyone on here likes or respects me. I don't need to be popular on an internet message board like other people here.

waterrescuedude2000
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
So this clown actually Identifies himself a "christian"... But what he really is is a Muslim. Did you know that Baraka is his true first name?? Barack Obama was originally named “Baraka.” It is not an African name. It's an Arabic word meaning “blessed” and comes directly from the Koran. Do we really want someone who is a muslim in the white house after what muslims did to our country????

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2006/12/barack_hussein.html

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Nm is not a wanna be, I like you kathianne, but that is just a mean-spirited insult.

NM has an honerable job, protecting merchandise from being stolen, which harms the employees, customers, and companies whom nm works for.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:57 AM
It is one thing to do things just to make you popular, and it is another to blantantly disrespect, and be-little people because god forbid they dont agree with you.

I don't care if anyone on here likes or respects me. I don't need to be popular on an internet message board like other people here.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Your age based smears are offensive to the board members who are over 40, and its cheap.

Enough with the cheap shots.

I only care about myself? Thats funny. Wanna be cop? That's funny too since I never claimed to be one. obsession to be politically important? That's funny too. I can and have responded to everything. You are just upset because your like 70 years old and high schoolers working at McDonald's have already accomplished more in their life. Your just an old washed up school teacher.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:01 AM
I think he was cloned from Ann Coulter sperm.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:07 AM
oh that is classic, I nearly fell out my chair when i read that. :clap:

have you seen her adams apple :eek:

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:12 AM
I thought everybody knew?

oh that is classic, I nearly fell out my chair when i read that. :clap:

have you seen her adams apple :eek:

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:14 AM
I think she's packing heat.

Actually, i was watching her the other day, and i couldnt help but stare at that adams apple

I just had a thought, doesnt she look like the grinch.

What i wish people like ann, an al frankin would get is, when youre rude and un-pleasant, it doesnt matter how brilliant you may be, nobody will listen to you

People like them need to read how to win friends and influence people

I thought everybody knew?

02-24-2008, 03:21 AM

I think you protest too much.

02-24-2008, 03:23 AM
So this clown actually Identifies himself a "christian"... But what he really is is a Muslim. Did you know that Baraka is his true first name?? Barack Obama was originally named “Baraka.” It is not an African name. It's an Arabic word meaning “blessed” and comes directly from the Koran. Do we really want someone who is a muslim in the white house after what muslims did to our country????

You are going to be mad at him cause his dad was a muslim? With all the things to criticize Obama for, don't you think you should actually focus on them instead of making weak arguments like this?

stephanie
02-24-2008, 03:25 AM

What gets me is........your friggin idiot lamestream media start quoting, Anne coulter's, Rush Limbaugh's, and Shawn Hannity's....opinions of things...

I love them all.......but......

What's that say about your alls facts and intelligence????:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:27 AM
its pronounced yall's :read:

:laugh2:

What gets me is........your friggin idiot lamestream media start quoting, Anne coulter's, Rush Limbaugh's, and Shawn Hannity's....opinions of things...

What's that say about your alls intelligence????:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:28 AM
the media makes me wanna vomit, it has a hard on for obama and idolizes the guy, its disgusting

What's that say about your alls intelligence????:laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Look in the mirror, sweetie.

What's that say about your alls facts and intelligence????:laugh2:

You're the one wearing the orange peel helmet.

GW in Ohio
02-25-2008, 09:22 AM
people have been saying this about bush for 7 years......hell you have been saying shit like this.....

are people not allowed to say bad things about dems.....

Wrong. I never said I wished harm to come to Bush, nor did I ever say it would be okay if someone tried to kill him.

GW in Ohio
02-25-2008, 09:27 AM

I've found, nevadamedic, that the way people behave on anonymous message boards like this is a very good indicator of the way they behave in face-to-face interactions.

People who say, "Well, I behave like an asshole online, but in real life I'm really very nice," are deceiving someone. Often it's themselves.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:29 AM
NEW YORK -- For many black Americans, it's a conversation they find hard to avoid, revisiting old fears in the light of bright new hopes.

They watch with wonder as Barack Obama moves ever closer to becoming America's first black president. And they ask themselves, their family, their friends: Is he at risk? Will he be safe?..... Just keep an eye on Jesse Jackson. He murdered the last black messiah.

