PDA

View Full Version : Outer Banks

jackass
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Thinking of taking a family vacation to the Outer Banks this year. Anyone ever been there? Have any insight as to what part of the Outer Banks I should stay? If not there we are looking into a mountain getaway. Havent decided yet.

Mr. P
02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Thinking of taking a family vacation to the Outer Banks this year. Anyone ever been there? Have any insight as to what part of the Outer Banks I should stay? If not there we are looking into a mountain getaway. Havent decided yet.

Do Kitty Hawk if you go.

jillian
02-23-2007, 04:48 AM

I think we stayed in Nags Head when we went, but it's been a while. Recommend the Outer Banks highly!!

Oh yeah... and this was our favorite breakfast place there. Again, been a while, but it was great when we were there!! Great coffee, grits...

And if you get the ferry to Okrakoke, there's a place there that had the absolutely best crab cakes we've ever had in our lives. Not much to do for kids on Okrakoke, though.

http://samandomies.net/

jackass
02-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys! I was looking at houses there and it is VERY affordable! I think we might even get 2 houses and invite some other friends and family.