PDA

View Full Version : why cant we get the government out of healthcare?

actsnoblemartin
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I mean, look at the wonderful job they did with our veterans.

I mean, if they are going to treat men and women who risked dying to protect our freedoms like less then dirt, imagine how we will be treated once federally mandated health care, with no private insurance allowed.

does the government really have to do everything for me, am i that incompent?

Does the govenment think im retarded?

does anyone agree with on this?

Lets let the private sector fix it, with minimal common sense oversight from the government so the private sector doesnt break the law.

Small government working effectiently, :slap:

am i asking too much

THIS is why im a conservative

typomaniac
02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
...Does the govenment think im retarded?

does anyone agree with on this?...
On this issue, I'm betting that a lot of people here agree with the government. ;)

[j/k :D]

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Why is there profit in health care insurance and provider lobbying efforts in our government? To a degree I agree with you, martin. The government should stay the hell out of heath care and health care should stay the hell out of government. Considering neither can or will exist, which side do you fall on?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:58 AM
I believe the federal government plays a role in health care:

They provide real over sight, and enforce all the existing rules and regulations, and any company found to be committing a crime, is punished financially, maybe even people charged with crimes.

Then, the private sector is allowed to compete fully, to give health insurance.

Strict over sight, to make sure they play by the rules, and more competition, to try and lower prices, and hopefully the marketplace can provide high care, for low cost.

Maybe im nieve, but that is what id like to see

Why is there profit in health care insurance and provider lobbying efforts in our government? To a degree I agree with you, martin. The government should stay the hell out of heath care and health care should stay the hell out of government. Considering neither can or will exist, which side do you fall on?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Health Insurance and abusing health care providers are ruining health care in this country, martin. I am all for the insurers and the providers for making a fair and justifiable profit. For years I have trusted them. I do not trust them now. Is that their fault or just some congenital defect of my own?

I believe the federal government plays a role in health care:

They provide real over sight, and enforce all the existing rules and regulations, and any company found to be committing a crime, is punished financially, maybe even people charged with crimes.

Then, the private sector is allowed to compete fully, to give health insurance.

Strict over sight, to make sure they play by the rules, and more competition, to try and lower prices, and hopefully the marketplace can provide high care, for low cost.

Maybe im nieve, but that is what id like to see

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 05:59 AM
You could always hire an outisde private sector firm to go after them

:coffee:

cant hurt since the government isnt doing its job

Health Insurance and abusing health care providers are ruining health care in this country, martin. I am all for the insurers and the providers for making a fair and justifiable profit. For years I have trusted them. I do not trust them now. Is that their fault or just some congenital defect of my own?