Sitarro
02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
You're the one wearing the orange peel helmet.

So you're color blind also, just chock full of defects aren't ya?:laugh2:

GW in Ohio
02-25-2008, 09:35 AM

You have obviously been getting some incorrect information. Perhaps if you got your information from more mainstream sources, it might be more factually correct.......?

Obama is a Christian and has been for practially all his life. Do you have a problem with a Christian who has a Muslim-sounding name? Do you think Jesus Christ gives a shit about stuff like that?

GW in Ohio
02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Just keep an eye on Jesse Jackson. He murdered the last black messiah.

Okay, glockie, I'll play "banter with the mentally challenged."

Who is it that you are alleging Jesse Jackson murdered?

retiredman
02-25-2008, 10:09 AM

Who is it that you are alleging Jesse Jackson murdered?

great question. I think the glockster might be confused.:laugh2:

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Just keep an eye on Jesse Jackson. He murdered the last black messiah.

He did?

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
You have obviously been getting some incorrect information. Perhaps if you got your information from more mainstream sources, it might be more factually correct.......?

Obama is a Christian and has been for practially all his life. Do you have a problem with a Christian who has a Muslim-sounding name? Do you think Jesus Christ gives a shit about stuff like that?

He was a Muslim while growing up, that is a FACT.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Who is it that you are alleging Jesse Jackson murdered? Sorry- I issued a DIRECT CHALLENGE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=77699&postcount=29) to you a long while ago, and you wussied out. That means you lost any right to ask me the time of day never mind a serious question.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:29 PM
great question. I think the glockster might be confused.:laugh2:
So you're butt buddies with that bed wetter? :lol:

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:37 PM
He did? Yes, I believe that Jesse set up MLK to be a target, while he was safely milling in the crowd below.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, I believe that Jesse set up MLK to be a target, while he was safely milling in the crowd below.

that's is really in poor taste.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Yes, I believe that Jesse set up MLK to be a target, while he was safely milling in the crowd below.

Wouldn't surprise me, but why would he do it and how did he set him up?

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, but why would he do it and how did he set him up?
Jackson was a nobody before MLK was shot. This gave him the opportunity to step in and take over as the main black voice for civil rights.

We'll never know how he set it up, but by being on the balcony with King he gave his co-conspirator with the rifle a perfect shot. They also set up James Earl Ray to take the hit.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
that's is really in poor taste. Yes you're right. Jackson was at the railing with King. I'll never forget the look on Jackson's face when King was shot. There was no surprise whatsoever.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Jackson was a nobody before MLK was shot. This gave him the opportunity to step in and take over as the main black voice for civil rights.

We'll never know how he set it up, but by being on the balcony with King he gave his co-conspirator with the rifle a perfect shot. They also set up James Earl Ray to take the hit.

Why don't you ask Gabby who set it up. I'm sure she will blame that on President Bush too............

Kathianne
02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes you're right. Jackson was at the railing with King. I'll never forget the look on Jackson's face when King was shot. There was no surprise whatsoever.

The picture of Jesse with MLK at the railing was a publicity shot from the day before. Jesse showed up IN CHICAGO the next day, with the shirt covered with blood, he made a point of wearing it on TV, saying, "He died in my arms." He wasn't with MLK when he was shot, not on the same floor.

Jesse is and was an opportunist, but I highly doubt he was involved with a conspiracy.

02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
if the thread keeps going the way it is, we might have to move this to the conspiracy theory forum.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
The picture of Jesse with MLK at the railing was a publicity shot from the day before. Jesse showed up IN CHICAGO the next day, with the shirt covered with blood, he made a point of wearing it on TV, saying, "He died in my arms." He wasn't with MLK when he was shot, not on the same floor.

Jesse is and was an opportunist, but I highly doubt he was involved with a conspiracy.

There were several pictures shot from that day and the day before. The one that I remember was Jackson on the balcony just after King was shot. The look on Jackson's face had no sense of surprise or grief at all. That, coupled with all the questions about Ray, has lead me to believed that Jackson was involved.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
There were several pictures shot from that day and the day before. The one that I remember was Jackson on the balcony just after King was shot. The look on Jackson's face had no sense of surprise or grief at all. That, coupled with all the questions about Ray, has lead me to believed that Jackson was involved.

