PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell me the benefits of privatizing social security

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
The federal government is projected to go bankrupt at some point, i cant remember the year, an i the only who thinks social security being privatized would be a good idea, because it allows people to be in charge of their own money?

Lets discuss it please

manu1959
02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
The federal government is projected to go bankrupt at some point, i cant remember the year, an i the only who thinks social security being privatized would be a good idea, because it allows people to be in charge of their own money?

Lets discuss it please

well are you planning to retire off of the money the govt' will be giving you back or are you planning to retire off of the money you have saved and invested......

82Marine89
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Lets discuss it please

Privatizing it keeps the money out of the hands of our politicians. The same politicians that don't partake in the system. Email them and ask why. I would love to hear their response.

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I think we could retire better, because we could grow our money at a higher rate of interest with stocks, bonds, 401k, and other higher interest yields then the govenment could ever have.

We could also be more self succient, and thus feel better about ourselves.

Mr. P
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Get pissed and call Washington.

After you see what could be!

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba215.html

02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
1)We would have private accounts instead of any of the money going to the government. That would take tremendous pressure off the federal government.

2)It would provide individuals with a greater stake in their financial future. that would encourage them to educate themselves and build better choices for their financial future.

manu1959
02-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Get pissed and call Washington.

After you see what could be!

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba215.html

which is why it will be what you can save that you will retire on not what the govt may or may not give you....

Mr. P
02-23-2008, 04:10 PM
which is why it will be what you can save that you will retire on not what the govt may or may not give you....

That's right and in mass folks are doing that, so many in fact there have been attempts by congress to tax yer 401K. They'll keep trying.