Jackson was there. That is his main claim to fame, riding on the coat tail of MLK.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Jackson was there. That is his main claim to fame, riding on the coat tail of MLK.
Motive and opportunity have thus been proven. He also had the means. Even MLK's son thinks that Ray was framed.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Motive and opportunity have thus been proven. He also had the means. Even MLK's son thinks that Ray was framed.

A lot of people think Ray was what everyone calls Oswald, a "Patsy".

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
A lot of people think Ray was what everyone calls Oswald, a "Patsy". I agree. Now assume for a moment that he actually was framed and that was a proven fact. Who else had means and motive? Who else profitted so well from MLK's death? There is only one answer: The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I agree. Now assume for a moment that he actually was framed and that was a proven fact. Who else had means and motive? Who else profitted so well from MLK's death? There is only one answer: The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Actually the American Nazi groups did as well as the Klan and asswipes like David Duke.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually the American Nazi groups did as well as the Klan and asswipes like David Duke. Neither has the money, power and admiration that JJ has.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Neither has the money, power and admiration that JJ has.

Your kidding yourself. The White Power groups have more money then Jesse Jackson could ever dream of having. That's why the ACLU and Law Enforcement Agencies are going after them financially.

Lee~*
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Heck, I'm just a silly ole country gal, and I worry about his safety ... and Hillary's ... and I'm still amazed that Bill is still with us! :laugh2:

But, we country gals tend to live by the KISS rules ... Keep It Simple Stupid!
I will not vote for Hillary, I do not agree at all with alot of her ideas, and besides, she couldn't even run her husband, how the hell is she going to run a country?

And I won't vote for Obama either, Don't agree with a bunch of his ideas, and durn sure don't agree that your religious belief shoulf be the total support of another country than the one you want to lead ... sorry, if your not devoted to God and THIS country, I don't think we need yer butt ...and I don't give a tinkers damn what color it is! :slap:

Just my country opinion! Lee~*

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Heck, I'm just a silly ole country gal, and I worry about his safety ... and Hillary's ... and I'm still amazed that Bill is still with us! :laugh2:

But, we country gals tend to live by the KISS rules ... Keep It Simple Stupid!
I will not vote for Hillary, I do not agree at all with alot of her ideas, and besides, she couldn't even run her husband, how the hell is she going to run a country?

And I won't vote for Obama either, Don't agree with a bunch of his ideas, and durn sure don't agree that your religious belief shoulf be the total support of another country than the one you want to lead ... sorry, if your not devoted to God and THIS country, I don't think we need yer butt ...and I don't give a tinkers damn what color it is! :slap:

Just my country opinion! Lee~*

Ummmm, your not that old are you?

retiredman
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM
"durn sure don't agree that your religious belief should be the total support of another country than the one you want to lead"

what other "country" does Obama believe he should totally support?

Dilloduck
02-25-2008, 10:26 PM
"durn sure don't agree that your religious belief should be the total support of another country than the one you want to lead"

I think she meant continent.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Iran for one. Once a Muslim always a Muslim.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 10:40 PM

entire continent known as the "motherland"

man its like playing tiddle winks with a toddler tonight with you :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I am not worried about Obama. As long as he keeps his distance from people like Yurt and Hugh.

Lee~*
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM

MFM ... Did you by any chance read the OP? the part about the church that he belongs to "totally supporting their Native Land" , which is AFRICA???? :coffee: Lee~*

Yurt
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I am not worried about Obama. As long as he keeps his distance from people like Yurt and Hugh.

proof:poke:

Lee~*
02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
entire continent known as the "motherland"

man its like playing tiddle winks with a toddler tonight with you :laugh2:

Hell yurt, and I thought it was just me!

"never argue with a fool ... people may not be able to tell the difference" Murphy

:coffee: Lee~*

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh come on! That huge poster of James Earl Ray in your bedroom is a dead giveaway...

Lee~*
02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I think she meant continent.

What difference does it make, if its a country or a continent ... its NOT our country, or our continent!

Just as I thought, not only blind but stupid too.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh come on! That huge poster of James Earl Ray in your bedroom is a dead giveaway...

you said you wouldn't talk about the time in my bedroom

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
I think you are confusing me with Hugh.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:16 PM
I think you are confusing me with Hugh.

you're the one who knows what in my bedroom baby :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
02-25-2008, 11:44 PM
watch out, next she'll question youre sexual orientation :laugh2:

you're the one who knows what in my bedroom baby :coffee:

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
watch out, next she'll question youre sexual orientation :laugh2:

not after being in my bedroom :poke:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
not after being in my bedroom :poke:

:laugh2:.....good one....

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Ummmm who would want to brag about having Gabby in their bedroom? :poke:

Yurt
02-26-2008, 12:55 AM

:gay::gay::gay:

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 01:22 AM

Being with Gabby would turn any man gay.

Yurt
02-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Being with Gabby would turn any man gay.

dude, just cuz you can't get any :poke: don't mean you have to dish on her like that. she is married to a repub, are you saying he's gay?

gabosaurus
02-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Nevada is just upset because he can't get any...

gabosaurus
02-26-2008, 01:38 AM

Nevada had a girl in his bedroom once. She left after he told her about his fantasy of having sex with a chick wearing a burka.

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Nevada is just upset because he can't get any...

Just because I wont touch your nasty ass doesn't mean I can't get any. I get more ass then Bill Clinton. Nice way to derail a thread, your typical strategy.

DragonStryk72
02-26-2008, 04:10 AM
So...from what I gather.....the blacks could give a shit less if something were to happen to McCain or the Shrill?

They just be worrying about.........."their man"...

:cow:

Well, historically, and I mean, within the last generation or so, history does bear them out. I mean, white women tend not to get snipers' bullets, and the same with white guys going for the presidency.

I'm not in any way saying I think the fears has solid foundation, I'm just saying, if you look at the life expectancy of black leaders who go further than those previous, well, they're not completely out of their minds.

DragonStryk72
02-26-2008, 04:22 AM

Okay, so then a buddhist who converts to Christianity is apparently still a buddhist, so basically, according to you, God lied in the bible when he put in all those part about redemption, forgiveness, and free will? this is an amazing insight, really.

This, of course, means that all the evangelicals are incorrect as well, since, well, apparently, they can't do a thing about a person's spirituality, it's locked in for the rest of their lives.

I'm sorry to come into this all torqued, but seriously, this is the kind of stuff that just burns me. Look, if you have a problem with his policies, cool, more power to you, if you have a problem with his voting record, again, great. This is not in any way Germaine to his candidacy.

It isn't even a balanced article, the woman decided he was Muslim, due to his name, and then continued in said direction, twisting all facts in the direction of her predetermined conclusion. This isn't informed, it's just blatantly sad, pathetic, and a waste of perfectly good mental capacity that could be put to better use elsewhere.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Your kidding yourself. The White Power groups have more money then Jesse Jackson could ever dream of having. That's why the ACLU and Law Enforcement Agencies are going after them financially.
Not on a per capita basis. Legals always attack by going after the money, or by tax evasion.

Yurt
02-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Just because I wont touch your nasty ass doesn't mean I can't get any. I get more ass then Bill Clinton. Nice way to derail a thread, your typical strategy.

uh, you started in on her first :poke:

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
uh, you started in on her first :poke:

No she started it, she came into this thread.

02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
No she started it, she came into this thread.

posting in a thread doesnt derail it.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
.... if you look at the life expectancy of black leaders who go further than those previous, well, they're not completely out of their minds.
How many are killed by other blacks?

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 01:41 PM
posting in a thread doesnt derail it.

When it's Gabby posting it does.

DrJohn
02-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Nice way to derail a thread, your typical strategy.

Typical lame bullshit.

Yurt
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
When it's Gabby posting it does.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Typical lame bullshit.

Yes, you are.

GW in Ohio
02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
It will be a great thing for the US and the world when Obama is elected president. For one thing, it will have an enormously positive impact on race relations in this country.

And for those millions and millions of Muslims throughout the world who have traditionally seen us as a bunch of menacing, threatening white guys, having a president with a Muslim name will go a long, long way toward bridging the gap with the Muslim world and bringing about good relations with the world's Muslims.

In the current war on terror, there are just a few Islamofascists who are actively seeking to bring us down, but they have had the tacit support of much of the Muslim world for years. President Obama's administration will finally start to bring the moderate Muslims over to our side. And when al Qaeda's support in the Muslim world starts to dry up, it will be harder and harder for those shitballs to hide.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
It will be a great thing for the US and the world when Obama is elected president. For one thing, it will have an enormously positive impact on race relations in this country.

And for those millions and millions of Muslims throughout the world who have traditionally seen us as a bunch of menacing, threatening white guys, having a president with a Muslim name will go a long, long way toward bridging the gap with the Muslim world and bringing about good relations with the world's Muslims.
In the current war on terror, there are just a few Islamofascists who are actively seeking to bring us down, but they have had the tacit support of much of the Muslim world for years. President Obama's administration will finally start to bring the moderate Muslims over to our side. And when al Qaeda's support in the Muslim world starts to dry up, it will be harder and harder for those shitballs to hide.

Being he is a Muslim and beeing endorsed by Muslim's I could buy that. He will never make President, he has no chance.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Being he is a Muslim and beeing endorsed by Muslim's I could buy that. He will never make President, he has no chance.

he's not a muslim. stop it.

GW in Ohio
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM

NM: You do know the guy's not a Muslim, right?

Please tell me you're just doing this to stir things up. The alternative explanation is, you're the dumbest shit that ever posted here.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
NM: You do know the guy's not a Muslim, right?

Please tell me you're just doing this to stir things up. The alternative explanation is, you're the dumbest shit that ever posted here.

The hell he isn't/ He went to a radical Muslim school while growing up. He recently had his picture taken wearing aMuslim diaper on his head and his has this terrorist supporting group endorsing him. If it quacks like a duck then, well you know...............

MtnBiker
02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
The hell he isn't/ He went to a radical Muslim school while growing up. He recently had his picture taken wearing aMuslim diaper on his head and his has this terrorist supporting group endorsing him. If it quacks like a duck then, well you know...............

He also attended a Catholic school growing up. How many times have you seen Barrack squat down and pray toward Mecca?

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
He also attended a Catholic school growing up. How many times have you seen Barrack squat down and pray toward Mecca?

He does it privatly, if he does it publically he knows his career is over. He attended the Muslim school first and was already brainwashed then it was to late to get out the evil that was already planted in his head.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:47 AM

no. he didn't. the school was NOT a radical muslim school. that is simply a lie. He was wearing native garb at a Kenya ceremony. you need to grow up.

MtnBiker
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
He does it privatly,

Your arguments are far from convincing. How do you know he does it in private? What sort of priviledge infromation do you have that no one else as?

02-27-2008, 11:59 AM

The only problem with that is I don't think it will have a positive impact on race relations. Those people who are racist, regardless of minority or majority status, are still going to be racist. I think the idea that voting for a half-black candidate for President is going to fix race relations is incredibly naive.

The only thing that can heal race relations are people learning to take responsibility for their actions and forgive one another.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Your arguments are far from convincing. How do you know he does it in private? What sort of priviledge infromation do you have that no one else as?

It's called common sense, maybe one day you will develop some.

GW in Ohio
02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
The only problem with that is I don't think it will have a positive impact on race relations. Those people who are racist, regardless of minority or majority status, are still going to be racist. I think the idea that voting for a half-black candidate for President is going to fix race relations is incredibly naive.

The only thing that can heal race relations are people learning to take responsibility for their actions and forgive one another.

Yes, there are still racists among us, but think of how much less there are than in the '50s, '60s, or even the '70s. The hard-core racists are dying off and they're not being replaced.

For many black people in this country, their perception (rightly or wrongly) is that the deck is stacked against them and it's a white man's world. Having a black man as president will eliminate all of that. Obama will be a wonderful role model for black men.

For that matter, he'll be a good role model for anybody, black, white, Asian, or whatever.

Immanuel
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I haven't read all of this thread, but to be honest with you, as a Conservative, White, Male recovering Republican; I worry about Obama's safety too. I do not support the man, but I worry that some crackpot whether he be a redneck racist who would be damned before he let a person of color sit in the desk at the oval office or a crackpot democrat who wants to make sure the first woman President sits there in 2009, I fear that someone will attempt to have his/her will trump that of the American people.

I may not like the choice made in November, but this is my country and I love it... right or wrong. I'll stick by it no matter who is elected.

Immie

MtnBiker
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
It's called common sense

Again your agument is weak and you have not convinced anyone.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=208972#post208972

retiredman
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM

I agree completely...and regarding the linked post, I think the fact that Nevadamedic and four of his rep buddies occupy five of the top ten reputation spots is proof positive that the system is not a measure of anyone's ability to articulate a position or argue an issue, but nothing more than gooey evidence of an adolescent cyber-circle jerk.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
he's not a muslim. stop it. What's wrong if he is? Are you saying Democrats are predjudiced?

retiredman
02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
What's wrong if he is? Are you saying Democrats are predjudiced?
no. I am just saying that your pos rep circle jerk pal, nevadamedic, is incorrect.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
no. I am just saying that your pos rep circle jerk pal, nevadamedic, is incorrect. If he's an inconsequential circle jerk, then what difference does it make?

I think that you're worried about your beloved, and prejudiced, Democrats.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
If he's an inconsequential circle jerk, then what difference does it make?

I think that you're worried about your beloved, and prejudiced, Democrats.

It doesn't make any "difference".....when you think about it, none of the words that appear on this website actually make a difference.... but we still gather her to discuss politics, and, in that spirit, I think speaking accurately makes sense and I like to call folks on it who don't.

02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Yes, there are still racists among us, but think of how much less there are than in the '50s, '60s, or even the '70s. The hard-core racists are dying off and they're not being replaced.

For many black people in this country, their perception (rightly or wrongly) is that the deck is stacked against them and it's a white man's world. Having a black man as president will eliminate all of that. Obama will be a wonderful role model for black men.

For that matter, he'll be a good role model for anybody, black, white, Asian, or whatever.

Condeleeza Rice, Colen Powell, Clarence Thomas have all been excellent role models for blacks. They haven't changed the perception. Why do you think Obama will?

I completely agree that if you are logical this should. But people arent logical. People dont change their minds do to facts.

GW in Ohio
02-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Condeleeza Rice, Colen Powell, Clarence Thomas have all been excellent role models for blacks. They haven't changed the perception. Why do you think Obama will?

I completely agree that if you are logical this should. But people arent logical. People dont change their minds do to facts.

1. None of those people was president. They don't have the visibility of the prez.

2. Condoleezza Rice? :lol::dance::lol: Who gives a rip about her?

02-27-2008, 03:12 PM
1. None of those people was president. They don't have the visibility of the prez.

2. Condoleezza Rice? :lol::dance::lol: Who gives a rip about her?

I am going to disagree with you here. I think this will make the race baiting more shrill. Not lessen tensions.

DrJohn
02-27-2008, 04:40 PM
He does it privatly, if he does it publically he knows his career is over. He attended the Muslim school first and was already brainwashed then it was to late to get out the evil that was already planted in his head.

If you believe this bullshit then yu are the one who is brainwashed.

glockmail
02-27-2008, 07:28 PM

... If he's elected, based on his proposals, he'll be just like Jiminy Carter, the worst president of the 20th century. Remember 16% inflation, gas lines, and American hostages in Iran? Some role model. :lol:

retiredman
02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
If he's elected, based on his proposals, he'll be just like Jiminy Carter, the worst president of the 20th century. Remember 16% inflation, gas lines, and American hostages in Iran? Some role model. :lol:

Oil was $28 a barrel when your hero Dubya took office. He said that he would "jawbone" those oil producing nations to keep the price of oil down.

It hit $102 today.

People in glass houses ought not to throw stones.

nevadamedic
02-28-2008, 01:14 AM

That has no relevance in this thread. Besides posting what someone said to me in a Rep comment doesn't prove anything.

retiredman
02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
NM...post 109:laugh2:

MtnBiker
02-28-2008, 08:12 AM
That has no relevance in this thread. Besides posting what someone said to me in a Rep comment doesn't prove anything.

You have displayed a continued weakness to make an argument and now the inability to explain yourself.

You should consider how this presents yourself to the board and what effect that it may have on the perception of the rest of your posts.

5stringJeff
02-28-2008, 09:03 AM
You have displayed a continued weakness to make an argument and now the inability to explain yourself.

You should consider how this presents yourself to the board and what effect that it may have on the perception of the rest of your posts.

Translation (for NM's benefit): People think you're a tool because you post outlandish remarks, then ignore people/threads asked for proof. Regardless of what your "rep points" may be, people do not take your posts seriously.

glockmail
02-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Oil was $28 a barrel when your hero Dubya took office. He said that he would "jawbone" those oil producing nations to keep the price of oil down.
It hit $102 today.

People in glass houses ought not to throw stones.

That was pre 9/11. Liberals like you don't understand that the world changed that day. :pee:

retiredman
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
That was pre 9/11. Liberals like you don't understand that the world changed that day. :pee:

I know...9/11 changed the way milk tastes. 9/11 changed the way baseball is played. 9/11 changed EVERYTHING!!!! Bush hides behind 9/11 all the time.

Rudy tried that in this primary season.... it's pretty obvious that America ain't buyin' that shit anymore!:laugh2:

glockmail
02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I know...9/11 changed the way milk tastes. 9/11 changed the way baseball is played. 9/11 changed EVERYTHING!!!! Bush hides behind 9/11 all the time.

Rudy tried that in this primary season.... it's pretty obvious that America ain't buyin' that shit anymore!:laugh2:

Americans didn't "buy" Rudy because he was liberal and a philanderer. We liked his toughness on gang-bangers and criminals, and figgered that would work quite well against terrorists.

No, 9/11 just changed the way we think about security. Its more important than anything else.:pee:

retiredman
02-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Americans didn't "buy" Rudy because he was liberal and a philanderer. We liked his toughness on gang-bangers and criminals, and figgered that would work quite well against terrorists.

No, 9/11 just changed the way we think about security. Its more important than anything else.:pee:

I understand how 9/11 changed the way we think about security, why did it change the way Bush was going to jawbone the oil producers to keep prices low...or was it that he was just too busy being the war president to give a shit about how much his "subjects" were paying at the pump? :laugh2:

glockmail
02-28-2008, 09:56 AM
I understand how 9/11 changed the way we think about security, why did it change the way Bush was going to jawbone the oil producers to keep prices low...or was it that he was just too busy being the war president to give a shit about how much his "subjects" were paying at the pump? :laugh2: Duh. Prices rise due to instability in the producing regions. War produces instability. :slap:

retiredman
02-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Duh. Prices rise due to instability in the producing regions. War produces instability. :slap:

when is dubya gonna get around to that "jawboning" he bragged about?:lol:

saudi arabia's oil output has not slacked one drop.... prices are more directly related to supply than instability. Oil prices have tripled and dubya has yet to haul out the jawbone.

glockmail
02-28-2008, 10:12 AM
when is dubya gonna get around to that "jawboning" he bragged about?:lol:

saudi arabia's oil output has not slacked one drop.... prices are more directly related to supply than instability. Oil prices have tripled and dubya has yet to haul out the jawbone. A liberal arguing abut supply an demand. :lol:

You forget that SA is not the only producer, and the US is not the sole consumer, and that W is not willing to bend over and take it up the ass like you would. :pee:

retiredman
02-28-2008, 10:34 AM
A liberal arguing abut supply an demand. :lol:

You forget that SA is not the only producer, and the US is not the sole consumer, and that W is not willing to bend over and take it up the ass like you would. :pee:

hey... he said he would jawbone the oil producers to keep the prices down. prices have more than tripled and he hasn't kept his word.

Classact
02-28-2008, 10:51 AM
hey... he said he would jawbone the oil producers to keep the prices down. prices have more than tripled and he hasn't kept his word.President Bush is giving a press conference and addressed this question just now... he said that he proposed to the congress that they build refineries on closed military bases and explore for oil at home but Democrats only speak about alternative energy. Bush says if you raise tax on oil companies gas prices will go up... if you don't drill at home and the demand continues or raises the gas price will go up. He has offered solutions but the Democrats reject them.

retiredman
02-28-2008, 10:59 AM
President Bush is giving a press conference and addressed this question just now... he said that he proposed to the congress that they build refineries on closed military bases and explore for oil at home but Democrats only speak about alternative energy. Bush says if you raise tax on oil companies gas prices will go up... if you don't drill at home and the demand continues or raises the gas price will go up. He has offered solutions but the Democrats reject them.

but has he "jawboned" any oil producers and kept the price of oil from tripling?

That's what he promised us he would do.

nevadamedic
02-28-2008, 11:06 AM

Actually Rudy didn't make it because his campaign strategy was crap.

Classact
02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
but has he "jawboned" any oil producers and kept the price of oil from tripling?

That's what he promised us he would do.Part of the jawboning is security that is explained in this link... http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?entry=7937 Congress has to approve the arms. The Sunnis in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the remainder of the hood are afraid of the Democrats winning in 09 and allowing Iran to become strong. Give us a security agreement and we'll give you more oil.

retiredman
02-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Part of the jawboning is security that is explained in this link... http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?entry=7937 Congress has to approve the arms. The Sunnis in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the remainder of the hood are afraid of the Democrats winning in 09 and allowing Iran to become strong. Give us a security agreement and we'll give you more oil.
he's had seven years to jawbone and the price has tripled on his watch. quit making excuses for him

GW in Ohio
02-28-2008, 11:30 AM
President Bush is giving a press conference and addressed this question just now... he said that he proposed to the congress that they build refineries on closed military bases and explore for oil at home but Democrats only speak about alternative energy. Bush says if you raise tax on oil companies gas prices will go up... if you don't drill at home and the demand continues or raises the gas price will go up. He has offered solutions but the Democrats reject them.

You'll have to pardon me if I take anything Mr. Bush says about oil with a grain of salt, knowing as I do that his campaigns have been financed by the oil producers and that he is deeply indebted to them.

To say that Bush and Cheney are in bed with big oil is like saying "snow is cold."

Classact
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
he's had seven years to jawbone and the price has tripled on his watch. quit making excuses for himSaudi Arabia increased production several times over that period during periods of production problem in Northern Africa. Now it's crunch time and the ME is going to be in a world wide oil war in the coming decades. Russia has ample supply and continues exploration... China is all over North Africa and South America protecting oil sources... America and Western Europe have the ME as a source to supplement Mexico and Canada as we continue to grow. Our national supply continues to drop and our demand continues to grow. No new oil wells... no new refineries but the demand continues.

glockmail
02-28-2008, 01:06 PM
hey... he said he would jawbone the oil producers to keep the prices down. prices have more than tripled and he hasn't kept his word.

That's what he promised us he would do.

he's had seven years to jawbone and the price has tripled on his watch. quit making excuses for him

Argumentum ad nauseam (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Argumentum%20ad%20nauseam)

:pee:

Yurt
02-28-2008, 01:31 PM

YOU said it as well

02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
You'll have to pardon me if I take anything Mr. Bush says about oil with a grain of salt, knowing as I do that his campaigns have been financed by the oil producers and that he is deeply indebted to them.

To say that Bush and Cheney are in bed with big oil is like saying "snow is cold."

yeah I cant imagine why the oil companies wouldnt be supportive of the Democrats trying to shut them down. who would have thought?

actsnoblemartin
02-29-2008, 05:06 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if he truly was a muslims, i mean he went to a mulsim school, er madrassa for some time in his youth.

And his policies alone, and the liberal sheep who think he's the second coming of jesus christ, are reason alone for me not to vote for him

DrJohn
02-29-2008, 06:17 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if he truly was a muslims, i mean he went to a mulsim school, er madrassa for some time in his youth.

And his policies alone, and the liberal sheep who think he's the second coming of jesus christ, are reason alone for me not to vote for him

I thought you were smarter than that.

actsnoblemartin
02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
well i didnt ask for your endorsement, or opinion on my intelligence, but no of us truly know his truth religious beliefs. and as i said, his policies alone, are the reason he should not be elected.

I thought you were smarter than that.

DrJohn
02-29-2008, 06:34 AM
well i didnt ask for your endorsement, or opinion on my intelligence, but no of us truly know his truth religious beliefs. and as i said, his policies alone, are the reason he should not be elected.

When you post you are essentially opening yourself up to comments whether you ask or not.

You're not very experienced with this forum thing are you?

actsnoblemartin
02-29-2008, 06:38 AM
that wasnt a criticism, that was a personal attack.

When you post you are essentially opening yourself up to comments whether you ask or not.

You're not very experienced with this forum thing are you?

DrJohn
02-29-2008, 06:39 AM
that wasnt a criticism, that was a personal attack.

No it wasn't.
I've seen you attack folks and I've seen others attack you.
I merely made an observation.

actsnoblemartin
02-29-2008, 06:41 AM
well it would have been nice if you had explained why.

I try not to attack people, but im human, and i feel they need it, :coffee: i give it

No it wasn't.
I've seen you attack folks and I've seen others attack you.
I merely made an observation.